|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger wearing All Black!

Will he dominate the opposition in the same fashion as the great rugby team that also wears the colour of doom The All Blacks?

The intimidation factor alone should be worth at least 3 strokes.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Everyone is crumbling around Tiger!

Thompson just got a double bogie and lost the lead!

Tiger has everyone shaking at the knees!!!
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    Everyone is crumbling around Tiger!

Thompson just got a double bogie and lost the lead!

Tiger has everyone shaking at the knees!!!
    Exactly and I think it is the All Black outfit that is doing it. Tiger follows up Thomson's meltdown with a birdie to take the outright lead.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

HH is probably having an aneurysm. Tiger is looking solid.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

This will be today's post-round media interview with Tiger:

Media: Tiger, how's it feel to be in the lead of a major again?

Tiger: "I stuck to my game plan and it's working"

Media: What do you say to all of those doubters who said you were "done"?

Tiger: "I'm really happy with the way I stuck to my game plan"

Media: Was it destracting to be paired with Phil?

Tiger: "My plan is to play what the course gives me. So far I'm doing that"

Media: So, are you aware that the Golden Gate Bridge fell down an hour ago?

Tiger: "I'm really happy about my game plan. Gotta go, thanks".

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Will he dominate the opposition in the same fashion as the great rugby team that also wears the colour of doom The All Blacks?

The intimidation factor alone should be worth at least 3 strokes.
    We know he WILL wear RED on Sunday... That's a promise

I think Furyk is a good paring for tiger. He is one of the few who wouldnt be affected by playing with tige. They are long time friends and should bring out the best in each other. Tigr can rub fluff's nose right in it too.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Speaking of Furyk is there anybody more solid day in and day out than that guy? He plays a ton of events all year long, is always right near the top, the announcers were talking about his slumping as of late, What?!... dude is a machine... and honestly I think that pairing with Tiger will be wayyyy better for Tiger than Furyk... playing with a guy as solid as Furyk will definitely help Tigers focus, it's easier than having to deal with "Bubba Golf" all day that's for sure... however from Furyks perspective watching a guy who consistently puts it past you with an iron and can hit shot's that you can't will definitely take it's toll.. I expect Tiger to feed off of Furyk's consistency and 1 up him at every turn... That's what guys like Tiger relish, crushing souls... I expect Tiger to put on a show tomorrow... I truly believe that having to play with Mick and Bubba, especially with Bubba's attitude was a huge pain in the ass for Tiger...

Is the broad in the TV commercial with him really Furyk's wife? It would seem so.

OK, she's not a young kid, but he's still covering a real point spread there.

eh, I've seen some pictures of her that aren't quite as flattering... as a wise man once said it's all about the breast to upper arm size ratio... she's cute but the flabby arms are kind of a turn off for me...

All black is mandatory in San Francisco. It's a local democratic party rule. I thought everybody knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    All black is mandatory in San Francisco. It's a local democratic party rule. I thought everybody knew that.
    I thought maybe it was Pink.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

There is no intimidation factor unless the black shirt is tight fitting and Tiger is clean shaven holding an iron in his hand on the first tee. Then it's intimidation.

Everyone knows this..
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    There is no intimidation factor unless the black shirt is tight fitting and Tiger is clean shaven holding an iron in his hand on the first tee. Then it's intimidation.

Everyone knows this..
    .....and any intimidation is good intimidation. I've always thought he should do a Dennis Rodman-style tiger striped dye job to his hair.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I think Furyk is a good paring for tiger. He is one of the few who wouldnt be affected by playing with tige. They are long time friends and should bring out the best in each other. Tigr can rub fluff's nose right in it too.
    Im .ot one to say "I told you so", but...(at least in relation to Furyk)
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Is the broad in the TV commercial with him really Furyk's wife? It would seem so.

OK, she's not a young kid, but he's still covering a real point spread there.
    Jim Furyk went to Manheim township HS in Lancaster PA where my kids were when I lived in Lancaster PA... I met him at the driving range in Avondale PA when he (was a pro then) played in an exhibition ... Man, he hit 300+ drive EVERY TIME
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Jim Furyk went to Manheim township HS in Lancaster PA where my kids were when I lived in Lancaster PA... I met him at the driving range in Avondale PA when he (was a pro then) played in an exhibition ... Man, he hit 300+ drive EVERY TIME
    His stats put him well under 300 on hard, closely groomed fairways. Maybe he was longer then but his game has always been about precision since he's been on tour.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    His stats put him well under 300 on hard, closely groomed fairways. Maybe he was longer then but his game has always been about precision since he's been on tour.
    Yes, precision and great putting today then he would win

You know, even you Tiger lovers need to admit to the fact that Tiger just doesn't have what it takes to win a major anymore. There is no other way to describe what he did in the Open other than to just call it a blatant choke-job. The Tiger of old would have never relinquished a lead over the field going into the final two rounds, little less just completely shite it away.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    You know, even you Tiger lovers need to admit to the fact that Tiger just doesn't have what it takes to win a major anymore. There is no other way to describe what he did in the Open other than to just call it a blatant choke-job. The Tiger of old would have never relinquished a lead over the field going into the final two rounds, little less just completely shite it away.
    He's got a lot of golf miles on his body and his brain. He just ran out of gas 24 holes before Furyk did. Now he's just like the rest of them. Sometime in the future it will be his week just like some of the rest of them. It will no longer be every week or every event he deigns to play.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Furyk's duck hook on 16 came out of nowhere. I wonder if he had a sudden swing thought change in the middle of his swing, like he was trying to sling it around the corner or something.

Tiger stank it up the last two days. It looked like he didn't have a good attitude right off the first hole today.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Furyk's duck hook on 16 came out of nowhere. I wonder if he had a sudden swing thought change in the middle of his swing, like he was trying to sling it around the corner or something.

Tiger stank it up the last two days. It looked like he didn't have a good attitude right off the first hole today.
    A pattern is developing with Tiger. He used to start cold, warm up on Friday/Saturday, and kill it on Sunday. Now he comes out of the gate on fire and fizzles out by the weekend.

A pattern is developing with Tiger. He used to start cold, warm up on Friday/Saturday, and kill it on Sunday. Now he comes out of the gate on fire and fizzles out by the weekend.
    For the most part I agree, although he didn't do that a few weeks ago at Muirfield. Honestly, he doesn't seem to play well when he wears white-ish pants and geeky bright shirts on Saturday. I think he should stick to more conservative colors, like grey/dark blue, all black, etc. On Saturday of this year's US Open he wore beige pants and some kind of bright green shirt. He was doomed from the start.

Too bad that gold-digger ex of the Tiger gutted him financially.

Imagine how classy it would be if he just accepted that he was done and retired to a life of self-indulgence and debauchery at age 36?

That shot on 16 stopped him from winning the US Open

You think?

For the most part I agree, although he didn't do that a few weeks ago at Muirfield. Honestly, he doesn't seem to play well when he wears white-ish pants and geeky bright shirts on Saturday. I think he should stick to more conservative colors, like grey/dark blue, all black, etc. On Saturday of this year's US Open he wore beige pants and some kind of bright green shirt. He was doomed from the start.
    You know, other than red on sunday, I hadn't really noticed what he wears. You seem to be a bit obsessed with all things tiger, especially what he wears. Is this a coming out or something?

Yes, there are exceptions/outliers to any pattern but it seems to be tigers new pattern.

Did anyone see the post round interview on Saturday? I didn't watch saturday's coverage but I heard he was near tears. Is this true?

You know, other than red on sunday, I hadn't really noticed what he wears. You seem to be a bit obsessed with all things tiger, especially what he wears. Is this a coming out or something?

Yes, there are exceptions/outliers to any pattern but it seems to be tigers new pattern.

Did anyone see the post round interview on Saturday? I didn't watch saturday's coverage but I heard he was near tears. Is this true?
    I'm comfortable commenting on what another man wears.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in a state of denial in claiming you don't remember what he wore until Sunday. I think you do remember but are concerned about how it's making you feel.

He certainly didn't appear to be near tears during the short post-round interview on Saturday. He was mad when they asked him if he hurt his hand. At that point he was only +4.

I'll say it again. I think he shouldn't wear loud clothing on Saturdays. Saturday should be his quiet attack on the leaderboard. I would recommend darker colors, maybe grey, coupled with some classy shoes that have had the wax stripped off, leather cream applied and then cleaned and buffed with a fine shammy.

No it didn't. His second shot on 17 with a 4 iron 220 uphill playing about 240 carry in that heavy air was the stupidist club selection I may have ever seen. For a technicial who works like a dog on all his clubs and their distances, a lower lofted hybrid was the shot. And then on 18, if you can't hit the center of the green from 105 or so, you do not belong in that or any other professional golf tournament despite the knee-knocking pressure. And that goes for all the others who yanked theirs into that left bunker.

I think what really got Furyk and McDowell was their recent switching of clubs. Furyk was a Taylor guy for a long time and if I recall correctly, McDowell won at Pebble two years ago bagging Pings. Had they been bagging their comfortable sticks, Mrs. Simpson would have been whispering into Webb's ear "..nice effort, but you'll be using your left hand for a good while."
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Tiger Surprised Everybody, Even Himself.

The prevailing thought was if Tiger could get into a good swing and control his driver he could still win majors, despite physical and short game tissues. To see him do that yet still not cash on the weekend is surprising.
    GR lives...

I'm comfortable commenting on what another man wears.

You, on the other hand, seem to be in a state of denial in claiming you don't remember what he wore until Sunday. I think you do remember but are concerned about how it's making you feel.

He certainly didn't appear to be near tears during the short post-round interview on Saturday. He was mad when they asked him if he hurt his hand. At that point he was only +4.

I'll say it again. I think he shouldn't wear loud clothing on Saturdays. Saturday should be his quiet attack on the leaderboard. I would recommend darker colors, maybe grey, coupled with some classy shoes that have had the wax stripped off, leather cream applied and then cleaned and buffed with a fine shammy.
    Honestly, I don't even notice what he wears. I just don't have the feminine gene that you apparently have. Any ideas about his accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    The prevailing thought was if Tiger could get into a good swing and control his driver he could still win majors, despite physical and short game tissues. To see him do that yet still not cash on the weekend is surprising.
    I thought that his short game was just suffering from spending the majority of his time re-learning the full swing. Now, it's just hard to say. You'd think he would be spending equal time on long and short game. Some of his chip and pitch shots on Sunday were terrible. Not at a winner's level for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    No it didn't. His second shot on 17 with a 4 iron 220 uphill playing about 240 carry in that heavy air was the stupidist club selection I may have ever seen. For a technicial who works like a dog on all his clubs and their distances, a lower lofted hybrid was the shot. And then on 18, if you can't hit the center of the green from 105 or so, you do not belong in that or any other professional golf tournament despite the knee-knocking pressure. And that goes for all the others who yanked theirs into that left bunker.

I think what really got Furyk and McDowell was their recent switching of clubs. Furyk was a Taylor guy for a long time and if I recall correctly, McDowell won at Pebble two years ago bagging Pings. Had they been bagging their comfortable sticks, Mrs. Simpson would have been whispering into Webb's ear "..nice effort, but you'll be using your left hand for a good while."
    I thought Furyk has been a Srixon guy for a very long time now. No?

The second shot Furyk hit into 17 was horrible. However, I would argue that the tee shot on 16 is what lost the tournament for him. I think the tee shot was in his head for the remaining two holes.

As far as the wedge into 18, only 6 people had birdied that hole all day.

Harrington hit a horrible shot into 18.

Tiger always used to say that he'd leave the tour when he was no longer capable of winning.

Well, he did win his own event, Bay Hill, and Muirfield Village this year, but I'm not sure if that's what he meant.

If he goes a fourth and fifth straight year without winning one of the four big trophies, we may have to accept that he's done.

But he may not accept it, because that ex of his has all his money and he has to keep going.

It's really a shame, I think.

Honestly, I don't even notice what he wears. I just don't have the feminine gene that you apparently have. Any ideas about his accessories?
    So when you're looking at a television screen you don't notice the color of the shirt or pants? You just see a glob on the TV?

I also noticed that he had taped his index finger a little different on Saturday.

So when you're looking at a television screen you don't notice the color of the shirt or pants? You just see a glob on the TV?

I also noticed that he had taped his index finger a little different on Saturday.
    For what it's worth, and I suspect the answer is "nothing,"

I also cringed at the light beige trousers and the garrish green polo shirt.

It didn't look like an appropriate outfit for taking charge on Saturday, that's for sure.

I thought Furyk has been a Srixon guy for a very long time now. No?

The second shot Furyk hit into 17 was horrible. However, I would argue that the tee shot on 16 is what lost the tournament for him. I think the tee shot was in his head for the remaining two holes.

As far as the wedge into 18, only 6 people had birdied that hole all day.

Harrington hit a horrible shot into 18.
    Furyk played Srixon irons but used Taylor driver, fairway woods and hybrids, I think. The shot that really cost a player the title was Westwood's drive that stayed in the cypress tree. It was the same hole forget the number that Janzen hit into in the last round when he won in '98. And all those little chunked chips around the greens. Like the one Tiger chunked. I think next time they should get their Mexicans to get their lawnmowers and mow around the greens. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Furyk played Srixon irons but used Taylor driver, fairway woods and hybrids, I think. The shot that really cost a player the title was Westwood's drive that stayed in the cypress tree. It was the same hole forget the number that Janzen hit into in the last round when he won in '98. And all those little chunked chips around the greens. Like the one Tiger chunked. I think next time they should get their Mexicans to get their lawnmowers and mow around the greens. Enough is enough.
    A few interesting notes on Westwood's shot into the tree:

First, the shot into the tree was hit due west, with a wood.

Second, what was Westwood doing with binoculars looking up into the tree? If those were not binoculars and instead was a range finder, was he in violation of the rules?

Third, I think the tree swallowed his ball in protest of his garish walk and obnoxious "british" look. The man has an arrogant look about him that brings the word "wanker" to mind immediately. He seems a spoiled chap.

Sure, I saw what he was wearing. I just don't care what he is wearing let alone think it has anything to do with his golf. I imagine you even surmised if he was wearing boxer shorts, briefs, or boxer briefs. I personally don't care.

No, I didn't notice the tape. You and nantz seem to have a lot in common when it comes to tiger. Hmmm.....

Sure, I saw what he was wearing. I just don't care what he is wearing let alone think it has anything to do with his golf. I imagine you even surmised if he was wearing boxer shorts, briefs, or boxer briefs. I personally don't care.

No, I didn't notice the tape. You and nantz seem to have a lot in common when it comes to tiger. Hmmm.....
    I'm thinking that Tiger should avoid wearing white pants or light beige pants. To me it just doesn't look right. I liked the old days when he'd wear wrinkled chinos and an Ashworth shirt that was two sizes too big for him. He needs to get back to his roots. I'm not saying he needs to pull an Alex Haley, just do a little old school.

I thought that his short game was just suffering from spending the majority of his time re-learning the full swing. Now, it's just hard to say. You'd think he would be spending equal time on long and short game. Some of his chip and pitch shots on Sunday were terrible. Not at a winner's level for sure.
    If anything Tiger's been over-practicing his short game. His hands aren't what they once were, simple as that. You can see it in all aspects of the game particularly short putts, speed adjustments, chipping and bunker play. The most surprising to me is his wedge game. If it were a technical problem he would have been able to correct it with an hour of practice.

Thread Information