|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Speedway- Indy 500

Currently on a business trip in Indianapolis, plant is 5-min walk to Indy 500, Huge track... it must be a zoo here during Indy 500... They use this track for 4 races a year... Other than that, this town is boring IMO ... sorry Indy guys/girls/AC-DC... accept the girl in front lobby is beautiful and having excellent looking tits

There is a golf course with 4 or 5 holes inside the track. A nationally rated track called the Brickyard. I played it a month prior to the Indy 500 when there were a couple cars running trials. Loudest damn thing I've ever heard, and that was just a couple cars. It's a typical Pete Dye course with ball-busting greens. I hate Pete Dye passionately.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

The only Dye course I remember playing is the River Course at Kingsmill just south of Williamsburg. My father used to take us on family vacations there and he and I would play it and the Golden Horseshoe. I recall playing pretty well at that Dye course despite the tacky railroad ties. Parred the signature 17th every time by playing left (away from the river) and pitching up and down. The women's PGA may still play it. Its good for them but maybe not long enough anymore for the real players.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    There is a golf course with 4 or 5 holes inside the track. A nationally rated track called the Brickyard. I played it a month prior to the Indy 500 when there were a couple cars running trials. Loudest damn thing I've ever heard, and that was just a couple cars. It's a typical Pete Dye course with ball-busting greens. I hate Pete Dye passionately.
    U live in Indiana, Horseballs? sorry man, this town is so boring, maybe I don't stay here long enough to know... I would take Pittsburgh over this town any day. On the news it said they will have a ceremony for Larry Bird's statue at Indiana U this week or next week? I guess he's a hero in this town...
    Well, It's good to fly home today, when I keep lơơking at the beautiful girl at the front desk who has beautiful tits then I know it's time to go home and screw my wife

No I don't live in Indiana. The only good part about Indianapolis is that it's only a couple hours from Chicago.
    Pittsburgh is a nice city, but it is pretty isolated. My old company was based there and I always got the feeling of cabin fever if I stayed more than a week.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The only Dye course I remember playing is the River Course at Kingsmill just south of Williamsburg. My father used to take us on family vacations there and he and I would play it and the Golden Horseshoe. I recall playing pretty well at that Dye course despite the tacky railroad ties. Parred the signature 17th every time by playing left (away from the river) and pitching up and down. The women's PGA may still play it. Its good for them but maybe not long enough anymore for the real players.
    I don't like any of Dye's signature design elements. The tiny pot bunkers, the raised greens, the railroad ties. The guy moves more dirt around than anyone. I like the architects who mold the course to the land, not the other way around.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Since I didn't have to pay for the rounds, drinks or meals, I guess I overlooked those features. And 30 years ago, many of those par 4's were driver and pitching wedge for me so the design features didn't really come into play. Nowadays, I get real cranky on a course with all that crap just short of the windmill.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    That's actually a Dye redo course. Those holes on the infield are pretty cool, especially the one up pretty high over the marsh.
    Part of outer track earlier wall, was used in retaining his earthen walls, you can see the tire scrub marks on some spots. Eagle creek runs through the middle of the course. I dove in it after one of my balls, and came out with about 20 prov1 balls, there was hundreds. I threw the ones I didn't want, in a pile by the tee box, for the Asian group behind me, for being so patient.
    The US nationals was going on about 10 miles away, a double points NHRA drag race, the ground shook like an earthquake on the teebox, as more than 10,000 horsepower launched.
    The northern part of Indy is kind of nice. It's always in the top 10 places to live for some reason. Good paying jobs, low unemployment, good schools, I guess, there's a Rolls Royce dealer.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Thread Information