|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I give up. Is it for playing or masturbating to?
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Guys/ Girls/ AC-DC... As I said before: Lajolla Knife wedges have been very good and kind to me. I bought (4) 52* at $8.99 each on eBay, bent to *50 as a GW and love them. Three months ago bought a brand new 56* Lajolla Knife wedge and bent it to *60.

Played a Golf charity tourney today (best ball / captain choice format)... on One par-5 (535? yds) our GI partner hit a beautiful drive , may be 270 +/- yds, I followed with probably my best 3W... we were 50-55 yds to the cup, I pulled out my 60* Lajolla Knife wedge, hit it way up in the air, soft landing about 3ft to the hole and rolled in for an eagle... WOW... We won first prize (-13)

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Guys/ Girls/ AC-DC... As I said before: Lajolla Knife wedges have been very good and kind to me. I bought (4) 52* at $8.99 each on eBay, bent to *50 as a GW and love them. Three months ago bought a brand new 56* Lajolla Knife wedge and bent it to *60.

Played a Golf charity tourney today (best ball / captain choice format)... on One par-5 (535? yds) our GI partner hit a beautiful drive , may be 270 +/- yds, I followed with probably my best 3W... we were 50-55 yds to the cup, I pulled out my 60* Lajolla Knife wedge, hit it way up in the air, soft landing about 3ft to the hole and rolled in for an eagle... WOW... We won first prize (-13)
    Congratulations on the Win and the wedge shot. But which 3 wood were you using?
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Congratulations on the Win and the wedge shot. But which 3 wood were you using?
    Thanks Mongrel .... Cally GBB II - RCH system 55g firm shaft . I think it's 16* (I have 2 GBB II 3W, the other has system 60 R-flex). Not sure the difference in these 2 shafts but I hit the RCH system 55g firm shaft better.

I love that stupid looking Lajolla Knife wedge. In fact I am thinking of buying another 56* (then bent to 58* which plays more like *60) before I can't find them anymore ... Trust me, if we could not hit this wedge with high trajectory then we should give up golf. My friend - a PGA professional , 2 cap - told me that its head design almost has no bounce so it gets a ball up on the air pretty quick. I bought 52* wedged, bent them to 48* to have same distance effect of a 50* wedge,,, confused ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqFHJCsFBq0fLGw3BQbJSWdeD!~~60_57.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	2918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqYOKjoE1s1RjMtcBNjifZMozQ~~_3.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	2919  

Mongrel... Since U are a great club builder, U could consider a new lajolla Knife 52* head (on eBay for $9.95 shipped) and put in your shaft of choice (I am sure you have several of them around)

Thanks Mongrel .... Cally GBB II - RCH system 55g firm shaft . I think it's 16* (I have 2 GBB II 3W, the other has system 60 R-flex). Not sure the difference in these 2 shafts but I hit the RCH system 55g firm shaft better.

I love that stupid looking Lajolla Knife wedge. In fact I am thinking of buying another 56* (then bent to 58* which plays more like *60) before I can't find them anymore ... Trust me, if we could not hit this wedge with high trajectory then we should give up golf. My friend - a PGA professional , 2 cap - told me that its head design almost has no bounce so it gets a ball up on the air pretty quick. I bought 52* wedged, bent them to 48* to have same distance effect of a 50* wedge,,, confused ???
    I already have a 58* with no discernable bounce. A Ram Tom Watson Troon Grind. Off the tighest lies, it is wonderful. However, I can't hit reliable shots with it that involve half or three quarter swings or pitch or chip reliably out of rough so it is out of the bag. Replacing it is my old Mizuno MP Series 58* with 10* bounce. I had it bent 2.5* flat and now it is really good chipping, pitching and almost full shots to 50-60 yards. I can hit it very high with lots of spin and hangtime or close the face a bit and hit low spinners. I had my 52* Vokey bent 2* flat also and it has made a world of difference.

I just started experimenting with an old Cally BB Steelhead 3 wood that FD was kind enough to send me. It came with RCH 99 firm flex and I pulled that one and put a Nicklaus R flex made by Fujikura (probably a Vista Pro 60) in it. I really like that little head and had no problem getting the ball up off the tee or out of thin rough. I was hitting it about 200 into a stiff wind Friday morning and about 225-230 downwind. Then I went and measured its swingweight that came out to C-6 so I epoxied a 5 gram tip weight into the tip of the shaft to get it to D-0. Problem was that the shaft rattled when I tapped the butt on the floor so I pulled that one yesterday morning and re-installed the RCH in it after FLOing it about 10 degrees off where it was installed at the factory. It had a dreadful Lamkin grip on it and I put a GP Tour Wrap on it. Hit it off the rubber mats yesterday and am going out now to hit it off turf.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post

Problem was that the shaft rattled when I tapped the butt on the floor so I pulled that one yesterday morning and re-installed the RCH in it after FLOing it about 10 degrees off where it was installed at the factory.
    I believe what U heard is a small piece of epoxy that came loose and made rattled sound. It happened to my Cally 2004 BB driver, I took it in to Dick's Sporting Goods and my PGA professional "friend" just used a heat gun and heated the head - way from the hosel - Epoxy melted and bonded to the inside head, at the lowest point away from the hosel... Problem solved in a few minutes

I don't care if FD is a greatest ball striker a not, but for sure he's a decent human being... The next time I go to SD I will get him and Lerry out on a golf course and let FD beat the sh$$$$t out of me

I believe what U heard is a small piece of epoxy that came loose and made rattled sound. It happened to my Cally 2004 BB driver, I took it in to Dick's Sporting Goods and my PGA professional "friend" just used a heat gun and heated the head - way from the hosel - Epoxy melted and bonded to the inside head, at the lowest point away from the hosel... Problem solved in a few minutes

I don't care if FD is a greatest ball striker a not, but for sure he's a decent human being... The next time I go to SD I will get him and Lerry out on a golf course and let FD beat the sh$$$$t out of me
    No, it was the remaining plastic borethrough pin and the weight rod I'd epoxied into it. A few minutes ago I rememdied that by drilling a hole in the end of the grip and they fell out. I hit the Steelhead with the stock shaft in it at the field earlier into and with similar winds that I had Friday. The stock shaft is heavier and stiffer and doesn't have the "pop" that the lighter Fuji had some that one is going back in despite the woman's and children's swingweight. Screw it.

Thread Information