October 19, 2012

Overall Rating 5 of 5
    Value Rating 5 of 5

Rate this review?
    Reviewed by: Pato Madrazo , Shoots in the 90s

Model Reviewed:
    Launcher 400

Summary:
    After "suffering" with different drivers in all sorts of lofts and shafts combinations, and puting some of my drivers in the "you are punished" corner of my golf closet !! (LOL).... finally 2 weeks ago found a 400 with a Grafalloy Blue shaft (R) in the "cheapos and used" barrel at Golf Mart San Diego......... and Oh my God !!..... what a pleasure, I almost gave up on my search couple of months ago!!........ also tried the new Cobra 2 wood thinking that was the solution to my "suffering" (lol), but not a bad club, still I'll stay with my 400 Launcher !!

Customer Service:
    Excellent at any Golf Mart store or Roger Dunn.

Similar Products Used:
    All kinds of drivers, lofts and shafts.
    ==============================================

My Bro gave me his 9.5* Cleveland Launcher 460 driver - OEM R-flex gold shaft - because he could not handle 9.5* loft and he loves the 10.5* TEE driver (Aldila NV green shaft that I gave him). I took it out for a test drive against my 10.5* Tit 905R today. I am pleased to say that I hit it well, definitely the trajectory is lower but not too low and I could tell it gets more roll, which should be great for fall season when we have to play against wind. I will use 10.5* Tit 905R for courses with lot of forced carries and 9.5* for dry and fall seasons. I have a game scheduled at Pilgrim's Oak (Mongrel's favorite next Sat 10/27) and I will bag the 9.5* Launcher for the first time on course... Will see

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Is this U, FD ??? Do U know this guy?
    ==============================
    Review Date
    October 19, 2012

Overall Rating 5 of 5
    Value Rating 5 of 5

Rate this review?
    Reviewed by: Pato Madrazo , Shoots in the 90s

Model Reviewed:
    Launcher 400

Summary:
    After "suffering" with different drivers in all sorts of lofts and shafts combinations, and puting some of my drivers in the "you are punished" corner of my golf closet !! (LOL).... finally 2 weeks ago found a 400 with a Grafalloy Blue shaft (R) in the "cheapos and used" barrel at Golf Mart San Diego......... and Oh my God !!..... what a pleasure, I almost gave up on my search couple of months ago!!........ also tried the new Cobra 2 wood thinking that was the solution to my "suffering" (lol), but not a bad club, still I'll stay with my 400 Launcher !!

Customer Service:
    Excellent at any Golf Mart store or Roger Dunn.

Similar Products Used:
    All kinds of drivers, lofts and shafts.
    ==============================================

My Bro gave me his 9.5* Cleveland Launcher 460 driver - OEM R-flex gold shaft - because he could not handle 9.5* loft and he loves the 10.5* TEE driver (Aldila NV green shaft that I gave him). I took it out for a test drive against my 10.5* Tit 905R today. I am pleased to say that I hit it well, definitely the trajectory is lower but not too low and I could tell it gets more roll, which should be great for fall season when we have to play against wind. I will use 10.5* Tit 905R for courses with lot of forced carries and 9.5* for dry and fall seasons. I have a game scheduled at Pilgrim's Oak (Mongrel's favorite next Sat 10/27) and I will bag the 9.5* Launcher for the first time on course... Will see
    Im thinking no....FD usually ends with the self-proclimation of being the best ball striker ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Im thinking no....FD usually ends with the self-proclimation of being the best ball striker ever.

FD is also a meticulous speller. Although I don't look for typographtical errors of spelling mistakes, I cannot recall him ever providing either on these forums.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

I was just kidding about FD
    Seems like this guy shops at the same store with FD

FD picked up that very club at golf mart after our round in September for $24.95.

I think FD thought it was Ok but not good enough to kick the 983E out of the bag.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

No, I didn't write that review. I will say, however, that the Launcher 460 is one of the all time classic clubs with great feel and excellent distance. I had the 7.5 degree with Aldila NV-65 and upon purchasing noticed an additional 10 yards over my previous driver-the Ping TISI Tec 7.5 with Ping Aldila 350 series shaft.

I loved the look of the ISI Tec. Much better than the original TiSi driver. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but something happened with Ping's manufacturing division back in 1997. They put out a TV advertisement of a guy hitting the TISI driver out on the golf course and the claim was that it was the easiest oversized driver to hit at the time. The strange thing was that the club wasn't even available to purchase when the ad first launched and it went on like that for at least 5 months. They must have found some glitch in the design and had to fix it prior to putting in in stores.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    No, I didn't write that review. I will say, however, that the Launcher 460 is one of the all time classic clubs with great feel and excellent distance. I had the 7.5 degree with Aldila NV-65 and upon purchasing noticed an additional 10 yards over my previous driver-the Ping TISI Tec 7.5 with Ping Aldila 350 series shaft.

I loved the look of the ISI Tec. Much better than the original TiSi driver. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but something happened with Ping's manufacturing division back in 1997. They put out a TV advertisement of a guy hitting the TISI driver out on the golf course and the claim was that it was the easiest oversized driver to hit at the time. The strange thing was that the club wasn't even available to purchase when the ad first launched and it went on like that for at least 5 months. They must have found some glitch in the design and had to fix it prior to putting in in stores.
    I believe the early TiSi was subject to face cracking, although, I may be mistaken on that.

FD, I would like to comment on another Cleveland driver you made reference to in a thread a few years back; the Cleveland DST Tour. These are going for dirt cheap so I picked one up with the Diamana White Board based on your comments. I like the 2 degrees open face; it is like an anti left feature as well as low launching (great in the wind) with lots of roll; I am even able to effectively hit a long fade which with most drivers for me is a short balloon ball. Great feel and sound as you described, also.

Not to add to your immense ego,but your constant ho'ing and comments are worthy of note;)

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post

I think the OEM Fuji Gold R-flex shaft performs OK with the Cleveland Launcher 460cc, however it does not feel as responsive as NV green or YS-6+ Rflex shaft... I believe the distance I got was the same (+/-) as of Tit 905R... Not ready to experiment with shaft yet, but NV green would be a good one to try some day

Thread Information