|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The Official Greatest Sport, Event, Choke, Comeback & Win Thread

The greatest sport in all of sports ever is Yachting.

The greatest event in yachting is The America's Cup.

The greatest comeback in the history of sport is America coming back from down 8-1, one loss away from defeat, then winning 8 straight matches to win the cup.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest choke in the history of sport is now New Zealand in the cup, on the brink of winning and then losing 8 straight.

Am I forgetting anything? Oh yeah, a little bragging on that other site.
    GR lives...

It's times like this I'm glad nobody else gives a **** about yachting. However after bragging when we were leading about 6-1 it's only right that I come back and face the music. I take full responsibility for the loss after offending the mocker gods with my premature assumption of victory.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    It's times like this I'm glad nobody else gives a **** about yachting. However after bragging when we were leading about 6-1 it's only right that I come back and face the music. I take full responsibility for the loss after offending the mocker gods with my premature assumption of victory.
    And hearty congrats on breaking the 10K posts milestone. Who gives a syphlitic dog's bollocks about some fooking costly rag boats, eh?
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

That's right, Kiwi, you're from New Zealand, I'd forgotten. No worries, none of us have been so victimized in the way you have but it's humility that opens the door to life's lessons.

Actually, I narrowly avoided sharing your humiliation. With New Zealand up 8-1 I switched allegiences and was all in for the Kiwi team. Fortunately for me, 4 or 5 losses later I switched to the Americans. Sometimes things just work out.

We will do our best to be gracious, Mongrel set the tone. Unfortunately Americans are not a gracious lot either in victory or defeat.

Tough way to break 10,000. A 10 month wait and then this. Congrats nonetheless.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    And hearty congrats on breaking the 10K posts milestone. Who gives a syphlitic dog's bollocks about some fooking costly rag boats, eh?
    About 4 million New Zealanders and about 50 Americans.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks guys but I broke the 10, 000 posts milestone on Spanks 'It is safe to return to GR' thread.

Now where the f#ck am I?

As much as I'd love to rub this in Kiwi's face, I still don't care. So a bunch of Kiwi's in an American boat beat a bunch of Kiwi's in a boat from NZ. That's not a fair fight. America has money and smarts but can't sail worth a damn. Kiwi's are poor and stupid but excellent sailors.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Actully BOTH boats were built in NZ and the Oracle CEO is a New Zealand mercenary named Russell Coutts who has owned the America's Cup since 1995.

A brief history:

1995 Russell Coutts skippers Team NZ to 5-0 victory over the USA in San Diego to win the America's Cup
    2000 Russell Coutts skippers Team NZ to 5-0 victory over Italy in Auckland to retain the America's Cup
    2003 Russell Coutts sells out to Swiss Billionaire and skippers Team Switzerland (that's right a land locked country) to 5-0 victory over his old team NZ in Auckland
    2007 Retains America's Cup vs NZ in Valencia
    2010 sells out to Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison and takes the Cup off his old Swiss team
    2013 Orchestrates the greatest comeback in America's Cup history to retain the Cup in San Francisco breaking 4 million Kiwi hearts (again) in the process.

Hey Russell - F.uck YOU!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Thanks guys but I broke the 10, 000 posts milestone on Spanks 'It is safe to return to GR' thread.
    This is true. Sorry for your loss, Mr. Kiwi... It was neat seeing those sail boats go as fast as 56 miles per hour... do not know how many knots that is. One dude died.

I was at the beach at Fisherman's Wharf and some jackass on a boat shot a seal. He swam up and was laying on the beach. The seal rescue team was called. I call them water dogs because they bark and look like dogs.

Serious... It it called the Marine Mammal Center. I love my City (San Francisco).
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 09-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Hey Spank

I visited your fine city about a year ago and stayed down near Fishermans Wharf (can't remember the name of the hotel my wife always books all that stuff). Love your city and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Seeing the harbour, waterfront and Alcatraz on TV everyday brought back great memories. We also hired bikes and cycled across GG Bridge to Sausalito which was nice. It was fleet week when we were there and I loved the air display. Awesome!

I saw the seals down by Pier 39. They are smelly critters when there are that many of them so close to the city.

Loved the New England seafood chowder washed down with some great beers. We also took a trip out to Yosemite for a couple of days.

Loved the region. Would love to come and visit again sometime soon.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information