|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: WILL YOU BUY NEW CLUBS THIS YEAR??

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - A New Driver or two!!

3 33.33%
  • Yes - A New Set of Irons!

1 11.11%
  • Yes - Fairway Metal(s)

0 0%
  • Yes - A New Putter(s)

1 11.11%
  • Yes - New Wedge(s)

0 0%
  • NO WAY - I'M THROUGH - I'll TAKE FRED3's ADVICE ON FOCUS ON MY SWING!! BESIDES MY WIFE WILL KILL ME!!!

2 22.22%
  • No - But I could change my mind at any time since my will power is so weak - especially when I walk into a pro shop!

2 22.22%

Buying New Clubs This Year?

How many people here are planning to buy new clubs this year?? One of my new year's resolution was to be content with what I have this year in an attempt to save a few hundred bucks. But how long will I last?

I have my sights on...

...Mizuno's MP-001 driver and fairway woods. Most likely going to buy a 9 degree with an Aldila NV shaft and 15 degree with Dynamic Gold.

Also looking (always) for a mint/near mint Titleist 983 with a Fujikura 757 shaft installed. I cannot get over how awesome this combinationwas when I first tried it. But I refuse to pay well over $500 for one driver...so I gotta go with used for this baby.

Lastly, I absolutely lust after the new Hogan FXT irons. Absolutely beautiful. But, when I first bought my Apex Plus irons back in 2001, I did so thinking they would take me to the promised land of 80 or lower. Hasn't happened yet...but they've gotten me close. So will most likely stick with 'em 'till that number falls. Please, God, let it be this year!!

Hit 'em well...

Arvin C
    "You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen." - Lee Trevino
    "I'm in the woods so much, I can tell you which plants are edible." - Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by ArvinC
    ...Mizuno's MP-001 driver and fairway woods. Most likely going to buy a 9 degree with an Aldila NV shaft and 15 degree with Dynamic Gold.

Also looking (always) for a mint/near mint Titleist 983 with a Fujikura 757 shaft installed. I cannot get over how awesome this combinationwas when I first tried it. But I refuse to pay well over $500 for one driver...so I gotta go with used for this baby.

Lastly, I absolutely lust after the new Hogan FXT irons. Absolutely beautiful. But, when I first bought my Apex Plus irons back in 2001, I did so thinking they would take me to the promised land of 80 or lower. Hasn't happened yet...but they've gotten me close. So will most likely stick with 'em 'till that number falls. Please, God, let it be this year!!

Hit 'em well...

Arvin C
    Arvin,

Agree with you whole heartedly on the Titleist 983 with the Fujikura 757. I made the mistake of buying it well over $500 - but I took the time to look up 2 deals (under $500) on the internet for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47339

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=47339

Hope one of them works out for you - if not there will always be deals out there!

All the best!

Coldplay

BTW, didn't know whether you wanted an E or K - they're both E models.

Talking Aaaahhhhh....Nice!

I maybe putting in a bid after contacting the seller! I do prefer the 983K, since that was the model that had the 757 in it, but I have hit the 983E with the "Titleist Fujikura" shaft in it and found that to be enjoyable as well. My only concern is that since I prefer to fade my driver, I don't want it to become to much of a push if I do decide to go with the E model.

Thanks for the listings Coldplay! Maybe I'll join you on the "Black" this spring...my father and bro-in-law played there fall of 2002 (drove up from Baltimore and did the whole camp-out deal) and said that it was the finest course they had ever played. I am anxious to go.

Hit 'em well...

Arvin C
    "You can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen." - Lee Trevino
    "I'm in the woods so much, I can tell you which plants are edible." - Lee Trevino

Thread Information