|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: US Open

US Open

Now that the annoying, petulant Spanish brat is out with injury I'm hoping for a Federer - Djokovic final. The only potential spanner in the works for this matchup is that Federer is drawn to meet Andy Murray in the semi final. Although you'd normally expect Roger to win that match Murray has been playing well and blew Roger off the court at the Wimbledon venue in the Olympics. But assuming Roger wins that a Federer - Djokovic final would be awesome.

I know that Buddha will be rooting for Djokovic all the way to the final.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    I know that Buddha will be rooting for Djokovic all the way to the final.
    You know that's right. I would also love to see a Federer-Djackoffvic final which ends similarly to the Wimbledon semifinal match.

What are your thoughts on the Roddick retirement? He always kind of annoyed me, but I'm unable to pinpoint why. I can't believe it's been 9 years since he won his only grand slam.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    You know that's right. I would also love to see a Federer-Djackoffvic final which ends similarly to the Wimbledon semifinal match.

What are your thoughts on the Roddick retirement? He always kind of annoyed me, but I'm unable to pinpoint why. I can't believe it's been 9 years since he won his only grand slam.
    Roddick never annoyed me but he did disappoint me. When he first came on the scene he had a huge serve and big forehand and I thought he needed to improve his backhand and volleying. I assumed he would improve those areas and become a major force in mens tennis but instead in recent years he seems to have gone backwards and become a one dimensional grinder. He no longer has the big forehand and even his serve, whilst still big, is pretty ineffective against the worlds best. I also can't believe it's been 9 years since he won the US Open. Seems like yesterday and I assumed he'd go on and win at least 3 majors. Having said all that Roddick was unlucky to be playing in the same era as one Roger Federer. He gave The Fedexpress a couple of epic battles at Wimbledon and I'm sure he would have won a couple of Wimbledon titles against anyone else.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Roddick never annoyed me but he did disappoint me. When he first came on the scene he had a huge serve and big forehand and I thought he needed to improve his backhand and volleying. I assumed he would improve those areas and become a major force in mens tennis but instead in recent years he seems to have gone backwards and become a one dimensional grinder. He no longer has the big forehand and even his serve, whilst still big, is pretty ineffective against the worlds best. I also can't believe it's been 9 years since he won the US Open. Seems like yesterday and I assumed he'd go on and win at least 3 majors. Having said all that Roddick was unlucky to be playing in the same era as one Roger Federer. He gave The Fedexpress a couple of epic battles at Wimbledon and I'm sure he would have won a couple of Wimbledon titles against anyone else.
    I didn't like Roddick when he broke on the scene because he seemed like a bit of a brat, and like you, wasn't enamored with his style of play. He runs around more backhands than anyone.
    I don't find him bratty any longer, but I still don't like his game.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Roddick is looking pretty good at the moment vs Del Potro. Just took the 1st set in a tie break and appears to be playing more aggressively like the Roddick of old.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well so much for my prediction for the final. What do you reckon Buddha? With the Fedexpress gone can anyone stop your hero Djackoffvic?
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 09-06-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't think so. He needs to play at less than 75% of his capabilities for anyone to have a chance. Damn Djackoffvic.
    I keeps it real.

Well the hottest babe in tennis Anna Ivanovich was blown off the court by Serena Williams yesterday so now I'm watching the next hottest Maria Sharapova battling it out with Victoria Azarenka.

Two observations:

1. Sharapova has a great pair of legs. Perhaps the best in womens tennis since Steffi.

2. What a pair of screamers these two are. It sounds like I'm watching a lesbian orgy!

Now where the f#ck am I?

1. Sharapova has a great pair of legs. Perhaps the best in womens tennis since Steffi.
    Yeah. Her best asset. I haven't thought about Steffi's legs in quite some time, but that was a nice reminder.

2. What a pair of screamers these two are. It sounds like I'm watching a lesbian orgy!
    Have you heard about the anti-grunting movement? While it won't affect those currently on the tour, they're thinking about monitoring and regulating the level of grunting for those coming up the ranks. I've got to say, I find the grunting obnoxious and having played tennis up through college, I can't relate to the need to make all that noise at impact.
    I keeps it real.

I agree re the screaming and grunting. I can understand every now and then after an epic point where you have put forth a massive effort. But every single shot? Gimme a break!

The trouble is the next generation of young players coming through will see this and copy their example so they need to do something to nip it in the bud.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Buddha

You're mate Djackoffvic got dusted in the first two sets but came back and won the third 6-2 and is leading the fourth 4-2 with a break. Make that 4-3. I know you hate the Serb but I would argue the Scot is a miserable prick and the bigger douchebag of the two.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Buddha

You're mate Djackoffvic got dusted in the first two sets but came back and won the third 6-2 and is leading the fourth 4-2 with a break. Make that 4-3. I know you hate the Serb but I would argue the Scot is a miserable prick and the bigger douchebag of the two.
    That might be right. I watched Djackoffvic the other night and he didn't annoy me as much. I imagine once his career approaches its twilight, I may even root for him. So do you know who won yet?
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    That might be right. I watched Djackoffvic the other night and he didn't annoy me as much. I imagine once his career approaches its twilight, I may even root for him. So do you know who won yet?
    Murray ran away with the final set breaking Djokovic 3 times though Djokovic got one of the breaks back. Murray played really well and just seemed to have more gas in the tank in the final set. Quite pleased for McAdder. Good to see a Brit finally win a Major for the first time since 1936! Holy crap that's before the second world war FFS!

He'll be a living legend in the UK now.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Murray ran away with the final set breaking Djokovic 3 times though Djokovic got one of the breaks back. Murray played really well and just seemed to have more gas in the tank in the final set. Quite pleased for McAdder. Good to see a Brit finally win a Major for the first time since 1936! Holy crap that's before the second world war FFS!

He'll be a living legend in the UK now.
    Quite a match.. one USOpen that I actually enjoy watching in a long time. Edgey would be proud
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information