|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    Romney was an extremely weak candidate. He used dirty tactics to get the R nomination and completely alienated the libertarian leaning republicans.

The republican party is in shambles. The only way they can comeback is if they make some major changes. They need to start pushing for civil liberties, become anti-imperialist, push for shrinking the federal gov't, and begin to realize that monetary policy is an important issue.
    If you look at trends, Republican chances will decline in four years, further after that. It's conceivable it's early in a long Democratic party winning streak. The kinds of changes the Repubs would have to make seem impossible given its current makeup. It's difficult to envision how someone who can win would make it through the primaries.

It's looking as though the next presidential election will be decided in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    If you look at trends, Republican chances will decline in four years, further after that. It's conceivable it's early in a long Democratic party winning streak. The kinds of changes the Repubs would have to make seem impossible given its current makeup. It's difficult to envision how someone who can win would make it through the primaries.

It's looking as though the next presidential election will be decided in the primaries.
    The first thing they'd have to do is divorce themselves of the Christian right. Those social values are outdated and divisive.
    I keeps it real.

I'm calling a Hillary win in 2016.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    I'm calling a Hillary win in 2016.
    With an old Veep, I think you're right. In four years the Clintons may seem conservative against the Dem field which means guys like Mongrel and Larry should be pulling for her.

You know, I think I can warm up to Hillary, I always liked Bill. I don't care if she's unattractive. And pulling for a woman could get me tang. Yes, I think I can warm up to this.

I've decided the best way to dismantle the military is to put the Republicans in the rear view mirror. This single issue almost controls my vote, it did this time.

With an old Veep, I think you're right. In four years the Clintons may seem conservative against the Dem field which means guys like Mongrel and Larry should be pulling for her.

You know, I think I can warm up to Hillary, I always liked Bill. I don't care if she's unattractive. And pulling for a woman could get me tang. Yes, I think I can warm up to this.

I've decided the best way to dismantle the military is to put the Republicans in the rear view mirror. This single issue almost controls my vote, it did this time.
    Mitt's stance on the military spending was a poison pill for me. Some of his other positions you can push aside looking at his past record and statements as the move to the right to get nominated. Not the military spending or even his lack of foreign affairs skills.

I would guess the GOP will have to kick the Tea Party to the curb if they want any serious chance of reform.

This last election should be a wake up call for the GOP in regards to the religious right. They nominated for a Mormon which must up until this election considered a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post
    Thanks for the bump. When I get some time, I'd like to pull together a montage of all of Liary's wonderful calls.
    Wow, that would be quite a commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Mitt's stance on the military spending was a poison pill for me. Some of his other positions you can push aside looking at his past record and statements as the move to the right to get nominated. Not the military spending or even his lack of foreign affairs skills.

I would guess the GOP will have to kick the Tea Party to the curb if they want any serious chance of reform.

This last election should be a wake up call for the GOP in regards to the religious right. They nominated for a Mormon which must up until this election considered a cult.
    Me too. I feel so strongly about it I can't envision myself voting Republican again. As far as the Tea Party, I don't know how the Republican party can get rid of them, I think they're stuck and they'll only get more bitter, divisive and committed.

It's not like back before Clinton when the Dems realized they needed to jettison guys like Nifty. They did and everything changed for them. But the TP will be a growing block in the backlash to this. I think the Repubs will continue to devolve.

I'm getting no return calls from Republican friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Yada yada ... post a video of your swing. Wait a minute. Wrong thread.
    As such a big fan of lessons, I wonder if he's enjoying the one he received yesterday.

Me too. I feel so strongly about it I can't envision myself voting Republican again. As far as the Tea Party, I don't know how the Republican party can get rid of them, I think they're stuck and they'll only get more bitter, divisive and committed.

It's not like back before Clinton when the Dems realized they needed to jettison guys like Nifty. They did and everything changed for them. But the TP will be a growing block in the backlash to this. I think the Repubs will continue to devolve.

I'm getting no return calls from Republican friends.
    I think you might be surprised. The Tea Party was actually started by Ron Paul and libertarian leaning republicans, but it was quickly infiltrated and overtaken by the neo-conservative faction.

For now the neo-cons control all of the money and power positions within the republican party, but they barely retained control and became increasingly desperate during the primary. The next republican primary is going to be very ugly.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    I think you might be surprised. The Tea Party was actually started by Ron Paul and libertarian leaning republicans, but it was quickly infiltrated and overtaken by the neo-conservative faction.

For now the neo-cons control all of the money and power positions within the republican party, but they barely retained control and became increasingly desperate during the primary. The next republican primary is going to be very ugly.
    The animal Paul created is long gone, taken over by the Obama backlash from his initial election. I hope the TP (party not you) peaked in the primaries but I don't think so. We'd all like to think Michelle Bachmann is gone forever but it's probably too much wishful thinking. Their sentiment could gain resolve now not lose it. Whether from the TP or another form of backlash, there's a good chance the Repub party will further implode.

It's very possible many moderate Repubs will now switch over figuring their best bet is to influence Dem policy and have an impact on Dem primaries where the real election could be. Why would one make oneself politically meaningless assuming no serious emotional problems? Join the Dems and change the party from within. Eventually there would be one party and we can then get down to business. Things may actually work out pretty well.

Look at a map of red vs. blue from yesterday's election. With demo trends the blue is closing in on the middle.

Edit: The Dow is now down 330. The resulting liquidity effect is putting everything at a loss. It's an elephant stampede! May not make it until the end of the day before the circuit breakers kick in.
    Last edited by Not a German; 11-07-2012 at 08:34 AM.

One never knows what's going to happen four years from now. One thing is for certain, the Republicans really need to distance themselves from people like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and all of the other wacko, die hard right wingers. The stance on abortion and religion MUST go or there is no chance of getting a candidate elected.

The bottom line is that all of the minorities put together now represent the majority and they all vote for Obama. How can someone win who's major concerns are pro life, religion, immigration and reducing taxes on the wealthy? They can't.

Honsetly, I think all of the conservative TV and radio shows hurt the party. The average American can't relate to all of the BS the spew out every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    One never knows what's going to happen four years from now. One thing is for certain, the Republicans really need to distance themselves from people like Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin and all of the other wacko, die hard right wingers. The stance on abortion and religion MUST go or there is no chance of getting a candidate elected.

The bottom line is that all of the minorities put together now represent the majority and they all vote for Obama. How can someone win who's major concerns are pro life, religion, immigration and reducing taxes on the wealthy? They can't.

Honsetly, I think all of the conservative TV and radio shows hurt the party. The average American can't relate to all of the BS the spew out every single day.
    If you sit at a desk that's probably true. If you drive a yacht it probably isn't.

Edit: The Dow is now down 330. The resulting liquidity effect is putting everything at a loss. It's an elephant stampede! May not make it until the end of the day before the circuit breakers kick in.
    True story. I sold a rental property a few weeks back and got a good sized settlement check. I decided to refinance my current place and put a good chunk of my settlement on my mortgage.
    Yesterday is my closing, so I go into my bank and ask for a cashier's check for very large sum, made out to myself. On election day. The teller asked me if I knew something he didn't. I said, "You're in banking, can't you tell?" Mind you, he's a freakin' teller not an investment guy, but I could tell he was nervous. I told him to put "Personal" in the memo line.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    True story. I sold a rental property a few weeks back and got a good sized settlement check. I decided to refinance my current place and put a good chunk of my settlement on my mortgage.
    Yesterday is my closing, so I go into my bank and ask for a cashier's check for very large sum, made out to myself. On election day. The teller asked me if I knew something he didn't. I said, "You're in banking, can't you tell?" Mind you, he's a freakin' teller not an investment guy, but I could tell he was nervous. I told him to put "Personal" in the memo line.
    I recently sold a car to someone who paid me in cash. I accepted the cash but before I did I thought about going inside to put on my sidearm. Then I thought I was just being paranoid after all I had his ID. Then I thought what the hell, why not?

When I was signing on the trunk of the car he caught a glimpse of the gun inside my jacket. I told him he had nothing to worry about, he's the one who brought the cash. That guy could not get out of there fast enough.

What kind of refi terms did you get and what do you figure the LTV is?

I recently sold a car to someone who paid me in cash. I accepted the cash but before I did I thought about going inside to put on my sidearm. Then I thought I was just being paranoid after all I had his ID. Then I thought what the hell, why not?

When I was signing on the trunk of the car he caught a glimpse of the gun inside my jacket. I told him he had nothing to worry about, he's the one who brought the cash. That guy could not get out of there fast enough.

What kind of refi terms did you get and what do you figure the LTV is?
    15 year 2.875% fixed. Not too bad.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You would think it has to sink in. Virgina is now always in play and THAT is a serious and terminal problem for today's GOP. Of Ohio, Virgina, and Florida... Obama's biggest margin was Virgina. That should be freaking the GOP out right now and having them self-evaluate.

But probably not, they will blame everything on something other than themselves. Fine by me... Hillary 2016 could mean no Republican president in 16 years. Always a good thing.

GOP will keep the house thanks to urban redistricting... that's fine... nothing wrong with balance of power as long as they replace the self imploding Tea Traitors in the primaries.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    You would think it has to sink in. Virgina is now always in play and THAT is a serious and terminal problem for today's GOP. Of Ohio, Virgina, and Florida... Obama's biggest margin was Virgina. That should be freaking the GOP out right now and having them self-evaluate.

But probably not, they will blame everything on something other than themselves. Fine by me... Hillary 2016 could mean no Republican president in 16 years. Always a good thing.

GOP will keep the house thanks to urban redistricting... that's fine... nothing wrong with balance of power as long as they replace the self imploding Tea Traitors in the primaries.
    I hope Hillary is on the ballet in 2016 because I think that would give the other candidate a much better chance. Successful women will vote for Hillary but the average woman will not want to see her in the White House.

No, not at all. Pre-pay terms?

http://ycharts.com/indicators/15_year_mortgage_rate

The CNBC gal in the red dress has a huge rack.

That's amazing. Back in 2003 I had a 15 year at 4.5% but, wouldn't you know it, I was relocated.

I assume you plan on living there for the rest of your life?

No, not at all. Pre-pay terms?

http://ycharts.com/indicators/15_year_mortgage_rate

The CNBC gal in the red dress has a huge rack.
    No penalties for early payment.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

That's amazing. Back in 2003 I had a 15 year at 4.5% but, wouldn't you know it, I was relocated.

I assume you plan on living there for the rest of your life?
    We bought a house in 2003 with 30% down at 5.5%. That was a great rate back then. I don't know how long we'll be in this house, though we just added a bedroom in some attic space, so we don't really need to move. I like living in the city, but public school gets a bit dicey for me after 5th grade. I'm conditioned to pay over $2,000 per month in day care, but it would be nice to catch a break from that for at least a few years. I definitely will not be moving out to our suburbs unless I have to.
    There are a few things that I don't like about our current house, but nothing that is a deal breaker.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

We bought a house in 2003 with 30% down at 5.5%. That was a great rate back then. I don't know how long we'll be in this house, though we just added a bedroom in some attic space, so we don't really need to move. I like living in the city, but public school gets a bit dicey for me after 5th grade. I'm conditioned to pay over $2,000 per month in day care, but it would be nice to catch a break from that for at least a few years. I definitely will not be moving out to our suburbs unless I have to.
    There are a few things that I don't like about our current house, but nothing that is a deal breaker.
    You just inspired me to look into the exact same thing. We purchased a home 2.5 years ago with a 30-year mortgage at something like 4.75%. I love the idea of paying off my mortgage in 15 years but I'd have to compare the monthly payment at 15 years at 2.75% vs. what I'm paying now. I'll use one of those calculators on Yahoo. Much easier than my HP 12C.

Thread Information