|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Good cart bag

Good cart bag

I'm looking for a new cart bag with slots to reduce club chatter. Preferably something with enough room for a ball retriever and an extra club or two when I feel like it. Any recommendations?

Any opinions on this bad boy?

Cally
    I keeps it real.

It's all personal preference and one mans meat is another mans poison. Recommendations from other golfers are meaningless as they are different to you and what suits them may not suit you.

So I recommend you approach this purchase the same way as you do when buying a set of irons or wedges. Buy six bags and do some side by side testing to determine which one suits YOU best.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    It's all personal preference and one mans meat is another mans poison. Recommendations from other golfers are meaningless as they are different to you and what suits them may not suit you.

So I recommend you approach this purchase the same way as you do when buying a set of irons or wedges. Buy six bags and do some side by side testing to determine which one suits YOU best.
    LOL. Done. The price on that Cally bag is pretty friggin good. I may pull the trigger.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    LOL. Done. The price on that Cally bag is pretty friggin good. I may pull the trigger.
    One of my golfing buddies has a bag boy with slots with a little pinch slot that holds the club in place. I never hear bag chatter. Too much work if you ask me. Just throw you club in the bag and move on. It just kills me when the group in front has a guy that hits his ball and then spends an unbearable amount of time putting his club back in. The very worst, though, is when the guy teeing off stops what he's doing to talk to the other players. Dude, hit the ball. You can talk later.

I do cart bags, buddha.

The nicest in my book is the Burton Signature.

The one that you want, however, is the Bag Boy XLT-15. The club slots have clips to further reduce chatter and they work. (How you feel about fast play freaks is up to you. I basically let them pound sand.)

Also, there are 15 slots plus an external putter well so 16 clubs are accomodated. Eighteen would be better, but sixteen is as good as we can get right now.

There is also an umbrella sleeve and all the other desired features. Don't waste a club slot on a ball retriever. Buy one that collapses small enough to put in your rain gear pocket if you're actually willing to give swimming prone balls another chance. I personally leave them behind, not to be trusted again.

The Sun Mountain C130, Ogio Kingpin II, Bennington Players cart bag, and the Callaway Org 14 X are all good as well.

But the Burton Signature is the classiest among major brands, although it holds only fourteen clubs. It's a divided top version of the classic Burton Premier which has the traditional 6-way top.

We have a choice , individual slots or not... I have Cally bag and nike bag, both good... light wt bag with multiple pockets is also a plus

Check this site out for AWESUME looking bags.Havent used one yet...

http://www.sunmountain.com/index.php
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I do cart bags, buddha.

The nicest in my book is the Burton Signature.

The one that you want, however, is the Bag Boy XLT-15. The club slots have clips to further reduce chatter and they work. (How you feel about fast play freaks is up to you. I basically let them pound sand.)

Also, there are 15 slots plus an external putter well so 16 clubs are accomodated. Eighteen would be better, but sixteen is as good as we can get right now.

There is also an umbrella sleeve and all the other desired features. Don't waste a club slot on a ball retriever. Buy one that collapses small enough to put in your rain gear pocket if you're actually willing to give swimming prone balls another chance. I personally leave them behind, not to be trusted again.

The Sun Mountain C130, Ogio Kingpin II, Bennington Players cart bag, and the Callaway Org 14 X are all good as well.

But the Burton Signature is the classiest among major brands, although it holds only fourteen clubs. It's a divided top version of the classic Burton Premier which has the traditional 6-way top.
    Good recommendations. Are those clips easy to use? Like FD pointed out, I don't want to be fiddling with getting my clubs in the clip after every shot. I'm imagining throwing the club in the sleeve, quick snap into the slot, and I'm off.
    I keeps it real.

Just look at the bag on Bag Boy's website, buddha.

It doesn't look like much of an effort to drop the club into the hole and then clip it. A half-second longer than just dropping it into the the slot, maybe? Just a little push into the rubber clip.

Then it's just a matter of surfing for the best price for that model.

http://www.bagboycompany.com/

Just look at the bag on Bag Boy's website, buddha.

It doesn't look like much of an effort to drop the club into the hole and then clip it. A half-second longer than just dropping it into the the slot, maybe? Just a little push into the rubber clip.

Then it's just a matter of surfing for the best price for that model.

http://www.bagboycompany.com/
    That's what I'd hope. However, the seemingly easy latch mechanism on my youngest's car seat takes the average human about half an afternoon.

I'm no engineering genius, but it seems like a small slit cut in the lid of each divider so that the irons could rest in would eliminate the majority of chatter without the need for shaft clips.
    I keeps it real.

I'm no engineering genius, but it seems like a small slit cut in lid of each divider so that the irons could rest in would eliminate the majority of chatter without the need for shaft clips.
    What you suggest would immobilize the shafts to an extent but not the clubheads. They would still spin around and bang into each other. Remember, the clubs are all different lengths. They can only be held by the shafts, not the heads. Otherwise, every bag would have to be custom made for the specific clubs it was carrying.

There are wood clubhead covers now that do that to an extent, however. You don't remove them. You open them up and pull out the wood, leaving the clubhead cover in place.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 08-01-2012 at 10:32 AM.

What you suggest would immobilize the shafts to an extent but not the clubheads. They would still spin around and bang into each other. Remember, the clubs are all different lengths. They can only be held by the shafts, not the heads. Otherwise, every bag would have to be custom made for the specific clubs it was carrying.

There are wood clubhead covers now that do that to an extent, however. You don't remove them. You open them up and pull out the wood, leaving the clubhead cover in place.
    Hmm. I was thinking of a v-shaped wedge with some sort of cloth or rubber surface that would grip the back and face of the club. There would be enough pressure on the club head to prevent it from bouncing around or shifting.
    I keeps it real.

Hmm. I was thinking of a v-shaped wedge with some sort of cloth or rubber surface that would grip the back and face of the club. There would be enough pressure on the club head to prevent it from bouncing around or shifting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJC7Rha7qY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNXgS...eature=related

This is what I was thinking, except each 'wedge' would have it's own separate divider and shaft compartment.
    I keeps it real.

There was a time on GR, and you should know Budda given your pedigree, that the mere admission by a member of even thinking about carrying a ball retriever would bring on a torrent of flaming. The strident response would leave the poor hacker feeling a total outcast with no hope of redemption.
    Now there is not even the smallest hint of a response. My, how times have changed.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    There was a time on GR, and you should know Budda given your pedigree, that the mere admission by a member of even thinking about carrying a ball retriever would bring on a torrent of flaming. The strident response would leave the poor hacker feeling a total outcast with no hope of redemption.
    Now there is not even the smallest hint of a response. My, how times have changed.
    Op this is a travesty! I had to go back and reread the opening post. I hadn't even noticed the comment about the ball retriever. In my defence threads about golf bags tend to bore me and I don't pay much attention to them. But that is no excuse!!! In addition all this talk about a bag that will stop bag chatter is disturbing. Buddha might as well be asking what are the best iron covers. A topic equally reprehensible to GR.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and raising the alarm OP.

The wrath of GR will be unleashed on Buddha when America awakes from it's slumber.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

All of this sounds wonderful, however there is an old school method that has never been improved upon that works with all bags and clubs. Just wrap a freaking hand towel around the shafts.
    This gadgetry fascination is truly indicative of the times we live in, and frankly, I'm disgusted by the gullability of today's consumers. Simple manual solutions to simple problems have been replaced by complex mechanical solutions. What we are now seeing is manufactures manufacturing solutions to problems which don't exist.
    I prefer to be above the noise, able to see the forest through the trees.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Next you're going to tell me it's not permissible to talk about which brand of adult diapers you guys use. Surely you could all benefit from the experiences of your community.
    I keeps it real.

Next you're going to tell me it's not permissible to talk about which brand of adult diapers you guys use. Surely you could all benefit from the experiences of your community.
    Don't be silly. I wouldn't dream of wearing diapers.....
    I prefer to piss my pants like a man!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Thread Information