|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Lary, is this you?!

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...iled.wkmg.html

It looks like you shoot about as good as you putt.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/...iled.wkmg.html

It looks like you shoot about as good as you putt.
    Good one! I only wish that were me. It is too expensive to get and keep a concealed carry permit here in California.

I loved the story a few months ago about the moron who went into a restaurant to hold it up-- When he pointed his gun and looked around he was facing 20+ bigger guns from the off-duty cops who were having a meeting of some sort.

I do occasionally take my pistols up to Camp Pendleton and practice on their outdoor range. We play the military course and then use the range. Much nicer than indoor ranges. Still pretty noisy when my buddy shoots his .460 magnum, however. The Marines love that thing! They always walk over after hearing that roar.

Larry

Nothing like a loaded 12 gauge behind the cashier stand to do the job. Most handgun fights occur within a range of 20 feet or so and it takes a lot of CQC training to be able to hit anywhere near center mass during that kind of action.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Holy crap I love the way the old geezer just opens fire in a busy shop with customers just a few feet away from his line of fire. Did he hit either of those guys? It looked like a pool of blood on the pavement where they fell over scrambling out the door.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

We had a recent incident in which some scumbags tried to hijack a car-- and it turned out that the driver was an off-duty cop, with his weapon. He didn't do what he had the right to after the crook had pointed a gun at him, which is to blow him away.

And that happened a few years ago when the hijacked driver was an FBI agent. He calmly stepped out of the car, let the guy sit down behind the wheel, then put two in the moron's ear.

You would think the word would get out that not every meek-looking guy in a suit is a meek guy in a suit.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Holy crap I love the way the old geezer just opens fire in a busy shop with customers just a few feet away from his line of fire.
    And therein lies the issue. Dude could have just as easily shot and killed one of the patrons; he's lucky that he didn't. Instead, he'll go down as a hero even though he made a stupid decision to open fire. Now that I think about it, it was Liary.

BTW, you can tell those guys were white. They ran away like a couple of b'tches. Real thugs would have put grandpa to sleep, then got the money they were looking for.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    And therein lies the issue. Dude could have just as easily shot and killed one of the patrons; he's lucky that he didn't. Instead, he'll go down as a hero even though he made a stupid decision to open fire. Now that I think about it, it was Liary.

BTW, you can tell those guys were white. They ran away like a couple of b'tches. Real thugs would have put grandpa to sleep, then got the money they were looking for.
    I was watching the Wednesday Western on Tv last night and there was a shoot up in the saloon. Clearly in America some things never change.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    I was watching the Wednesday Western on Tv last night and there was a shoot up in the saloon. Clearly in America some things never change.
    Things in Yank-Land have changed drastically. Nowadays, the shoot-em-ups occur mostly in urban and suburban ghettos with the black people being both shooters and victims. And most of those Negroes are better armed than many state National Guard units and make much more money by dealing drugs and stealing things. Now the Powers That Be tolerate this so long as it doesn't spill over too frequently into the good neighborhoods. In many US cities you will see on the Six O'Clock Eyewitless News police chiefs and department spokespersons spout statistics about violent crime reduction et cet. yada yada yade but that shite is just window dressing. If it were to get too peaceful, the News Media would go batsh*t because "If it bleeds, it leads."
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

He dropped to one knee and used both hands. That is either police or military training. He was cool and he knew the field was clear behind his target. I suspect he hit what he aimed at. Those guys were lucky if they got out alive.

Larry

Looked to me like he knew what he was doing. Who knows what would have happened to some of those people if those guys weren't stopped by a hero. He risked his life.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Looked to me like he knew what he was doing. Who knows what would have happened to some of those people if those guys weren't stopped by a hero. He risked his life.
    He risked everyone's life. If he knew what he was doing, at least one of those kids would be dead right now. Out of the several rounds he got off, none of them were enough to keep them from escaping the scene. Like I said before, he's lucky those two were a couple of p-ssies who care about living. Real thugs from the street would have gone down with a fight, and they'd just as soon die than have some geezer f-ck up their money grab.

I'd be interested to know if police officers are trained to shoot in a situation like that. It seemed like there was a ton of commotion and traffic around the old man's target.
    I keeps it real.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    He dropped to one knee and used both hands. That is either police or military training. He was cool and he knew the field was clear behind his target. I suspect he hit what he aimed at. Those guys were lucky if they got out alive.
    Larry, Larry, Larry...

...why must you lie?

1. He did not at any time "drop to one knee". He fired his first shot from a bit of a crouch, but his knees were never on the ground.
    2. He did not use both hands in the manner taught by any law enforcement or military. They would have taught him to use a Weaver or modified Weaver grip that has one hand on top of the other on the grip of the weapon. His off hand was not on his hand but on his wrist.
    3. Only his first two shots were fired even holding on to his wrist with his off hand. The third was fired unsupported. Both his second and third shots were fired while moving. Not only that, his third shot was fired out the door and into the street.
    4. And most damning of all, his first shot, taken from said semi-crouch, not moving, supporting his gun arm with his off hand... ...AGAINST A NON-MOVING TARGET NOT 15 FEET FROM HIM!... ...was a complete miss.

Far from being lucky to get out alive, the bystanders were very lucky not to have been injured because collectively they were in far more danger than the perps.

(P.S. I shouldn't really assume you're lying: the far more likely scenario is that you're just to unobservant and stupid to have seen what actually happened. )
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

well, the guy had a .380, placement has to be very precise to take someone down with that caliber, also his first few shot's are quite irresponsible as there were civilians very close to his target, if they were real bad guys, the one would have grabbed the chick used her as a shield while dropping that old man like a bad habit, which leads me to believe the robbers are just moron wannabe's.

This does remind me of an incident that happened at a poker game in PA a few years ago, every Monday night there was a juicy game at this house, lots of money, tons of weed, great game, easy money once everyone got drunk and high... one night were playing and we see 2 shadows through the spotlights outside, one of them is holding something long, which turned out to be a bat, we all look at eachother and AT THE SAME TIME 7/10 players at the table reach down and pull out our guns... the door opens, these 2 idiots are staring at a room full of guns pointed right at them... the first guy in the door had a mask on, he just backed out the door and then we saw two shadows running like hell...

This is how we roll in PA, you better think twice about stealing those lawn gnomes son...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hubijerk View Post
    well, the guy had a .380, placement has to be very precise to take someone down with that caliber, also his first few shot's are quite irresponsible as there were civilians very close to his target, if they were real bad guys, the one would have grabbed the chick used her as a shield while dropping that old man like a bad habit, which leads me to believe the robbers are just moron wannabe's.

This does remind me of an incident that happened at a poker game in PA a few years ago, every Monday night there was a juicy game at this house, lots of money, tons of weed, great game, easy money once everyone got drunk and high... one night were playing and we see 2 shadows through the spotlights outside, one of them is holding something long, which turned out to be a bat, we all look at eachother and AT THE SAME TIME 7/10 players at the table reach down and pull out our guns... the door opens, these 2 idiots are staring at a room full of guns pointed right at them... the first guy in the door had a mask on, he just backed out the door and then we saw two shadows running like hell...
    Without video it's hard to tell how serious these two were.

If the video was something like

gangster 1 : "Hold on everybody, this is a robbery."
    gangster 2 in a crazy yell: "Ante up b!tch! Move and I'll execute every mother phucken last one of you!"

I don't think the guy is anybody but a normal joe. He obviously didn't use composure to get an upper hand on the situation. He just jerked his piece and started spraying bullets with very little regard for anybody else in the room. I'm sure he was firing toward the street as well.

The funniest part of the whole episode is the old lady just milling around.

I agree and I am glad he was there with his gun. I hope there are several like that in every crowd. I remember an incident a few years ago when an idiot walked into a McDonald's down near the border-- and killed 20 innocent people because nobody was armed! One shooter in the crowd would have stopped him. Same thing in the crowd of soldiers killed by Major Hassan down in Texas. If one of them had his weapon, that would not have happened.

And it wouldn't have happened if the whole upper echelon of the US Army had not been playing "political correct" in fear of our Muslim President. Senior Army command knew Hassan was exchanging emails with a known terrorist,knew he had radical views and hated all Infidels-- and did nothing about it. In fact they promoted him so they could tranfer the problem to a different base. A dozen of them should be kicked out of the Army.

Larry

He knew enough to hit them.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surv...ld-be-robbers/

Thread Information