|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The ODDs/Analysis of The IG vs Master match

OK FWIW....

I am placing the odds at even for the following reasons and here is how I see the Match..

Master's advantages:

1) Age. He is younger and has more physical prowess. An individual of 16 vs someone in their 30's with wee ones running around the house. This will give Master an edge in this department.

2) Tourney Tested. Let's face it - both players have much tournament experience - but much of master's recent play has been mano a mano - whereas IG is playing in his regular foursomes events.

IG's advantages:

1) Home course. Familiarity with layout etc.

2) Links conditions. Nothing more need be said here - although wind is wind and rain is rain and I am certain that Master has played his share of golf in rainy, windy conditions. On the other hand, IG should get an advantage due to the fact that Master's playing experience is on the parklands....

So I set the odds at 1:1. Straight up.

Let The Match begin.....

(And IG - please let us know on Saturday night if the match is on or not. We are 5-8 hours behind you here in North America - depending on timezone. So we want to know as we go to bed on Saturday if The Match is on......

Anybody else have a Match Analysis for our GR viewers?????

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    OK FWIW....

I am placing the odds at even for the following reasons and here is how I see the Match..

Master's advantages:

1) Age. He is younger and has more physical prowess. An individual of 16 vs someone in their 30's with wee ones running around the house. This will give Master an edge in this department.

2) Tourney Tested. Let's face it - both players have much tournament experience - but much of master's recent play has been mano a mano - whereas IG is playing in his regular foursomes events.

IG's advantages:

1) Home course. Familiarity with layout etc.

2) Links conditions. Nothing more need be said here - although wind is wind and rain is rain and I am certain that Master has played his share of golf in rainy, windy conditions. On the other hand, IG should get an advantage due to the fact that Master's playing experience is on the parklands....

So I set the odds at 1:1. Straight up.

Let The Match begin.....

(And IG - please let us know on Saturday night if the match is on or not. We are 5-8 hours behind you here in North America - depending on timezone. So we want to know as we go to bed on Saturday if The Match is on......

Anybody else have a Match Analysis for our GR viewers?????
    Bravo

You'd never make any money as a Bookmaker. I'd call that "sitting on the fence" big style. How about some spreadbetting or at least setting odds for some of the following:

Odds of TM turning up?
    Odds of TM turning up on time?
    Odds of me beating TM by more than 3 holes?
    Odds of TM beating me by more than 3 holes?
    Odds of TM shooting less than +5 for 18 holes (although it is matchplay we will still keep medal scores)?
    Odds of TM hitting any drive past 250yards
    Odds of TM hotting more than 8 greens in regulation

etc. etc.
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

People should definetely put a bet on The master hitting more than 8 greens and hitting a drive 250+ I average between the 250-260 range and usually have a couple drives a round 270+.
    Feels just like it should.

Yes, if this match happens, the master will need all his "ass clenching" techniques as the turkey will be out of the barn on the 15th hole. IG will be saying "say hello to my little friend Tom". Gobble, gobble.

The other masta baters in attendance will pass out.

Bring your interpretation program IG.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgolfer
    Bravo

You'd never make any money as a Bookmaker. I'd call that "sitting on the fence" big style. How about some spreadbetting or at least setting odds for some of the following:

Odds of TM turning up?
    Odds of TM turning up on time?
    Odds of me beating TM by more than 3 holes?
    Odds of TM beating me by more than 3 holes?
    Odds of TM shooting less than +5 for 18 holes (although it is matchplay we will still keep medal scores)?
    Odds of TM hitting any drive past 250yards
    Odds of TM hotting more than 8 greens in regulation

etc. etc.
    OK fair enough...

3:1 odds that TM will turn up.
    2:1 he will be there on time. He is going to have the old man up at the break of dawn. Only a car accident will stop them if they leave on time.
    4:1 that he will beat you by more than 3 holes
    2:1 that you will beat him by more than 3 holes.
    2:1 that TM will shoot less than +5
    .5:1 that TM will hit any drive past 250
    2:1 that TM will hit 9 or more GIR

I won't put any money on this, but I'll be shocked if this match actually transpires. I'm still looking for a plausible alibi for cancelling or rescheduling the match, thus extending this gripping saga into 2005.

The match will be happening unless the weather is bad in that case it will be scheduled for next week it will not be backing out.

Just back from the range a while ago and I was flushing the driver it was 1 degree ive got frost bite on my fingers and toes I hit 200 balls trying to shorten my swing and I started to be able to repeat it hitting really good shots. Tomorrow im playing early in them morning then heading to the putting green after to work on the stroke then so far preperations have gone well and am looking forward to the big match.

son i a m packing you a lunhc for your'e match this sunday i left out the cabbage becaues it gives you teribble gas whoo boy open the windows ha ha but son do get some sleepe have a sip of beer for luck boy you can never be drunk unless you cant hold onto a blade of grasss with out folling of off the world make me and granpa proub

I predict Master to top his first tee shot to send it happily bouncing 180yards into a bunker only the women should be able to reached..

Although sad to say, I also see a fat approach shot by Irish on the same opening hole..

My crystal ball aslo says 3-1 odds Master will still be an idiot after the match, but the best odds of the day are at 5-3 that Master will be MisterBator's ***** during a BuFu session after the match to try to cheer up Master's broken spirits of losing the family's dinner.. Leaving him to eat Ramen Noodles and a Grilled Cheese Samich'.
    [COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Garamond][B]Eat-Drink-Golf
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/B] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

wow, the bater family is really boosting attendance here, where is IG's comradery?

BTL there is know chance of me topping my tee shot of the first Im to good to do that. And im not a idiot its just people like you who get bullied on this board can face im am the funniest person alive and the best golf to grace GR and once I win my match I wil go over to America and take that PAT test and show you how easy it is if I didn't shot 156 I would quit the game especially if you're play a easy course that you were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by The master
    BTL there is know chance of me topping my tee shot of the first Im to good to do that. And im not a idiot its just people like you who get bullied on this board can face im am the funniest person alive and the best golf to grace GR and once I win my match I wil go over to America and take that PAT test and show you how easy it is if I didn't shot 156 I would quit the game especially if you're play a easy course that you were playing.
    oh son no no no ave ye been oan the potcheen again ah telt ye no too drink it anymore yir a verry bad kiddie stop it i thougt yuo had sorted out yir english grammer but no no no yir as bad as ever oh yuo poor kid i do despair but i still love you son

SO? What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade61
    SO? What happened?
    Is this match for real?

Thread Information