|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Titleist 710 MB Blades with KBS Tour

Ooh La La! After my scramble tournament yesterday I went to the Galaxy and saw a used set of Titleist 710 MB blades, KBS Tour shafts and Titleist grips. I'd rate them a 9/10 with no rusting or browning on the faces. First, I tried out some Mizuno MX-19 irons and then some Ping G10 irons.

When I hit the Titleist MB irons I was expecting for them to feel harsh and be shorter. WRONG! I was pounding the 7 iron 165 yards! That's damn long for me. Plus, the feel was second to none....absolutely perfect. The price was a little high for me but lower than what I see a set go for on Ebay...$405. I might just have to pull the trigger.

It's one thing to be the best ballstriker and reigning GR International champion but it's another to do all of that with a set of blades.

I think the KBS Tour shaft is what makes the difference with these. Much softer and responsive feeling than Dynamic Gold and it made the shots feel like butter melting over a bauguette.

Have fun hitting high uncontrollable hooks with the KBS Tours. Your shots will feel awesome but land OB.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Have fun hitting high uncontrollable hooks with the KBS Tours. Your shots will feel awesome but land OB.
    Listen punk, when I want your opinion I'll give it to you. Your brother is a solid player but I don't know you from squat.

As far as I'm concerned the only kind of hook you know is inside the mouth of a fish.

Rookie.

I don't understand why my brother would choose to hang out with a bunch of uncooth bullies. This isn't a golf forum, it's a fraternity house full of immature children. Maybe Horseballs isn't the Renaissance genius with unreal looks and wealth that everyone in his family and community knew him to be.
    Unapologetic Thin-skilled Camel
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

The worlds greatest ballstriker with blades in the bag? You gotta do it FD!

Whilst you are acknowledged as the worlds greatest ballstriker the fact you usually have Callaway or Ping paddles in your bag has always diminished this image somewhat. With forged blades in the bag your street cred will increase ten fold. Switch the Titties out for GFF blades at some point in the future and your street cred will be off the charts!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't understand why my brother would choose to hang out with a bunch of uncooth bullies. This isn't a golf forum, it's a fraternity house full of immature children. Maybe Horseballs isn't the Renaissance genius with unreal looks and wealth that everyone in his family and community knew him to be.

Now I know why your esteemed brother never bothered to mention you. This is an elite forum that is intended to weed out the overly sensitive and weak. Don't feel bad, hundreds of others just like you failed to pass our initiation. The good news is that there's a plethora of other forums that would gladly offer membership to a person like yourself.

If I were you I'd be happy. Sure, you got blackballed here but that's beside the point. You should be excited over the prospect of joining other forums where you can join the herd. After all, who wants to be original?

Because your brother was banging the Mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    The worlds greatest ballstriker with blades in the bag? You gotta do it FD!

Whilst you are acknowledged as the worlds greatest ballstriker the fact you usually have Callaway or Ping paddles in your bag has always diminished this image somewhat. With forged blades in the bag your street cred will increase ten fold. Switch the Titties out for GFF blades at some point in the future and your street cred will be off the charts!
    Kiwi, I believe you are correct. With these irons I will be vaulted into the fourth dimension of existence onto a platform of perfection where only the greats are permitted to sit. They are calling me. I just wish I had one of those $50 off discount cards. $400 is a lot of dough for a frugal golf purchaser like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Ooh La La! After my scramble tournament yesterday I went to the Galaxy and saw a used set of Titleist 710 MB blades, KBS Tour shafts and Titleist grips. I'd rate them a 9/10 with no rusting or browning on the faces. First, I tried out some Mizuno MX-19 irons and then some Ping G10 irons.

When I hit the Titleist MB irons I was expecting for them to feel harsh and be shorter. WRONG! I was pounding the 7 iron 165 yards! That's damn long for me. Plus, the feel was second to none....absolutely perfect. The price was a little high for me but lower than what I see a set go for on Ebay...$405. I might just have to pull the trigger.

It's one thing to be the best ballstriker and reigning GR International champion but it's another to do all of that with a set of blades.

I think the KBS Tour shaft is what makes the difference with these. Much softer and responsive feeling than Dynamic Gold and it made the shots feel like butter melting over a bauguette.
    I have the 710's in a split set 3-6 CB and 7-PW in MB. KBS Tour stiff shaft for 2 or 3 seasons. Great clubs.
    Last edited by poe4soul; 10-17-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    I have the 710's in a split set 3-6 CB and 7-PW in MB. KBS Tour stiff shaft.
    I had no idea you owned those. How do you like them and what is your current handicap? How do they measure up to other irons?

I respect your opinion even though you live in Oregon.

The good thing about that set is that if you pull the shafts, the set of heads and the set of shafts could sell separately on Ebay for more than you pay for them. If you end up really liking the shafts better than the heads or vice versa, sell the heads and buy a set of GFF heads and put the shafts in them. You'd really have something then.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The good thing about that set is that if you pull the shafts, the set of heads and the set of shafts could sell separately on Ebay for more than you pay for them. If you end up really liking the shafts better than the heads or vice versa, sell the heads and buy a set of GFF heads and put the shafts in them. You'd really have something then.
    It may be the KBS Tours. I say that because I remember hitting the 7 iron of the Adams A12 Pro with KBS Tour shaft at Del Mar Golf Center. Granted, it was windy as usual and I was hitting off of a hard mat out onto a dirt driving range. With that being said, they still felt wonderful and I can't help but think that the KBS tour shaft had something to do with it.

But, you know what? I'm going all pro this time. I'm not going to settle for cavity back forged GFF crapola or anything else. I'm getting me some Titleist MB blades. 710 blades if you must know.

I had no idea you owned those. How do you like them and what is your current handicap? How do they measure up to other irons?

I respect your opinion even though you live in Oregon.
    Love them, 4.2 and don't know. I bought them the first year they came out. I tried all of the current offerings at that time. I had good results with the tiity's. I kind of liked the ap's but thought the feedback was muted. I like the fact that the new player irons offered by titleist have the same specs in the mb and cb lines. Making a spilt set is perfectly matched. I've posted this before, I just wish I had started the mb's at the 6 iron not the 7.

I usually stick with a set of irons for three years plus. Being left handed, a lower hc, and need stiff to x-stiff shafts, I don't run into very many used irons that I can use.

Do yourself a favour FD and grab a set of Cobra s3 pro forged irons. Under $400 for a new set. Beat the sh!t out of a set of 710 mbs. The 7-pw blades are as sweet as it gets and the long irons look and set up like blades. Still very compact but will not punish you. Best forged better player set I have ever played.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Do yourself a favour FD and grab a set of Cobra s3 pro forged irons. Under $400 for a new set. Beat the sh!t out of a set of 710 mbs. The 7-pw blades are as sweet as it gets and the long irons look and set up like blades. Still very compact but will not punish you. Best forged better player set I have ever played.
    OP... Play Cobra S2 last weekend and I was very impressed. Ball flies higher and definitely more distance than my MX-23 set, not sure heads or shafts related, but definitely better for my swing

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    OP... Play Cobra S2 last weekend and I was very impressed. Ball flies higher and definitely more distance than my MX-23 set, not sure heads or shafts related, but definitely better for my swing
    Good stuff. Cobra are very underrated clubs.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I have KBS Tours in my Mizunos. Love the shaft feel. Much better than the rebar TT garbage.

I'm actually jealous on this. I've always had a soft spot for the looks of the cobra pro line, except for the year I purchased. They stopped the production of the the cobra pro and hadn't released the S3 pro. All they had was that tinny plastic backed POS, forgred pro I think it was.

I really like the looks of this club. It's compact and aggressive looking. With that said, I don't know how someone who likes the ping eye 2's could even imaging hitting a ball with those small cobra heads.

I looked on ebay. Not a single LH S3 pro of Pro MB.

OP, have you tried the cleveland 588 mb's? I've heard really good things about them. One problem, they are back ordered for 4 months the last time I checked. I love my 588 wedge and if the blades have the same feeling I might have to give them a try.

I've never hit a Cobra iron that I liked but I will take OP's word for it on the S3. It's a nice looking iron, that's for sure. I tried the blade and CB of the model that came out before the S3 and didn't like them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting the Titleist MBs.

I'm actually jealous on this. I've always had a soft spot for the looks of the cobra pro line, except for the year I purchased. They stopped the production of the the cobra pro and hadn't released the S3 pro. All they had was that tinny plastic backed POS, forgred pro I think it was.

I really like the looks of this club. It's compact and aggressive looking. With that said, I don't know how someone who likes the ping eye 2's could even imaging hitting a ball with those small cobra heads.

I looked on ebay. Not a single LH S3 pro of Pro MB.

OP, have you tried the cleveland 588 mb's? I've heard really good things about them. One problem, they are back ordered for 4 months the last time I checked. I love my 588 wedge and if the blades have the same feeling I might have to give them a try.
    I've had a look but have not ht them. The look is certainly classic however I was really put off ny the shape of the short irons, the pw in particular. I'm sure they perform pk.

I've had a look but have not ht them. The look is certainly classic however I was really put off ny the shape of the short irons, the pw in particular. I'm sure they perform pk.
    What was wrong with them?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hard to describe. Sort of bulbous. Very rounded with too much offset.

That's interesting because the 588 wedge is neither offset or bulbous.

phuck me! it doesn't matter anymore. "All clubs available in right handed only" from their website. Cleveland bastards!

Edit:
    Why does bastards make past the screening but ***** b!tch doesn't?

The only Cleveland irons I like are the TA-5 gunmetal & stainless and the CG-2 irons. I can't believe how discounted the G-16 irons are after only being out for a year.

I've decided to get the Titleist 710 MB irons for GG if they are still there.

The only Cleveland irons I like are the TA-5 gunmetal & stainless and the CG-2 irons. I can't believe how discounted the G-16 irons are after only being out for a year.

I've decided to get the Titleist 710 MB irons for GG if they are still there.
    So, did you get the titty's or did you settle for the tin backed S3?

I just wish I had one of those $50 off discount cards. $400 is a lot of dough for a frugal golf purchaser like myself.

Just remember, the Sacramento Kings always cover on Tuesday nights.

So, did you get the titty's or did you settle for the tin backed S3?
    If you had read my initial posting you would have realized that I'd already procured the Cobra S3 irons with Nippon 1030H stiff shafts. That is not to say that I haven't considered an additional purchase of said Titleist 710 MB forged irons, 3-PW with KBS Tours.

Now that I've explained the situation at hand, let's move on to a more exciting subject; namely, my first round with the S3 irons. It had rained the previous night leaving the course in a soggy state. Drizzle was still in the air and a light fog had yet to lift. I was wearing rain pants along with a light rain jacket and a Footjoy bucket hat designed specifically for this kind of weather.

I'm not so foolish as to rely on greens in regulation as a means to judge how an iron performs. Rather, I simply tally the number of good iron shots I hit that day. For example, let's say for kicks and giggles that I have 160 yards to the green. I take out a 7 iron and hit it 30 feet from the flag but the ball is two feet off the green. I would count that as a good iron shot, whereas if I were to go by GIR I would not count it at all. It's a quagmire to say the least.

Now, on to the results. Considering the weather and course conditions I hit these irons very well. They look good at address, they feel good and they provide great distance. Probably the longest iron I've hit. The trajectory is high but penetrating.

I greatly prefer these irons over, say, the Callaway X-20, Taylormade Burner 2.0, etc. The reason is that the S3 doesn't have that clunky feel to it. Also, the stock shaft (Nippon N.S. Pro 1030H Stiff) doesn't feel whippy and has more weight to it. In effect, the club feels more stable throughout the swing.

Now, don't get me wrong, the club may have drawbacks for those who prefer looks over function. For one, the cavity of the iron has the signature medallion of today's GI iron. The club is black, with a grey face and some may find this annoying. I did not.

The club at address looks almost identical to the Taylormade Burner 2.0 iron. It's just slightly bigger than I'd like but this complaint is put aside by the fact that the irons have minimal offset.

All in all an excellent offering from Cobra and it's parent company Puma.

If you had read my initial posting you would have realized that I'd already procured the Cobra S3 irons with Nippon 1030H stiff shafts. That is not to say that I haven't considered an additional purchase of said Titleist 710 MB forged irons, 3-PW with KBS Tours.
    Original Posting for this thread? I didn't see S3 mentioned here at all.

I imagined that you went into GG with the intent to buy the Titty's, got scared to own a set of MB's and bought the first set of SGI irons you saw. Now worries.

Original Posting for this thread? I didn't see S3 mentioned here at all.

I imagined that you went into GG with the intent to buy the Titty's, got scared to own a set of MB's and bought the first set of SGI irons you saw. Now worries.
    I picture you chuckling inside, though in my mind it was a feeble attempt at humor. I procured the S3 irons from Golf Mart. The Titleist 710 MB irons are located at Golf Galaxy. I'm waiting to find some kind of special or coupon from Golf Galaxy prior to purchasing them. I can only hope they'll remain in the store long enough for me to emerge victorious with said coupon.

You were right that I didn't mention the S3 in the introductory thread. A celebration is in order on your part. May I recommend a fine chianti with some fava beans.

Cheers

I picture you chuckling inside, though in my mind it was a feeble attempt at humor. I procured the S3 irons from Golf Mart. The Titleist 710 MB irons are located at Golf Galaxy. I'm waiting to find some kind of special or coupon from Golf Galaxy prior to purchasing them. I can only hope they'll remain in the store long enough for me to emerge victorious with said coupon.

You were right that I didn't mention the S3 in the introductory thread. A celebration is in order on your part. May I recommend a fine chianti with some fava beans.

Cheers
    No worries FD. I was just wondering if you bailed on the 710's or if you went to the store and they were gone. I personally love them but again I'm LH and don't get to whore around as much as your RH'ers.

No worries FD. I was just wondering if you bailed on the 710's or if you went to the store and they were gone. I personally love them but again I'm LH and don't get to whore around as much as your RH'ers.
    I dated a LH whore once, it didn't seem to cramp her style.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    I dated a LH whore once, it didn't seem to cramp her style.
    Good to know.

Just joshin' poe. You know we go way back. I am coveting those 710 MBs like you wouldn't believe. OP said it best when he stated that GI irons are easy to hit but leave you feeling unsatisfied.

When I look down at the Titleist 710 MB irons, it's like I'm looking at a fine instrument that will undoubtedly help me to become a better player. When hit flush, I don't know that I've felt anything better.

The problem with the S3 irons and other like it is that you really never get that satisfying flushed feeling and often times you don't know if you've hit it a little off center.

With the MB's I instantly know if I've hit it off center and I can't help but think that this would enable me to make the necessary corrections and develop a more repetitive swing.

That's what Iron Byron and other simulated tests don't reveal - the human factor. If I know what it feels like to hit the MB iron flush vs. off the toe, my mind is going to consciously do whatever it takes to hit the ball right in the center of the clubface.

Conversely, if I don't get that same feedback from the S3, my mind will naturally wander to different areas of focus.

That being said, is a less forgiving iron actually the road to less missed shots? What a paradox.

Just joshin' poe. You know we go way back. I am coveting those 710 MBs like you wouldn't believe. OP said it best when he stated that GI irons are easy to hit but leave you feeling unsatisfied.

When I look down at the Titleist 710 MB irons, it's like I'm looking at a fine instrument that will undoubtedly help me to become a better player. When hit flush, I don't know that I've felt anything better.

The problem with the S3 irons and other like it is that you really never get that satisfying flushed feeling and often times you don't know if you've hit it a little off center.

With the MB's I instantly know if I've hit it off center and I can't help but think that this would enable me to make the necessary corrections and develop a more repetitive swing.

That's what Iron Byron and other simulated tests don't reveal - the human factor. If I know what it feels like to hit the MB iron flush vs. off the toe, my mind is going to consciously do whatever it takes to hit the ball right in the center of the clubface.

Conversely, if I don't get that same feedback from the S3, my mind will naturally wander to different areas of focus.

That being said, is a less forgiving iron actually the road to less missed shots? What a paradox.
    Agreed, Keep an eye out for the S3 Pro OP spoke about. They look really sweet even from the right side.

Agreed, Keep an eye out for the S3 Pro OP spoke about. They look really sweet even from the right side.
    I looked them up on Ebay. They can be had for an excellent price but, then again, Cobra's are known to lose their value in an abrupt fashion. Also, I can't seem to find a set with KBS Tour shafts. I have come to the conclusion that Dymanic Gold is not my cup of tea.

I looked them up on Ebay. They can be had for an excellent price but, then again, Cobra's are known to lose their value in an abrupt fashion. Also, I can't seem to find a set with KBS Tour shafts. I have come to the conclusion that Dymanic Gold is not my cup of tea.
    Speaking of iron shafts, I am on a new search for different shafts and maybe heads too. Never hit any KBS shafts but am inerested in various Nippons. Have you ever hit any Nippons? Word is that they are pretty soft.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Speaking of iron shafts, I am on a new search for different shafts and maybe heads too. Never hit any KBS shafts but am inerested in various Nippons. Have you ever hit any Nippons? Word is that they are pretty soft.
    As usual Mongrel, you timing is impeccable. Why, just the other day I procured a set of Cobra S3 irons with Nippon NS Pro 1020H Stiff shafts. I found the shaft to be much more astute than the Nippon shaft I had in the Titleist 755 irons. I believe that one was a Nippon NS Pro 950HG or something like that.

The 1020H shaft seems perfect for me. It's heavier than the other Nippon shaft I tried, translating into greater control and increased distance. I found them to be perfect.

As usual Mongrel, you timing is impeccable. Why, just the other day I procured a set of Cobra S3 irons with Nippon NS Pro 1020H Stiff shafts. I found the shaft to be much more astute than the Nippon shaft I had in the Titleist 755 irons. I believe that one was a Nippon NS Pro 950HG or something like that.

The 1020H shaft seems perfect for me. It's heavier than the other Nippon shaft I tried, translating into greater control and increased distance. I found them to be perfect.
    I thought the 755's you bought had the Tri Spec shafts. Did you get another set with the Nissans? OOps. Nippons?

I thought the 755's you bought had the Tri Spec shafts. Did you get another set with the Nissans? OOps. Nippons?
    Yeah, the first set had Nippons and I hated them. The ball flight was too high and the irons didn't feel right. Sometimes you just pick up a set that doesn't suit you.

That's what Iron Byron and other simulated tests don't reveal - the human factor.
    Shiit....They work just fine for me....Apparently I cant hit the ball straight to save my life.Also if I go according to the simulators they tell me I get more spin with a driver then with a wedge....I am just awesome

Dont want to get onto one of those putter simulators then I will be totally ****ed,even tough I consider myself great putter.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Thread Information