|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Are you ready for some football!?!?!?!

Giants v Cowboys tonight. I'm a fantasy football geek, so even games that don't include my team are relevant. Anyway, who's everyone's favorite team and your favorite player from that franchise?
    I keeps it real.

Hold up. Is Wednesday night football a new thing or is it just this week? I'm being serious. I've never heard of Wed night football.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

No favorite player. I like them all until one gives me a reason not to like him.

Tonight, its Go Giants for me.

I live in Ravens territory so naturally I have to root for the Steelers and Jets although I acknowledge that the Patriots are the best organization in the NFL just like the Yankees are the class of the field in MLB.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Let's see, looking at the Power Rankings, it looks like my favorite teams this year will be the Packers, Patriots, Giants and Niners, in that order.

Of course, injuries and the emergence or decline of teams could change that.

If anyone would like to pay me to root for their team, please let me know.

Gotta be the reincarnated Lorenzo. Post is about verbatim of his this time last year.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Gotta be the reincarnated Lorenzo. Post is about verbatim of his this time last year.
    He was a great man but he's no more. My team loyalty makes it look as though the post is the same as last year. He was a great man but he's no more. It's flattering that you might feel that way. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    He was a great man but he's no more. My team loyalty makes it look as though the post is the same as last year. He was a great man but he's no more. It's flattering that you might feel that way. Thanks.
    I could have put in something about the New York teams being the tops in talent, class and management but that would have just been a cheap attempt to elicit a statement of hatred of all things New York from Zo. I'm above all that kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Hold up. Is Wednesday night football a new thing or is it just this week? I'm being serious. I've never heard of Wed night football.
    When you have the NFL Network on your cable lineup, every day is Football day. A guy I used to work with had a serious stroke when he was in his early 40's. He was a heavy drinker and I think that contributed. After he got out of the hospital, he couldnt remember anything for more than 24 hours. His wife brought him into the office a couple of months later and he looked pretty good. Lost weight, quit drinking. But still couldn't remember anything from the previous day. He had a great attitude though and said that he had a book he really liked and that he read it everyday. His hobby was tying flies and his wife said that he remembered how to tie one fly and I'm sure he tied hundreds of them. Fly fishermen pay good money for flies. I liked live bait, myself, and a spinning reel. If I ever stroke out like him, I will watch an NFL football game rerun everyday and it will be like a live new game for me. I hope my mother-in-law if she is still alive doesn't take advantage of the situation and call me to bet on the games. Damn.

Despite growing up in Pennsylvania and then Maryland, I've been a Minnesota fan most of my life. It's been a long, unrewarding relationship that I wish I could break off, but I can't.
    I keeps it real.

I hear buddha. Being from minny there hasn't been much to cheer about laterly.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I could have put in something about the New York teams being the tops in talent, class and management but that would have just been a cheap attempt to elicit a statement of hatred of all things New York from Zo. I'm above all that kind of crap.
    No, it would have been good because then you'd have seen I love NY and it might have cleared up this confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Despite growing up in Pennsylvania and then Maryland, I've been a Minnesota fan most of my life. It's been a long, unrewarding relationship that I wish I could break off, but I can't.
    When I was young I liked the Vikings for awhile despite living in Eagleland. My father had friends who played for the Eagles back when only the QB wore a bar across his face. They all played golf and some of them belonged to the club we belonged to. Most of them couldn't walk right because NFL football f*cked up their knees permanently. But they were all nice guys and fun to drink and play golf with. There was a guy who played for the Vikings named Nitshke or something like that. A fearsome linebacker maybe. He was one of my favorite players. When they went to play inside, it was all she wrote.

That would be Ray Nitscke and he played for the packers. Always figured if Camp Freddy liked football he'd be a packer fan.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Typically the first game of the season is on Thursday night, but Liary's favorite person is giving a speech at his convention tomorrow so this year's game is tonight. Another new thing is there will be Thursday night games every week of the season starting next week. Call your local cable provider and ask for the NFL Network.
    I keeps it real.

Typically the first game of the season is on Thursday night, but Liary's favorite person is giving a speech at his convention tomorrow so this year's game is tonight. Another new thing is there will be Thursday night games every week of the season starting next week. Call your local cable provider and ask for the NFL Network.
    Since I only watch a handful of games all year that really wouldn't make sense.

I only watch Patriots games, but I usually watch all of them.

I guess that I'm a Patriots fan, not an all-out football fan.

Despite having a favorable schedule, the Pats have huge holes in the offensive line.

They've been salary dumping veterans they could use, possibly with an eye toward making cap room for expensive offensive linemen, but I don't see any available.

Their secondary is also very suspect.

Although Las Vegas likes the Pats' chances, I'm not so sure.

Brady is 35, and he'll need time to throw. If he has to keep Gronk in to block, it's going to be a long year,

and my personal football season may be over before the end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

Despite having a favorable schedule, the Pats have huge holes in the offensive line.

They've been salary dumping veterans they could use, possibly with an eye toward making cap room for expensive offensive linemen, but I don't see any available.

Brady is 35, and he'll need time to throw. If he has to keep Gronk in to block, it's going to be a long year,

Yes, it must really suck being a fan of the Patriots. It's nothing but rainbows and lollipops being a Bengals fan.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Yes, it must really suck being a fan of the Patriots. It's nothing but rainbows and lollipops being a Bengals fan.
    Corey Dillon was a nicely appreciated gift for a while.
    Thanks.

Chad Johnson? Not so much.

Corey Dillon was a nicely appreciated gift for a while.
    Thanks.

Chad Johnson? Not so much.
    It appears that the Hoodie has gone to the well once too often when it comes to trading for aging/disgruntled veterans.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Pessimistic view but based on it I'm removing the Patriots from my list of favorite teams, at least for now....

Pessimistic view but based on it I'm removing the Patriots from my list of favorite teams, at least for now....
    Weren't you on the Patriots' bandwagon at the beginning of last year? And then switched horses to the Packers? If I were an AFC fan, I would be grabbing ahold of the Steelers because they are under everyone's radar with the Texans being the favorites. I don't think so.

Weren't you on the Patriots' bandwagon at the beginning of last year? And then switched horses to the Packers? If I were an AFC fan, I would be grabbing ahold of the Steelers because they are under everyone's radar with the Texans being the favorites. I don't think so.
    I was a Patriots fan last year and initially included them on my list this year. That's two years in a row so I'm hardly a bandwaggoner.

I'll keep a close eye on the Steelers. Jeez, I hope not, I'd feel kind of grimy rooting for a team that supports rape.

I was a Patriots fan last year and initially included them on my list this year. That's two years in a row so I'm hardly a bandwaggoner.

I'll keep a close eye on the Steelers. Jeez, I hope not, I'd feel kind of grimy rooting for a team that supports rape.
    The team did not support rape. It did, however, forgive their star who promised never to do it again. The alleged victim also turned the other cheek. Actually, both cheeks, and suggested that between them was OK so long as they asked permission first instead of forgiveness afterwards.

The team did not support rape. It did, however, forgive their star who promised never to do it again. The alleged victim also turned the other cheek. Actually, both cheeks, and suggested that between them was OK so long as they asked permission first instead of forgiveness afterwards.
    Is this the legitimate rape I keep hearing about?
    I keeps it real.

If you guys haven't been a fan of one team for 40 years you're on the bandwagon.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Is this the legitimate rape I keep hearing about?
    That one was just a Fluke.

Thread Information