|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Does anyone know anything about these shafts (Project X 4.5)

Project X 4.5 Graphite

I tried to look them up online but didn't find a Project X shaft that was completely blue like these. Would the 4.5s be similar in flex to the stock DG R300s that come with the JPX 800s?
    I keeps it real.

If you are interested in graphite shafts in your irons you will probably also be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGke6pnT1d0
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Project X 4.5 Graphite

I tried to look them up online but didn't find a Project X shaft that was completely blue like these. Would the 4.5s be similar in flex to the stock DG R300s that come with the JPX 800s?
    That's the Project X Graphite Shaft. The Callaway Diablo Octane Tour driver came stock with those shafts in either 5.0 for regular, 6.0 for stiff and 7.0 for extra stiff. I tried the 6.0 and felt it was pretty stiff.

The 4.5 is probably a senior flex or just a tad more flexible than regular. I like the look of the shafts. I've never liked shafts that have two or three sections of different color.

Project X 4.5 Graphite

Not sure, but I remember reading somewhere that its flex is somewhere between Sr. to R- graphite shaft, maybe good for my slow SS. I learn that definitely steel shaft (105g) is too heavy for me, 75-80g graphite shaft is about right for me... I think that TT GS 75-85 steel shaft would be OK for me also, but have not had a chance to try them out

Project X 4.5 Graphite

It's in here ... 91g

http://media.mizunousa.com/images/pd...om-options.pdf

http://50.57.150.214/web/content/for...UM&msg=29087.1

http://www.performancefittingcenter....article&id=110
    Last edited by Pky6471; 06-06-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Nice find. I've never had my swing speed checked, but I currently swing Callaway X-18s with the uniflex graphite shaft and the results are decent. I definitely don't want a senior flex shaft, but the review in your second link didn't make it sound as though the 4.5s were whippy.

Kiwi, it's not that I'm looking for graphite shafts, but the used market for left handed JPX's is very, very thin. I saw these on ebay and was curious if they'd work.

Thanks for everyone's help (except for Kiwi who implanted the BB in my head twice this morning).
    I keeps it real.

Nice find. I've never had my swing speed checked, but I currently swing Callaway X-18s with the uniflex graphite shaft and the results are decent. I definitely don't want a senior flex shaft, but the review in your second link didn't make it sound as though the 4.5s were whippy.

Kiwi, it's not that I'm looking for graphite shafts, but the used market for left handed JPX's is very, very thin. I saw these on ebay and was curious if they'd work.

Thanks for everyone's help (except for Kiwi who implanted the BB in my head twice this morning).
    Remember I am a Researcher so I could find almost everything (except smart, beautiful women with a lot of money who would take care of me for the rest of my life )

I still have Cally 2002 BB iron set with CW-75g R-flex graphite shaft which I really like. I am bagging MX-23 Exsar R-flex graphite shaft now, I think it's 82g and I like it as well... Sh$$$t, no 105g steel shaft for me... NO F....ING WAY

Sorry about that Buddha. They've been advertising that lame POS on the radio every morning this week so I feel your pain. It's funny how the lamest songs that you hate get stuck in your head.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Sorry about that Buddha. They've been advertising that lame POS on the radio every morning this week so I feel your pain. It's funny how the lamest songs that you hate get stuck in your head.
    No worries. I like to spread the disease too. For some reason Lionel Richie's Endless Love will get stuck in my head out of nowhere. I make sure to pass on the good word to my wife.
    I keeps it real.

No worries. I like to spread the disease too. For some reason Lionel Richie's Endless Love will get stuck in my head out of nowhere. I make sure to pass on the good word to my wife.
    That's a great song but I prefer "Three times a lady" and "Hello". Neil Diamond also had a great song named "Hello".

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    That's a great song but I prefer "Three times a lady" and "Hello". Neil Diamond also had a great song named "Hello".
    LOL. I cursed you when I was brushing my teeth and "Once......twice.........." popped up.
    I keeps it real.

Speaking of lame songs you can't get out of your head

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL. I bought that album.

"Together forever and ever apart, together forever we'll be..."

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    LOL. I bought that album.

"Together forever and ever apart, together forever we'll be..."
    When you were buying that "Gay ass" album I was buying Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, etc...

I was twelve years old and blasting Big Balls from AC/DC in the living room.

I was trying to explain to my mom that it was about having large balls (parties in a mansion) and then her friend showed me the lyrics where it says they "cum and cum again" to the big balls...

I didn't get/comprehend/understand until maybe five years later. I thought they were having large ball room parties... didn't know the difference between cum and come...

I tried to explain to the adults, but they wouldn't hear me... The word "ball room" is in the song...

Last edited by spanqdoggie; 06-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Well, I'm the proud owner of those sticks. Guess I'll see how those 4.5s work out. I figure for $350 shipped I can't go wrong considering I can always have them reshafted and still be under $500 for a practically new set of JPX 800s.
    I keeps it real.

Well, I'm the proud owner of those sticks. Guess I'll see how those 4.5s work out. I figure for $350 shipped I can't go wrong considering I can always have them reshafted and still be under $500 for a practically new set of JPX 800s.
    Best of luck, Buddha... I just received my 5-PW Adams A4 set in ProLaunch Blue stiff shaft (82g) yesterday, Will take 5i, 7i and PW of that set and compare with my current MX-23 Exsar R-flex graphite shaft (probably in the 80s g shaft as well) and determine who wins

Thanks. Have fun with your testing. I find that's more fun than the actual purchase.
    I keeps it real.

So the JPX 800's won the 6 iron demo test vs the X-18's and the CGB Max from a month or two ago? Congrats on the new sticks.

Now where the f#ck am I?

So the JPX 800's won the 6 iron demo test vs the X-18's and the CGB Max from a month or two ago? Congrats on the new sticks.
    LOL. That's actually going to be determined tomorrow. I may have bought these clubs prematurely.
    I keeps it real.

LOL. That's actually going to be determined tomorrow. I may have bought these clubs prematurely.
    Nonsense. You can't go wrong with Mizuno.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Nonsense. You can't go wrong with Mizuno.
    yes U can, with a wrong shaft ....

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    yes U can, with a wrong shaft ....
    Wrong. The magic of GFF will overcome all obstacles. You could have the worst shaft in the world for your swing but the magic of GFF heads will perform wonders regardless of the shaft.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    When you were buying that "Gay ass" album I was buying Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, AC/DC, etc...

I was twelve years old and blasting Big Balls from AC/DC in the living room.

I was trying to explain to my mom that it was about having large balls (parties in a mansion) and then her friend showed me the lyrics where it says they "cum and cum again" to the big balls...

I didn't get/comprehend/understand until maybe five years later. I thought they were having large ball room parties... didn't know the difference between cum and come...

I tried to explain to the adults, but they wouldn't hear me... The word "ball room" is in the song...

Spank, I like all kinds of music. BTW, Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap came out way before Rick Astley. That AC/DC album was back in 1981 or something. I know because I owned it too and played it all the time. Iron Maiden sucked.

It sounds like we are the same age.

I liked Kiss, AC/DC, Van Halen, Rush, ELO, Boston, Doobie Brothers, Supertramp, REO Speedwagon, Journey & the list goes on and on. I've never really settled on any one type of music as I like most of it. I even liked some disco. Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever was awesome.

Wrong. The magic of GFF will overcome all obstacles. You could have the worst shaft in the world for your swing but the magic of GFF heads will perform wonders regardless of the shaft.
    U have been drinking with Lerry, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    U have been drinking with Lerry, right?
    Well you have to remember that Mizuno GFF choose the golfer not the other way around. If you are not chosen they will not perform in your hands even if you have your favourite shaft.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information