|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Anyone here uses this product?

Played a great round with a colleague from Taiwan today and he said that most if not all players in Taiwan wear this for sun protection. In fact he wears them today and he said it's "very comfortable" (it's 102F and high humidity at noon time).. I am thinking about this type of product for protection from sun... I see Pros wear them but I think when it's cold more so than for sun protection. What do you guys/girls/AC-DC think?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I've never used them but I see a ton of them here in Vegas, especially the asians... they're cover head to toe and have they're faces slathered with sunscreen and usually have masks on to boot, seems like a pretty good idea though if your prone to burning

Looks like panty-hose for the arms. I'll pass . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I see a lot of Asian players using those. I should probably do the same as my forearms get too much sun. Part of the problem is how muscular and defined my forearms get after working out. I doubt those lower arm panties would fit me.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I see a lot of Asian players using those. I should probably do the same as my forearms get too much sun. Part of the problem is how muscular and defined my forearms get after working out. I doubt those lower arm panties would fit me.
    I just ordered them for sun protection and hopefully prevent skin cancer... I wear straw hat in the past few years for protection as well

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    I just ordered them for sun protection and hopefully prevent skin cancer... I wear straw hat in the past few years for protection as well
    Why don't you just wear sun screen and avoid looking like a little *****?
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    Why don't you just wear sun screen and avoid looking like a little *****?
    I wear sun screen every time but in the past few years I could tell that the sun is catching up on my old age's skin and I want to minimize any potential skin cancer

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Are you kidding bones? You could probably wear them as pantyhose on your legs too.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I recommend the Harry Vardon solution--wear long sleeves and a necktie.

The only downside is that some people will just assume you have needle tracks.

I tried to wear one of those sleeve thingies someplace else to avoid chafing, but alas, it wasn't large enough.

Played a great round with a colleague from Taiwan today and he said that most if not all players in Taiwan wear this for sun protection. In fact he wears them today and he said it's "very comfortable" (it's 102F and high humidity at noon time).. I
    Nah, the answer is to play near the Pacific Ocean in the morning. There is always a strong breeze off the 65 degree water. That is our natural a/c, nobody has refrigerated air. Last week at Encinitas Ranch and yesterday at Sea N Air on North Island NAS, we were COLD during the warmup, everyone wore a warm jacket. No worries with sunburn we were protected by the heavy marine cloud layer.

We did remark that folks trying to play golf in 102 degrees with high humidity would love to experience a few minutes of this... but then we agreed that they deserve to live where they live--probably liberals anyhow!

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    Nah, the answer is to play near the Pacific Ocean in the morning. There is always a strong breeze off the 65 degree water. That is our natural a/c, nobody has refrigerated air. Last week at Encinitas Ranch and yesterday at Sea N Air on North Island NAS, we were COLD during the warmup, everyone wore a warm jacket. No worries with sunburn we were protected by the heavy marine cloud layer.

We did remark that folks trying to play golf in 102 degrees with high humidity would love to experience a few minutes of this... but then we agreed that they deserve to live where they live--probably liberals anyhow!

Larry
    I went to Jakes for brunch yesterday. The weather was absolutely perfect. We walked around Del Mar for a little while, looking at some of the shops and then we went up to that park area where they have weddings. That's one of the most quaint and beautiful cities I've been to, second to Carmel.

Played a great round with a colleague from Taiwan today and he said that most if not all players in Taiwan wear this for sun protection. In fact he wears them today and he said it's "very comfortable" (it's 102F and high humidity at noon time).. I am thinking about this type of product for protection from sun... I see Pros wear them but I think when it's cold more so than for sun protection. What do you guys/girls/AC-DC think?

It was warm this weekend and teed it up about 10 on saturday. I saw a guy wearing those sleeves. Talked to him about them on the putting green. He's visiting his brother from Vietnam. Seems to be big in asia. It makes since because being brown is equated with being a peasant farm slave.

yes, I did ask him about golf in Vietnam. Even asked if he knew Teesseee. He gave thumbs up for the golf but didn't know Teesseee. He said the hardest thing he's had to get used to is finding his own ball since they always have a caddie when he plays back home.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    It was warm this weekend and teed it up about 10 on saturday. I saw a guy wearing those sleeves. Talked to him about them on the putting green. He's visiting his brother from Vietnam. Seems to be big in asia. It makes since because being brown is equated with being a peasant farm slave.

yes, I did ask him about golf in Vietnam. Even asked if he knew Teesseee. He gave thumbs up for the golf but didn't know Teesseee. He said the hardest thing he's had to get used to is finding his own ball since they always have a caddie when he plays back home.
    Golf in VN would be great since no one has fukkkking money to play unless you are a corrupted, highly ranked government officer... so you could have the course for yourself. Golf in VN is catered for the super rich due to corruption and they will have girls for your own enjoyment afterward. Friend of mine went home last month, he rented a 15-person van for his family (when you rent a van in VN , price is included a private chauffeur... during couple trips, cops would stop them for no reason... when the driver asks for a reason, cops would say "we are working hard in the sun to make the road better for you"... so the driver bribe them $100000 VN money (equivalent of about $5 USD) and move on.... Stupid country with corruption all the way from top to bottom.... I guess you hear the anger in my voice

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post

It would be really cool if just on occasion, you could abandon your self-centred narcissism long enough to actually read the premise of the posts to which you reply.

The products in this thread are for SUN PROTECTION, and I guarantee you that your cool sea breezes do nothing to protect you from the sun. So unless you want to go on bragging about how terrific your little corner of the world is...

....BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS CLOUDY ALL THE TIME...

..why don't you just butt out of this thread, huh?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

I think I'd just wear a long-sleeved shirt...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Golf in VN would be great since no one has fukkkking money to play unless you are a corrupted, highly ranked government officer... so you could have the course for yourself. Golf in VN is catered for the super rich due to corruption and they will have girls for your own enjoyment afterward. Friend of mine went home last month, he rented a 15-person van for his family (when you rent a van in VN , price is included a private chauffeur... during couple trips, cops would stop them for no reason... when the driver asks for a reason, cops would say "we are working hard in the sun to make the road better for you"... so the driver bribe them $100000 VN money (equivalent of about $5 USD) and move on.... Stupid country with corruption all the way from top to bottom.... I guess you hear the anger in my voice
    Actually, when I read it you sounded more like Ellen Degeneres with a bit more of whiny tone.

If the sun is that sharp on the day I would just hug the edges of the fairway and walk along the trees...Beautiful nature keeping me cool...
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Asians certainly do wear some stupid looking sh!t.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    No, really, HB, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    No, really, HB, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Your grandchildren will work for my grandchildren. Good they will show up to work all dressed nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Guy View Post
    Your grandchildren will work for my grandchildren. Good they will show up to work all dressed nice.
    Leave my unborn grandchildren out of this. These types of escalating character assaults are not fodder for this forum. I was attacking an entire continent, yet you made it personal.
    I would much prefer it in the future that you attack Americans in general, and not my unborn grandchildren. Hell, my daughter isn't yet 4 years old and you've already got her having kids? I don't know what you're implying, but I could take it several different ways, with each one resulting in you owing me an apology.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Those are pretty sweet looking. I've noticed quite a few fisherman wearing the UV buffs, but I haven't seen them on the golf course yet. What do you think about these:

http://www.amazon.com/Ergodyne-6485-...=buff+headwear

There are lots of ways to wear them.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Leave my unborn grandchildren out of this. These types of escalating character assaults are not fodder for this forum. I was attacking an entire continent, yet you made it personal.
    I would much prefer it in the future that you attack Americans in general, and not my unborn grandchildren. Hell, my daughter isn't yet 4 years old and you've already got her having kids? I don't know what you're implying, but I could take it several different ways, with each one resulting in you owing me an apology.

Ha....good to know but we don't offer kids jobs if you don't offer whatever....so then no apology....ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Guy View Post
    Ha....good to know but we don't offer kids jobs if you don't offer whatever....so then no apology....ha ha.
    What?? You basically call my 4 year old a whore, then don't apologize?? What kind of fukked up Asian culture is this?? In civilized cultures, we apologize when we attack innocent individuals.

Seriously, what does your post even mean?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

What?? You basically call my 4 year old a whore, then don't apologize?? What kind of fukked up Asian culture is this?? In civilized cultures, we apologize when we attack innocent individuals.

Seriously, what does your post even mean?
    Couple thoughts
    (1) What makes you think that he's Asian?
    (2) It's sad to see that you attacked the Asian group first, then you are being attacked and you get fukkkììng mad... WFT is that kind of attitude?

Couple thoughts
    (2) It's sad to see that you attacked the Asian group first, then you are being attacked and you get fukkkììng mad... WFT is that kind of attitude?
    Some people blame other people for their own problems. When they become victim it means you have won. Not happy about his offering anal sex though.

Couple thoughts
    1) You just know these types of things. Chow Mein and linguini are both pasta, but one is clearly Asian.
    2) This guy broke the rules by making it about my 4 year old daughter. I was merely making true statements about an entire continent.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

1) You just know these types of things. Chow Mein and linguini are both pasta, but one is clearly Asian.
    2) This guy broke the rules by making it about my 4 year old daughter. I was merely making true statements about an entire continent.
    I never talk about your children just grandchildren.

Ha...If you continue insults, I will ask my grandchildren deduct one coffee break per day from your grandchildren schedules.

Thread Information