|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Watch Romney's Acceptance speech tonight

7 PM EST. I watch it on Fox News, but all the networks should carry it.

This is important. It will be an historic event because this speech could be the deciding event for enough voters to push Romney over the top. Since he has been mostly a businessman, many people simply don't know much about Romney.

Many smart pundits think he will emerge from this convention with a 5-10 point lead and hold that to the election. That would be a landslide, and his coattails would bring in a huge majority in both House and Senate, a "sweep."

CNBC and Fox Business are already discussing the effect on stock market prices in the event of a "Romney Sweep." So smart folks see this looming event.

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    7 PM EST. I watch it on Fox News, but all the networks should carry it.

This is important. It will be an historic event because this speech could be the deciding event for enough voters to push Romney over the top. Since he has been mostly a businessman, many people simply don't know much about Romney.

Many smart pundits think he will emerge from this convention with a 5-10 point lead and hold that to the election. That would be a landslide, and his coattails would bring in a huge majority in both House and Senate, a "sweep."

CNBC and Fox Business are already discussing the effect on stock market prices in the event of a "Romney Sweep." So smart folks see this looming event.
    Did they already tire of you at your new "for pay" forum, Larry?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Not necessary, Larry.

I already hated him before he wasted four years as our governor.

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

I didn't watch it, but I imagine it was fantastic. What was your favorite part? The part where he told you that America is great? Or what about the part where he told you that businesses need to flourish. Was it the part where he said he cares about you and your family? Keep in mind I didn't watch it.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    I didn't watch it, but I imagine it was fantastic. What was your favorite part? The part where he told you that America is great? Or what about the part where he told you that businesses need to flourish. Was it the part where he said he cares about you and your family? Keep in mind I didn't watch it.
    I tried not to watch it but my wife came home from work just before it went prime time so I had to switch the channel back. Glad I did or I would have missed the most brilliant performance by a political convention speaker I've seen in the 52 years I've been watching them. Clint Eastwood's dialogue with an empty chair was an uproarious laugh-fest and the best performance by an actor at a convention since Christopher Reeve at the Dem's 2000 event. It was a classic routine in which a smiling Dirty Harry caused death by a thousand cuts.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I tried not to watch it but my wife came home from work just before it went prime time so I had to switch the channel back. Glad I did or I would have missed the most brilliant performance by a political convention speaker I've seen in the 52 years I've been watching them. Clint Eastwood's dialogue with an empty chair was an uproarious laugh-fest and the best performance by an actor at a convention since Christopher Reeve at the Dem's 2000 event. It was a classic routine in which a smiling Dirty Harry caused death by a thousand cuts.
    I must admit Clint Eastwood is the perfect model for the GOP: white, male, old, and senile.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    I must admit Clint Eastwood is the perfect model for the GOP: white, male, old, and senile.
    You forgot "wealthy", "accomplished" and "admired".
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Clint is wealthy, accomplished, and admired...

as well as white, male, old, and senile.

You're both right.

I loved Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, and Gran Torino, not to mention Play Misty for Me, which was completely ripped off for Fatal Attraction, and the Man-With-No-Name trilogy with Sergio Leone.

Love the guy's film work.

Hate the fact that he's endorsing Romney.

Sometimes, things go that way. I know pachys who love Jane Fonda's film work.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

You're both right.

I loved Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, and Gran Torino, not to mention Play Misty for Me, which was completely ripped off for Fatal Attraction, and the Man-With-No-Name trilogy with Sergio Leone.

Mystic River sucked... how can you mess up a movie with Sean Penn? Further proof the Dems and Reps can't work together.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Since those apply to Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and the late Steve Jobs... I don't think you can claim a GoP trademark on any of your additions.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

You're both right.

"Barbarella" was stunning. All she had to do was stay away from Hanoi.

Clint Eastwood's dialogue with an empty chair was an uproarious laugh-fest and the best performance by an actor at a convention since Christopher Reeve at the Dem's 2000 event. It was a classic routine in which a smiling Dirty Harry caused death by a thousand cuts.
    I heard it was slow, drawn out, and you weren't sure if Clint would make it the distance.......so very much like his movies.
    I keeps it real.

I heard it was slow, drawn out, and you weren't sure if Clint would make it the distance.......so very much like his movies.
    From what I saw on youtube, it looked like Mr. Eastwood went Gran Torino, except the bullets were from his own gun.

That chair deserves an apology.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

If you didn't see it live, there is no way to appreciate the performance. It was not a speech. It was a one-man one-act dramatic performance executed to perfection. It was pure theatric genius of the type one would only experience in New York and probably off Broadway. It went over many heads including most of the attendees in the hall. It was not so much political as it was personal.

You're both right.

I loved Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, and Gran Torino, not to mention Play Misty for Me,which was completely ripped off for Fatal Attraction, and the Man-With-No-Name trilogy with Sergio Leone.

I loved the closing scene in Play Misty for Me where he pummels the psychotic women with a right cross Larry Holmes would have been proud of sending her through the balcony rail and over the cliff onto the rocks below.

No coming back from that unlike the b*tch in Fatal Attraction bursting from the bath after you think he's drowned her. Then again you expect Clint Eastwood to nail a psycho woman like that whereas you can't expect half as much from a wimp like Michael Douglas.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Mitt's speech was empty. Reason.com hit it on the head: http://reason.com/blog/2012/08/30/mi...anti-visionary
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

If you didn't see it live, there is no way to appreciate the performance. It was not a speech. It was a one-man one-act dramatic performance executed to perfection. It was pure theatric genius of the type one would only experience in New York and probably off Broadway. It went over many heads including most of the attendees in the hall. It was not so much political as it was personal.
    Based on this I'll actually check it out. I was going off my brother-in-laws review, and since he's got his head up Obama's ass I can only assume it was a tad biased.
    I keeps it real.

I just watched it and agree that it was good. You can tell it was personal and not some generic pom-pom speech. That said, Clint (and most people) should be smart enough to know Romney isn't the answer. Sure, he wears a red shirt, but at some point people need to look beyond the uniform and judge someone's agenda by their past actions.
    I keeps it real.

I just watched it and agree that it was good. You can tell it was personal and not some generic pom-pom speech. That said, Clint (and most people) should be smart enough to know Romney isn't the answer. Sure, he wears a red shirt, but at some point people need to look beyond the uniform and judge someone's agenda by their past actions.
    The best thing about Eastwood's act was that his hosts had no idea what he was going to do and I think it blew most of their minds. I'm sure many Blue Nosers' cocktails were spilled in front of TV's and coughed snot was spewed into softdrinks. Bravo Clint!

The best thing about Eastwood's act was that his hosts had no idea what he was going to do and I think it blew most of their minds. I'm sure many Blue Nosers' cocktails were spilled in front of TV's and coughed snot was spewed into softdrinks. Bravo Clint!
    I'm loving it because he's created an excellent new meme. I'm playing golf with Obama tomorrow, so I'll be sure to ask him what he thought.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

The press seems comfortable dismissing CE's routine as senile, show stealing and ill-advised. I'm not so sure. Romney is anything but warm and engaging while Obama is Mr. Charisma. Romney needed to leverage someone else's mojo and who better than Clint?

Short of further economic disaster, Obama's going to win unless the Repubs can come up with some effective sideshows. CE was a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    The press seems comfortable dismissing CE's routine as senile, show stealing and ill-advised. I'm not so sure. Romney is anything but warm and engaging while Obama is Mr. Charisma. Romney needed to leverage someone else's mojo and who better than Clint?

Short of further economic disaster, Obama's going to win unless the Repubs can come up with some effective sideshows. CE was a good start.
    Well said. Even though this race is all but over due to the electoral college (which Liary likes to hide his head in the sand about), the national polling will widen even further in Obama's favor once Robo-ney tries to combat Obama at the debates. The Republicans will be wishing the Romney/Ryan ticket was Ryan/Romney. I gather some already are.

Of course, this is all inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. You've got one guy who's already proven over the last four years that we're worthy of lies while the new guy and his kid dynamo are feeding us more of the same crapola. We can't blame them though. We're the dumb sheep that just keep getting led to the slaughter no matter how many times the same trick is pulled on us. Man, ain't this country great!!!
    I keeps it real.

Well said. Even though this race is all but over due to the electoral college (which Liary likes to hide his head in the sand about), the national polling will widen even further in Obama's favor once Robo-ney tries to combat Obama at the debates. The Republicans will be wishing the Romney/Ryan ticket was Ryan/Romney. I gather some already are.

Of course, this is all inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. You've got one guy who's already proven over the last four years that we're worthy of lies while the new guy and his kid dynamo are feeding us more of the same crapola. We can't blame them though. We're the dumb sheep that just keep getting led to the slaughter no matter how many times the same trick is pulled on us. Man, ain't this country great!!!
    Yes, and unfortunately voter steam over it is so far concentrated in things like the Tea Party as opposed to productive alternatives.

I think it was finally figured out what makes the American voter tick when "reality" shows aired. Politico spinners and handlers probably watch American Idol, Dancing With The Stars and The Bachelor for pointers.

Voting is more about who gets voted off the show than who wins.

Successful! And he reminded everyone that a significant part of Hollywood is also conservative. The successful ones can admit it and still get work from the liberal Jews who produce or provide the seed money for projects.

I loved Pawlenty granting that Obama "should" be sorta nervous in his "first job." ha

Larry

Sounds like you may be the other person who watches MSNBC. The stock market is starting to expect Romney to win-- indicated by their discussion of the stock prices in a "Romney Sweep."

At this stage in 1980, Carter was 10 points ahead of Reagan in every poll, just toast according to the media. Reagan won nearly every state! And Carter is infinitely smarter and more competent than Obama!

Larry

Sounds like you may be the other person who watches MSNBC. The stock market is starting to expect Romney to win-- indicated by their discussion of the stock prices in a "Romney Sweep."

At this stage in 1980, Carter was 10 points ahead of Reagan in every poll, just toast according to the media. Reagan won nearly every state! And Carter is infinitely smarter and more competent than Obama!

Larry
    I remember the Carter presidency very well and would not characterize Carter as any smarter or more competent than Obama. The important question is "Competent at what?" The only thing Carter accomplished was to survive four years as the president without connection to Nixon and Watergate and about as Non-Inside-The-Beltway king of POTUS as the real leader who succeeded him. Obama has proven in less than four years quite adept at weakening US power around the world especially in the Middle East. And his Transfer of Wealth programs have succeeded nicely. One thing Carter has all over Obama is that at least he had to get his Final T.S. in order to serve as his did in the USN. In fact, you may have even run into him or knew guys who served under him. Carter was a soutern boob at heart sort of like Clinton except without the Moscow/KGB connection. Obama's upbringing is straight out of the KGB Africa Directorate Manual for recruiting influence agents and I'm sure Barry has exceeded their wildest expectations.

The stock market is starting to expect Romney to win-- indicated by their discussion of the stock prices in a "Romney Sweep."
    Look up "Bernanke put" dumbass.

Obama has proven in less than four years quite adept at weakening US power around the world especially in the Middle East.
    He's actually done the exact opposite.
    I keeps it real.

Romney is such a poor executive that he is just the type of guy who would stubble into a war with Russia using Iran as a flashpoint.

What's even worse is he would think God was telling him to do it...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair made the lyin', excuse makin' repubs look as stupid as they did when they pulled Palin out of the bush of Alaska. What a friggin' JOKE they are! They REALLY think that the public believes their lies about everything?
    Glad to see New Orleans get through that storm-remember how 'W' robbed them of the diking money last time they when they went through Catrina? The losses from that storm were easily tripled from 'W' taking that money to help fund his war. And now Eastwood mumbling and stumbling through a conversation with an empty chair......................wow

Look up "Bernanke put" dumbass.

Tell it like it is Buddha...have a good day.

I remember the Carter presidency very well and would not characterize Carter as any smarter or more competent than Obama. The important question is "Competent at what?" The only thing Carter accomplished was to survive four years as the president without connection to Nixon and Watergate and about as Non-Inside-The-Beltway king of POTUS as the real leader who succeeded him. Obama has proven in less than four years quite adept at weakening US power around the world especially in the Middle East. And his Transfer of Wealth programs have succeeded nicely. One thing Carter has all over Obama is that at least he had to get his Final T.S. in order to serve as his did in the USN. In fact, you may have even run into him or knew guys who served under him. Carter was a soutern boob at heart sort of like Clinton except without the Moscow/KGB connection. Obama's upbringing is straight out of the KGB Africa Directorate Manual for recruiting influence agents and I'm sure Barry has exceeded their wildest expectations.
    Carter is no dummy, likely 200 points higher IQ than Obama, which may explain why Obama's records are sealed. Carter was a decent Governor of Georgia, so he had serious executive experience, unlike Obama who had NONE! Albeit misguided by sincere liberal philosophy and a need to micromanage from his distrust of all subordinates, Carter and his CIA Director Stansfield Turner were actually honest and forthright, unlike Obama who has been the most dishonest and lazy crook in that office, just "Chicago politics" totally dominated by Valerie Jerrett and other Chicago slum lord politicians.

I hate to appear racist, but we are seeing the behaviors that created the ugly stereotypes. We are seeing in the White House what we former Navy supervisors saw on all those ships, the blacks "shuckin' and jivin' on the fantail instead of doing their assigned work. Having fun instead of working. I can remember wanting to kick their "boom boxes" overboard! Regarding Obama (or whatever his real name is) I have read that there are STACKS of unsigned documents waiting for his signature-- if they can just get him out of fundraisers, off the golf course, off Air Force One joy riding, or playing basketball with Michael Jordan.

I hope this country spits out Obama and his team like watermelon seeds, no pun intended!

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 09-03-2012 at 04:12 PM.

I hope this country spits out Obama and his team like watermelon seeds, no pun intended!

Larry
    I love how racists can't help but to reveal their true agenda. Fortunately, Liary, your white-trash thinking is on its way to extinction. And you are exactly that. White trash.
    I keeps it real.

I love how racists can't help but to reveal their true agenda. Fortunately, Liary, your white-trash thinking is on its way to extinction. And you are exactly that. White trash.
    Right on schedule! ANY criticism of the behavior of blacks (only the liberals) ALWAYS brings out the "racist" screams. Why be such a puppet?

And this explains why our collective guilt prevented the scrupulous vetting of candidate Obama. Media was AFRAID to ask for his school records and DEMAND that he show his IQ and results of other tests and his college transcripts that will certainly reveal that he was given "affirmative action" help with his grades. His supporters KNEW those "racist!" screams would stop that. Hillary Clinton was totally stymied! McCain ordered his staff not to ask the questions of Obama that he was being asked. McCain was afraid to be called "racist," and so an unqualified candidate was allowed to proceed. Now we have a complete failure for our president!! We don't even know whether he was constitutionally eligible!!! And you call me a racist for asking!!!!

Actually my opinion of Obama, et. al. is exactly that of Alan West and Condy Rice and thousands of other blacks who are deeply ashamed of the bad ones who fulfill the stereotypes and give them all a bad name.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 09-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.

I hate to appear racist
    Ok I can understand that. Well how about we refer to you as a senile, xenophobic old bigot. Do you prefer that?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Larry the Troll strikes again and without breaking a sweat lands two veterans.

Larry the Troll strikes again and without breaking a sweat lands two veterans.
    Now that really hurts my feelings. You've already run Nifty off the forum this week. Do you really want to drive Buddha and I away too?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Now that really hurts my feelings. You've already run Nifty off the forum this week. Do you really want to drive Buddha and I away too?
    I'm terribly sorry old chap. I was just a wee bit concerned the official scorer might have missed that one (two). May we all still have the knack at Larry's age.

I didn't run Nifty off, he willingly volunteered for a fatal mission. I tried to veer off but he followed my wingtips, every desperate maneuver. Then, with dwindling options, I hit the throttle, maneuvered behind him and squeezed. No, not the sphincter, the trigger. No plane can stay aloft missing two wings, its canopy gone, the engine shot completely out of the aircraft, the landing gear shot off, the seats missing, the frame shot apart etc., etc.

Fear not though, I fully expect next golf season to discover Nifty has passed, his nephew has stumbled onto his computer and signed on using Nifty's handle and off we go again.

I'm terribly sorry old chap. I was just a wee bit concerned the official scorer might have missed that one (two). May we all still have the knack at Larry's age.

I didn't run Nifty off, he willingly volunteered for a fatal mission. I tried to veer off but he followed my wingtips, every desperate maneuver. Then, with dwindling options, I hit the throttle, maneuvered behind him and squeezed. No, not the sphincter, the trigger. No plane can stay aloft missing two wings, its canopy gone, the engine shot completely out of the aircraft, the landing gear shot off, the seats missing, the frame shot apart etc., etc.

Fear not though, I fully expect next golf season to discover Nifty has passed, his nephew has stumbled onto his computer and signed on using Nifty's handle and off we go again.
    Whilst I couldn't resist taking the bait occasionally when NN mouthed off re unions etc in general I like the guy. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. It reminds me of when the $600 wedge wise cracks drove Dorkman off the forum. Humourous at the time but not worth losing a valued contributor over.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Whilst I couldn't resist taking the bait occasionally when NN mouthed off re unions etc in general I like the guy. I hope we haven't seen the last of him. It reminds me of when the $600 wedge wise cracks drove Dorkman off the forum. Humourous at the time but not worth losing a valued contributor over.
    You mean this isn't Survivor?

You mean this isn't Survivor?
    Nope. A forum equivalent of Lord of the Flies.

What happened to Nifty2? Is he really gone? I liked the guy.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Right on schedule! ANY criticism of the behavior of blacks (only the liberals) ALWAYS brings out the "racist" screams. Why be such a puppet?

And this explains why our collective guilt prevented the scrupulous vetting of candidate Obama. Media was AFRAID to ask for his school records and DEMAND that he show his IQ and results of other tests and his college transcripts that will certainly reveal that he was given "affirmative action" help with his grades. His supporters KNEW those "racist!" screams would stop that. Hillary Clinton was totally stymied! McCain ordered his staff not to ask the questions of Obama that he was being asked. McCain was afraid to be called "racist," and so an unqualified candidate was allowed to proceed. Now we have a complete failure for our president!! We don't even know whether he was constitutionally eligible!!! And you call me a racist for asking!!!!

Actually my opinion of Obama, et. al. is exactly that of Alan West and Condy Rice and thousands of other blacks who are deeply ashamed of the bad ones who fulfill the stereotypes and give them all a bad name.

Larry

Whaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaaaa, whaaaaaaaaa!. I'm a racist bigot and I like to whine when someone calls me out for it. Whaaaa, whaaaa, whaaaa.

Grow a set, you old f-ck.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Basically a NAG beat down. I didn't read all of the posts but it appeared that NN didn't know when to stay down for the count. He kept getting up and would throw down his typical multiple one line paragraph post. Nag would respond with some well strung combinations exposing NN's weaknesses. It really was no contest for NAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    An e beatdown from NAG as described by Poe so he put NAG on his ignore list. It took place in the Who's the Candidate for you thread and lead to the Myth of Meritocracy thread. Then FON slamdunked him in a golf related thread which might have been the final straw for NN II.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 09-04-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You include a tasteless joke about "watermelon seeds" and you get called a racist.

You deserved it. Period.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Ok I can understand that. Well how about we refer to you as a senile, xenophobic old bigot. Do you prefer that?
    HEY! Make that, "senile, xenophobic old bigot who could buy and sell me!!"

Larry

HEY! Make that, "senile, xenophobic old bigot who could buy and sell me!!"

Larry
    Please.

You run a one man scanning/OCR business...

...which you still have to run at age 70...

...and your wife is still working as a textbook sales rep.

That is not the profile of someone who can "buy and sell" anyone.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Striking resemblance

They do look pretty similar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z funny politics.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	2902  

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Please.

You run a one man scanning/OCR business...

...which you still have to run at age 70...

...and your wife is still working as a textbook sales rep.

That is not the profile of someone who can "buy and sell" anyone.
    I keeps it real.

I'm not scared of too many things but that widow's peak on Ryan frightens the pejesus out of me. If you're not scared you should be.

If Ryan's elected I'm not going outside without protection for my neck and I'll carry a stake and hammer with me everywhere.

I'm not scared of too many things but that widow's peak on Ryan frightens the pejesus out of me. If you're not scared you should be.

If Ryan's elected I'm not going outside without protection for my neck and I'll carry a stake and hammer with me everywhere.
    If they had a hair club for men he'd be president. Speaking of hair club for men, do they actually have a process that removes hair for guys that have too much of it like Ryan? He literally has too much hair. Something very neanderthal about it. I'm sorry but that just screams hairy back. Do we really want a VP with that much hair on his back and shoulders?

Ryan claimed to have run a 2:5X Marathon last week. People started checking archives of his old results, and it turns out he was more like a 4 hour runner. He had to admit to "misremembering" his time this week. That is complete BS, you don't misremember a marathon time. He lied. In the original interview, the interviewer doubting his statement tried to give him an out, and he buried himself deeper by saying he was fast and definitely under 3 hours. Its the equivalent to a 100+ golfer telling people he shoots in the 70s.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    Ryan claimed to have run a 2:5X Marathon last week. People started checking archives of his old results, and it turns out he was more like a 4 hour runner. He had to admit to "misremembering" his time this week. That is complete BS, you don't misremember a marathon time. He lied. In the original interview, the interviewer doubting his statement tried to give him an out, and he buried himself deeper by saying he was fast and definitely under 3 hours. Its the equivalent to a 100+ golfer telling people he shoots in the 70s.

If that's true that he lied about a marathon time it's a huge blunder. Completely unnecessary when you consider that only 1% of the population are runners who would hold any kind of value to a marathon time. The only thing that matters is that he ran it and finished.

However, if he lied about his time it becomes a huge deal. That's the same as lying about your golf score or pretty much any other kind of achievement. It's almost as bad as Larry claiming he can break 80.

I'm sure Romney isn't pleased. He was a Bishop you know. That's only one step away from being a Rook, where you can move sideways, rather than diagonally. The flowing robes, the grace...stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    If they had a hair club for men he'd be president. Speaking of hair club for men, do they actually have a process that removes hair for guys that have too much of it like Ryan? He literally has too much hair. Something very neanderthal about it. I'm sorry but that just screams hairy back. Do we really want a VP with that much hair on his back and shoulders?
    Here in the age of hair removal, I don't think his wolfman thing will play well with women voters. S.hit, I face some form of hair removal project every couple of weeks, why should he get off scot free?

Let's see, who else do we know who lies about his sports results? He's also a Republican.

Giving misinformation like that is absolutely intentional and a total b.itchmove. I assume he's actually clumsy to the point of constantly tripping over his own feet.

P90 X by the way is the calling card of the guy that's trying to impress others with his conditioning.

Hell, I've lived in places that you'd be hard-pressed to drive 26 miles in under four hours. On the other hand, I used to drive from La Habra to Las Vegas in under 3 hours. I don't know why Romney picked a guy from Wisconsin anyway. No offense, but those people are notable for the Packers and cheese. Maybe Romney will utilize him at diplomatic events for the Ceremonial Cutting of The Cheese.

If that's true that he lied about a marathon time it's a huge blunder. Completely unnecessary when you consider that only 1% of the population are runners who would hold any kind of value to a marathon time. The only thing that matters is that he ran it and finished.

However, if he lied about his time it becomes a huge deal. That's the same as lying about your golf score or pretty much any other kind of achievement. It's almost as bad as Larry claiming he can break 80.

I'm sure Romney isn't pleased. He was a Bishop you know. That's only one step away from being a Rook, where you can move sideways, rather than diagonally. The flowing robes, the grace...stunning.
    Its true and it reveals a lot about his character.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...4785636&page=0
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Its true and it reveals a lot about his character.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...4785636&page=0
    A best time in a marathon is something you would never forget. It's no different than your best score in golf. If someone asks you the answer is immediate and made with supreme confidence.

I have no choice but to vote for Obama now. Either that or I'll just write in my own name.

Romney better fire his speech writers and/or learn better how to deliver a speech because Obama is slick and can deliver a speech.

Obama reminds me of how slick Clinton was.

Biden is a dipshiat.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post

Biden is a dipshiat.
    Obama is exactly like Clinton.
    All style and a fantastic public speaker but completely lacking in substance or actual results.

Yes, Biden is a complete dip$hit.

Clinton is much smarter than Obama and he reduced the deficit. Idiotic right wingers will blast him for the Lowenski thing but countries in Europe laugh at us for taking that so seriously. At least Clinton is out there supporting the democratic candidate. He obviously cares a great deal about his country.

Romney better fire his speech writers and/or learn better how to deliver a speech because Obama is slick and can deliver a speech.

Biden is a dipshiat.
    The GoP hasn't picked a good communicator since THE great communicator. Think about it: HW, Dole, W, McCain, Romney. I think it's because the primary crowds just want to hear the swill of shiit the GoP preaches from any talking head, anyone will do. Like a congregation attending church... anyone on the lectern will suffice as long as they spit out the company line.

I saw John Huntsman campaign in New Hampshire. The Republicans refused to even listen to his ideas because he was associated with Obama. Sorry... that is just stupid. Don't be such a coward and listen to what the fuking guy has to say.

Same 4 years before with Fred Thompson. Not enough listeners because of his "show business" career. If they had any clue, they would actually listen to Thompson and realize he was one of the purest conservatives in the 2008 field.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

The GoP hasn't picked a good communicator since THE great communicator. Think about it: HW, Dole, W, McCain, Romney. I think it's because the primary crowds just want to hear the swill of shiit the GoP preaches from any talking head, anyone will do. Like a congregation attending church... anyone on the lectern will suffice as long as they spit out the company line.

I saw John Huntsman campaign in New Hampshire. The Republicans refused to even listen to his ideas because he was associated with Obama. Sorry... that is just stupid. Don't be such a coward and listen to what the fuking guy has to say.

Same 4 years before with Fred Thompson. Not enough listeners because of his "show business" career. If they had any clue, they would actually listen to Thompson and realize he was one of the purest conservatives in the 2008 field.
    Seemed to me that Thompson didn't really want it. You really have want it to endure all the shiat it takes to run for potus. Youhave to be at least half crazy to want that job.

Well, I didn't watch either of the conventions, but the feedback I'm getting from both liberals and conservatives is that the Republicans got smoked. Nobody thought to provide feedback on the Romney speech; it was that memorable. All the attention was on Eastwood. On the other hand, Michelle, Clinton, and Barrack are all getting rave reviews.
    I keeps it real.

Seemed to me that Thompson didn't really want it. You really have want it to endure all the shiat it takes to run for potus. Youhave to be at least half crazy to want that job.
    True enough. Clinton and Obama clearly wanted it and planned it and seemed to enjoy it in a twisted insane way.

W was pretty happy as governor of Texas and Texas was happy with him. The GoP elite pushed him into it hard while burning McCain in 2000. I'm not sure W ever really wanted it...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Well, I didn't watch either of the conventions, but the feedback I'm getting from both liberals and conservatives is that the Republicans got smoked. Nobody thought to provide feedback on the Romney speech; it was that memorable. All the attention was on Eastwood. On the other hand, Michelle, Clinton, and Barrack are all getting rave reviews.
    Why does the president's wife get attention? I've never understood this. Why is she suddenly a capable person in charge of all kinds of charities, events and other hoopla? You see president's wives at all of these events as if they are someone special. They got lucky and married a guy who later became president. They should be inside ironing and cooking.

Why does the president's wife get attention? I've never understood this. Why is she suddenly a capable person in charge of all kinds of charities, events and other hoopla? You see president's wives at all of these events as if they are someone special. They got lucky and married a guy who later became president. They should be inside ironing and cooking.
    Because most everyone wants to see them so they can make their judgements on the types of men would marry those women. Two of my favorite presidents had rather diminutive blond wives. Nixon and Reagan. They were the type to seem rather meek in public but could be wildcats in private. The fun type I prefer. Romney's wife could be a bit more outgoing but she has dropped all those kids so knows how to do the job. Now Obama's wife is almost as big as he is and probably outweighs him by at least a kilo. And she seems very domineering. But that is typical amongst blacks where the women are the family patriarchs since lots of times the men make sporadic appearances to procreate, eat dinner and grab some cash and then head back to prowl. Obama seems like the kind of p*ssy-whipped black guy married to a domineering woman and loves to get away to play golf and shoot hoops with the guys. And maybe do de down-low sometimes 'cause she ain't puttin' out without a major hassle dat he don't need. Clinton sort of had the same kind of wife but since he comes from the classic corn pone stock, he would just seek out some younger and juicier 'tang. And play golf too. Somebody get me a cheeseburger. Stat.

Because most everyone wants to see them so they can make their judgements on the types of men would marry those women. Two of my favorite presidents had rather diminutive blond wives. Nixon and Reagan. They were the type to seem rather meek in public but could be wildcats in private. The fun type I prefer. Romney's wife could be a bit more outgoing but she has dropped all those kids so knows how to do the job. Now Obama's wife is almost as big as he is and probably outweighs him by at least a kilo. And she seems very domineering. But that is typical amongst blacks where the women are the family patriarchs since lots of times the men make sporadic appearances to procreate, eat dinner and grab some cash and then head back to prowl. Obama seems like the kind of p*ssy-whipped black guy married to a domineering woman and loves to get away to play golf and shoot hoops with the guys. And maybe do de down-low sometimes 'cause she ain't puttin' out without a major hassle dat he don't need. Clinton sort of had the same kind of wife but since he comes from the classic corn pone stock, he would just seek out some younger and juicier 'tang. And play golf too. Somebody get me a cheeseburger. Stat.
    So basically, what you are saying is Obama is married.

The latest tragedy of hyper partisan American politics was a very productive debate over their convention dresses and shoes.

Apparently, Michelle was wearing around $1000 and Ann was wearing around $5000. Considering the respective wealth of who they are married to, that sounds about right to me.

Of course, the righties all screamed that THEY paid for Michelle's dress. What if her husband bought it for her out of his SALARY or his millions in book sales?

Or maybe they should peak at the tax code to see appearance and clothing in many professions is an acceptable tax deduction. Romney would know all about that.

Check Mitt's tax return for that $5000 dress being used for professional purposes... oh wait...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

The latest tragedy of hyper partisan American politics was a very productive debate over their convention dresses and shoes.

Apparently, Michelle was wearing around $1000 and Ann was wearing around $5000. Considering the respective wealth of who they are married to, that sounds about right to me.

Of course, the righties all screamed that THEY paid for Michelle's dress. What if her husband bought it for her out of his SALARY or his millions in book sales?

Or maybe they should peak at the tax code to see appearance and clothing in many professions is an acceptable tax deduction. Romney would know all about that.

Check Mitt's tax return for that $5000 dress being used for professional purposes... oh wait...
    Agreed. A $1,000 dress for Obama's wife is the equivalent of a $50 dress for most Americans. Viewed in that way, one could argue that a $1,000 dress for Obama's wife is kind of on the cheap end.

Romney's wife would need a $10,000 dress to make things equal.

Who cares?

Agreed. A $1,000 dress for Obama's wife is the equivalent of a $50 dress for most Americans. Viewed in that way, one could argue that a $1,000 dress for Obama's wife is kind of on the cheap end.

Who cares?
    Women on all of your comments. They do vote.

Who cares?
    I don't care what the principals and the other high-ups wear. Its what the attendees wear that interests me. Now when I watched my 27.5 minutes' coverage of the R's in Tampax, it looked like a massive gathering at The Country Club. The snippets I've seen of the D's in Queen City looks like a humongous fancified Golden Corral. I saw a bumper sticker this morning on the drive into work that read "99%" and an Obama 2012 sticker under that so I guess that's another play on the "1%" that has been going around and I assume refers to the fat cat R's who are in the top percentile. Now I sort of object to the use of 99% since it was the percentile that I scored in all my aptitute tests taken in various public schools from 1 through 12. Doing a macro intelligence quotient scan of both crowds, it looks to me like the R's are much closer to the 99th percentile than the D's. And a similar scan of percentage of attendees exceeding currently accepted standards for obesity to morbid obesity would go overwhelmingly to the D's which probably accounts for the Golden Corral impression. Ain't Political Science fun? And to think that you get credits for this and then get a job where they pay you to do it. Man oh man.

Who cares?
    This is what they want you guys to do. They want you talking about personalities, clothes, abortion, race, appearance, the evil terrorists hiding in the closet, sexual preference, etc...

They don't want you to talk about how or why the debt rose by 8 trillion dollars in 4 years. The gov't is too big and spends too much, but that doesn't even begin to explain the drastic rise debt. That debt number is close to $27,000 per person in the US. If you have 4 people in your family the gov't raised your family debt to over 100,000. This money wasn't spent on you or for you. It was taken and it was given away. If a stimulus bill had paid out 100,000 to every family in America, the economy would be doing a lot better right now. Private debt would have been liquidated and businesses would be booming. Sure their would have been some domestic inflation, but we have the inflation hitting us anyway. Its a global economy, and even if all the money was given to foreign creditors or domestic investors that funnel the money to oversees accounts, the money is still out there devaluing the dollar.

They don't want you to talk about how or why the debt rose by 8 trillion dollars in 4 years. The gov't is too big and spends too much, but that doesn't even begin to explain the drastic rise debt. That debt number is close to $27,000 per person in the US. If you have 4 people in your family the gov't raised your family debt to over 100,000. This money wasn't spent on you or for you. It was taken and it was given away.
    The national debt has increased $4.9 Trillion since Obama took office. If you are going to use numbers. Use the right numbers.

And... they do talk about debt. The best line of the DNC was by far Bill Clinton explaining that before him in 12 years of Republican Presidency the debt had QUADRUPLED and in 8 years of Republican Presidency after him the debt had DOUBLED.

Obama is certainly on track for another doubling of the debt in 8 years (like W)... what any conservative has yet to explain to me is how Romney and 1 Trillion of tax cuts and 2 Trillion in defense spending increases will be any different or better.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

The national debt has increased $4.9 Trillion since Obama took office. If you are going to use numbers. Use the right numbers.

And... they do talk about debt. The best line of the DNC was by far Bill Clinton explaining that before him in 12 years of Republican Presidency the debt had QUADRUPLED and in 8 years of Republican Presidency after him the debt had DOUBLED.

Obama is certainly on track for another doubling of the debt in 8 years (like W)... what any conservative has yet to explain to me is how Romney and 1 Trillion of tax cuts and 2 Trillion in defense spending increases will be any different or better.
    I'm not trying to draw a distinction between the demicrans or republicrats. They are both responsible. My facts are a little messed up though. I thought the debt was 8 trillion in 2008, but it actually hit 10 trillion that year. Technically the debt has only gone up 6 trillion in 4 years (1.1T must have belonged to Bush his)...so that would be only 20K per person and 80K per 4 person family.

So, you really think 1 side yelling "see the republicans made the debt bigger," and the other side yelling "no it was the democrats," is actually talking about anything of substance.

I'm not trying to draw a distinction between the demicrans or republicrats. They are both responsible. My facts are a little messed up though. I thought the debt was 8 trillion in 2008, but it actually hit 10 trillion that year. Technically the debt has only gone up 6 trillion in 4 years (1.1T must have belonged to Bush his)...so that would be only 20K per person and 80K per 4 person family.

So, you really think 1 side yelling "see the republicans made the debt bigger," and the other side yelling "no it was the democrats," is actually talking about anything of substance.
    Agreed.

Like some on this board, I bought the fiscal responsibility of the Reps back when I was one. You can only get screwed so many times before you register independent. The record speaks for itself though. Now, Romney and Ryan aren't even trying to prove that somehow they will be any different from the 20 years of previous Republican administrations on debt control.

They are openly talking about 3 trillion in new debt with no way to pay for it (they promise to explain after the election).
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

They are openly talking about 3 trillion in new debt with no way to pay for it (they promise to explain after the election).
    Well I know I can certainly take them at their word. Just because they say it means it's true. No sense it looking at their past actions as governor or congressional member. They wear the red shirt, so it's all good!
    I keeps it real.

I know of no other country wher the role of 'first lady' carries any weight whatsoever. A ridiculous concept.

BTW if Hillary becomes your first female president what will that make Bill? The First Bloke?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Just watch out if he starts passing cigars out.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Just watch out if he starts passing cigars out.
    What kind would they be? Poonatellas?

Only a few trillion more debt would result in the world cutting us off as irresponsible. It would become almost impossible to sell US Treasury bonds to China, et. al.

Tax cuts actually raise net income to the government. 3 past cycles starting with JFK proved that conclusively. The facts are indisputable.

America remains the ONLY world power opposing radical Islam, which is rapidly spreading. Do some basic research. Radical Islam considers ALL Infidels sub-human. If they won't convert, they must be exterminated and any means necessary is justified. Ayatollas preach that it is OK to lie and deceive infidels. A billion people believe that!!! So we MUST maintain a strong military or be overrun. Radical Islam would start with terrorist attacks on our major cities--9/11 times 1000. Bush kept us safe with his Homeland Security combining of the various agencies that could not cooperate before 9/11. Obama is dismantling that. I really believe he at least sympathizes with Islam.

So we must cut entitlements to afford the military.

Larry

Thread Information