|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Prized Gear of Yesteryear

Post your prized gear of yesteryear here.

I can remember being blown away by my first handheld electronic Pac Man game in the early 80s: The Entex Pac Man 2.

It was also very exciting times when the Reebok Pump came out. I had the all black shoe with the orange basketball shaped pump. You would pump the button and the tongue would fill up with air to provide a perfect fit. If I needed a score, I would give a few extra pumps before my next possession.

The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Great thread topic. Click the link to see the TV ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67-cCKN1838
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Great thread topic. Click the link to see the TV ad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67-cCKN1838
    That is some kind of awesome. Did you actually use this?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    That is some kind of awesome. Did you actually use this?

Yep, twice actually for Halloween. I went to school with the face paint of Peter Chriss and some guy at school yelled at me "KISS sucks". We got in a scuffle and I won by throwing him into a hedge. I laughed and called him a hard luck woman. That's right.

Yep, twice actually for Halloween. I went to school with the face paint of Peter Chriss and some guy at school yelled at me "KISS sucks". We got in a scuffle and I won by throwing him into a hedge. I laughed and called him a hard luck woman. That's right.
    You may have won the battle, but he won the war. KISS does in fact suck.

I recall just needing to have a Bugaboo ski jacket.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post

What year was that? I can remember the triple fat goose craze of 90-91. It wasn't uncommon to see "hammer" pants and 8 ball jackets around the same time.

You're just jealous because you aren't a member of the KISS army. Destroyer was my favorite album. God of Thunder, Shout it out Loud, Beth and Detroit Rock City.

When I was in 8th grade the popular jacket was North Face and then this other one that was bi-colored. Black body with different colored arms. I think I had the red and black one.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 10-24-2012 at 10:26 AM.

WInter clothing....of course....you guys get winter. That just blows my mind.

I'm hoping we get a couple of really cold nights this year so I can go out and use my heated seats. Maybe dig out a sweater.

What year was that? I can remember the triple fat goose craze of 90-91. It wasn't uncommon to see "hammer" pants and 8 ball jackets around the same time.
    I want to say mid-late 80's.
    I never had any hammer pants.
    I remember really wanting to get the Optimus Prime Transformer. Then finally getting it and accidentally breaking its head off.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I want to say mid-late 80's.
    I never had any hammer pants.
    I remember really wanting to get the Optimus Prime Transformer. Then finally getting it and accidentally breaking its head off.
    I loved the Transformers. That song at the end of the cartoon was pretty awesome. The one thing that always bothered me about Transformers was that all the robots pretty much had to transform into something the same size as their robot body except for 2 of the biggest ones...One turned into a boom box and the other into a hand gun.

Swatch Watches:

with or without rubber guard.

Who can forget this sweet game:

Garbage Pale Kids

Topsiders

Tyco Racing Cars
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Some or most of you would be too young to know these
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Had a P Chem class in college that required we learn both ends of the computing spectrum, slide rules and computers.

My first computing platform:

Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Oh yeah, and these were totally awesome.

Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat View Post
    Oh yeah, and these were totally awesome.

You had the 'sport' walkman? You spoilt, lucky bastardo. I had to settle for the standard model.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

RIP twinkies and ding dongs. After the announcement today Hostess is closing its doors there's been a run on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    You had the 'sport' walkman? You spoilt, lucky bastardo. I had to settle for the standard model.
    Freshman year in HS I had the ultra expensive walkman from Sony. I think it was just over $200 which was a lot of money back in 1983. The sound was pretty incredible. The problem was, I really didn't use it very often. I never understood the need to walk around listening to music through headphones all the time.

If I'm in an airport or have nothing else to do maybe I'll listen to my iPod but never at any other time.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Freshman year in HS I had the ultra expensive walkman from Sony. I think it was just over $200 which was a lot of money back in 1983. The sound was pretty incredible. The problem was, I really didn't use it very often. I never understood the need to walk around listening to music through headphones all the time.

If I'm in an airport or have nothing else to do maybe I'll listen to my iPod but never at any other time.
    Had my Walkman surgically attached for the bus ride to school. Kinda funny looking back, was under a 10 minute ride. You can swear at a lot of classmates and alienate yourself pretty well in 10 minutes.

Maybe I went to the Walkman after I had established my reputation as an non-conforming, vulgar, selfish prick.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I was the opposite. I wore mine so much I couldn't afford to keep replacing the flat batteries all the time. I bought re-chargeable batteries but they were useless as they went flat so quickly. Eventually battery and walkman technology must have improved because I didn't have this problem with later models. I played it so loud it used to annoy people around me. I remember a lady sitting beside me on the tube in London getting up and moving to a different seat with a big harumph!!!

Now where the f#ck am I?

It had to be done.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Can't forget these either:

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I had this exact one when I was a kid:

I used to get my father to tow me around behind the snowmobile during winter. I couldn't count how many times I nearly killed myself on that thing.

I used to ride it down a steep and twisty access road that went up to a microwave transmission tower, got up to some blistering speeds. One time I was doubling my buddy down the hill on the back, and we hit a really icy patch on the sharpest turn on the road and I couldn't steer - we sailed clear over the drainage ditch and into the trees on the outside of the turn at around 40-50km/h. Knocked us both unconscious. When we came to, we were upside down in the ditch, the sled was stuck up in a tree about 6 feet off the ground. My buddy somehow lost one of his boots, and the funniest part was he was wearing blood red wool socks - once he looked down he saw the sock and thought he'd mangled his foot and promptly passed out again. I had a headache for 3 days, and my buddy walked with a limp for a week.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Holy sh!t. My best friend in high school had the exact same bike. His wasn't in nearly that good of condition though, and it used to leave a thick blue smokescreen behind whenever he punched it.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

What vintage is that bike jt? Looks similar to my second bike the mighty Kawasaki KZ400. I think that was a about a 1978 model.

BTW Kawasaki kicks Yamahas ass!

Now where the f#ck am I?

The Green Machine sons!!!

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

here is my 1967 50cc Honda and my old girl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61489_162209397129816_100000222704475_556492_721838_n.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	2933  

What vintage is that bike jt? Looks similar to my second bike the mighty Kawasaki KZ400. I think that was a about a 1978 model.

BTW Kawasaki kicks Yamahas ass!

Alas, mine's not near as nice as that one either. Its in the back of the barn. Waiting for someday to pull it out and do some work on it. Don't have a camera so I had to find that pic on the net. Mine is a 71 350cc R5. Same as the pic. When I was 17 used to pull the baffles out and people said they could hear me coming to town from about 2 miles away. Went like a raped ape. First bike I went a 100mph on and that was on a dirt road. Kicked a lot of other bikes asses with that thing. Had to watch out on the starts tho cause the damn thing would flip over backwards if you didn't have your head on straight.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature View Post
    I had this exact one when I was a kid:

I used to get my father to tow me around behind the snowmobile during winter. I couldn't count how many times I nearly killed myself on that thing.

I used to ride it down a steep and twisty access road that went up to a microwave transmission tower, got up to some blistering speeds. One time I was doubling my buddy down the hill on the back, and we hit a really icy patch on the sharpest turn on the road and I couldn't steer - we sailed clear over the drainage ditch and into the trees on the outside of the turn at around 40-50km/h. Knocked us both unconscious. When we came to, we were upside down in the ditch, the sled was stuck up in a tree about 6 feet off the ground. My buddy somehow lost one of his boots, and the funniest part was he was wearing blood red wool socks - once he looked down he saw the sock and thought he'd mangled his foot and promptly passed out again. I had a headache for 3 days, and my buddy walked with a limp for a week.

FON
    Somewhere in the Dolomites as a young kid, I found a sledding trail to mess around on when the hill wasn't open for skiing or I couldn't get a ride. Pretty soon a bunch of us local kids were using it and coming back all excited about it.

My older sister didn't tolerate my joy very well and went in search of the trail so she could dis it and try and take my fun away. This was the same sister that injured herself turning off her alarm clock to the tune of nine stitches on her forehead. She couldn't find the trail and demanded I take her there. I refused. So she followed us and appeared behind us at the top of the trail.

She stepped in front of all of us smaller kids, announced it looked kind of stupid for us to be going there, got on her sled and promptly headed down the trail right into the back of a house. To this day it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The ambulance came while I celebrated. She was a monster of a sibling. While she was getting all this sympathy I kept asking what kind of moron sleds into a house?

She was four years older than me and actually a really good athlete. So it wasn't easy for a younger brother to get the goods on someone like that but at that point I had 'em and tortured her over that for, well, I still do. Never make fun of somebody and then sled into a house.

Early fifties Leica IIIf rangefinder camera rendered obsolete by SLRs. This thing took absolutely great pictures. I never used it much by the time it came down to me. Instead, it's value is in knowing how many of my favorite family photographs it took since I was a little boy.

It's kept a lot of dead friends and relatives in my view.

I'm surprised how easy it was to find a photo of this old thing on line.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

Early fifties Leica IIIf rangefinder camera rendered obsolete by SLRs. This thing took absolutely great pictures. I never used it much by the time it came down to me. Instead, it's value is in knowing how many of my favorite family photographs it took since I was a little boy.

Leica had the BEST camera lenses, Nikon slowly got that high quality lenses for lower costs, I believe that made Leica less popular

While most of you were playing with Tonka trucks, I was working on how to get laid. Easy
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a German View Post
    Somewhere in the Dolomites as a young kid, I found a sledding trail to mess around on when the hill wasn't open for skiing or I couldn't get a ride. Pretty soon a bunch of us local kids were using it and coming back all excited about it.

My older sister didn't tolerate my joy very well and went in search of the trail so she could dis it and try and take my fun away. This was the same sister that injured herself turning off her alarm clock to the tune of nine stitches on her forehead. She couldn't find the trail and demanded I take her there. I refused. So she followed us and appeared behind us at the top of the trail.

She stepped in front of all of us smaller kids, announced it looked kind of stupid for us to be going there, got on her sled and promptly headed down the trail right into the back of a house. To this day it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The ambulance came while I celebrated. She was a monster of a sibling. While she was getting all this sympathy I kept asking what kind of moron sleds into a house?

She was four years older than me and actually a really good athlete. So it wasn't easy for a younger brother to get the goods on someone like that but at that point I had 'em and tortured her over that for, well, I still do. Never make fun of somebody and then sled into a house.
    Hilarious story NAG. My siblings were never that cruel thankfully. I remember going down to the mountains in my late teens. We didn't even have skis or a sled we just slid down the slopes on plastic bags and inflated inner tubes like peasants! One of our buddies decided to get inside to get inside 3 inner tubes like the Michelin Man and slide down the hill inside them. He only slid a couple of feet then the tubes swung round side on to the hill and he began rolling uncontrollably down the hill. It was fukcing hilarious to watch. Still makes me chuckle today just thinking about it. He was one shaken up, dizzy mofo at the bottom of the hill.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You're just jealous because you aren't a member of the KISS army. Destroyer was my favorite album. God of Thunder, Shout it out Loud, Beth and Detroit Rock City.
    Right on Fd!!!
    Current ringtone on my phone is God of Thunder. Freaks the mrs out when i get 2am alarm calls!
    Guy i worked with was on a cruise ship recently where KISS played 3 shows and hosted various things on board, halloween parties etc. Gave me their new album before he left.

As a kid i had Kiss posters everywhere, favourite one was of Gene Simmons and when the lights were off the eyes in his dragonhead boots glowed. That was technology at its best right there.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Hilarious story NAG. My siblings were never that cruel thankfully. I remember going down to the mountains in my late teens. We didn't even have skis or a sled we just slid down the slopes on plastic bags and inflated inner tubes like peasants! One of our buddies decided to get inside to get inside 3 inner tubes like the Michelin Man and slide down the hill inside them. He only slid a couple of feet then the tubes swung round side on to the hill and he began rolling uncontrollably down the hill. It was fukcing hilarious to watch. Still makes me chuckle today just thinking about it. He was one shaken up, dizzy mofo at the bottom of the hill.
    I've witnessed enough crashes to know there's just something about a human tumbling out of control down a hill that people find hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I've held my share of yard sales on a snow covered hill. In fact, whenever I get to tell the story of sis' fall in front of her and a new crop of listeners, I then also get to hear about some of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    I conned my mother into buying me the first WHAMMO plastic slingshot around 1959 or so. It was a dirty white hard plastic with a projectile storage container in the butt with surgical rubber slings and leather projectile pouch. I shot both bb's and the larger and much heavier ball bearings. With bb's, I would take a bunch of them and load that pouch like a shotgun shell. It was effective at close range. The heavier ball bearings were single shot long range killers. One afternoon my neighborhood frined and I were walking along the northwest field of our farm and the two brothers who lived across the street were out on our field at the other end with a bow and arrow shooting target arrows. The older brother saw us and shot an arrow into the air towards us that hit my friend in the forearm on the way down. It was a miracle shot since we were about 100 yards from each other and it was windy. It didn't hurt my friend, just left a little red mark on his skin. I was so p*ssed off that I put a ball bearing into the pouch of my WHAMMO, quickly calculated the trajectory, pulled the slings back all the way, and let her fly. The two kids with the bow and arrow just stood there and looked at us probably unaware that I had taken the shot. About 10 seconds after my ball bearing was in the air, we saw the kid with the bow collapse holding his face. My ball bearing had hit him in the right eye. My friend and I ran back to our house and told my mother who drove the kid to the local doctor. His eye was all swollen and red as sh*t but he recovered. This was my first human sniping effort.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

This thread is bringing back nice memories. On the way to school as a teen my friends and I would cross through an apple orchard. One fall day I was walking with friends and messing around with an extre apple when I spotted a kid well up the road in front of us.

I threw the apple as hard as I could. It soared majestically, seemed to stay in the air forever and then hit this kid square in the back of the head whereupon it completely disintegrated. He turned around and gave us this shocked look like wtf just happened. When we realized he was fine we almost herniated ourselves laughing.

I'll never forget the image of the kid's arms flying up in the air when the apple hit him.

LOL! Hilarious story.

Words to live by.

In a way, it makes me kind of sad that I don't have any siblings. On the other hand... not so much.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I conned my mother into buying me the first WHAMMO plastic slingshot around 1959 or so. It was a dirty white hard plastic with a projectile storage container in the butt with surgical rubber slings and leather projectile pouch. I shot both bb's and the larger and much heavier ball bearings. With bb's, I would take a bunch of them and load that pouch like a shotgun shell. It was effective at close range. The heavier ball bearings were single shot long range killers. One afternoon my neighborhood frined and I were walking along the northwest field of our farm and the two brothers who lived across the street were out on our field at the other end with a bow and arrow shooting target arrows. The older brother saw us and shot an arrow into the air towards us that hit my friend in the forearm on the way down. It was a miracle shot since we were about 100 yards from each other and it was windy. It didn't hurt my friend, just left a little red mark on his skin. I was so p*ssed off that I put a ball bearing into the pouch of my WHAMMO, quickly calculated the trajectory, pulled the slings back all the way, and let her fly. The two kids with the bow and arrow just stood there and looked at us probably unaware that I had taken the shot. About 10 seconds after my ball bearing was in the air, we saw the kid with the bow collapse holding his face. My ball bearing had hit him in the right eye. My friend and I ran back to our house and told my mother who drove the kid to the local doctor. His eye was all swollen and red as sh*t but he recovered. This was my first human sniping effort.
    Holy crap! I'm not the only one who did that. I used to buy those big bags of lead BB shot which are used for making homemade shotgun shells and use it in the same way. I also used to buy big bags of cheap marbles and steel ball bearings for long range killing. I'd load up my two pocket fanny pack with a nice quantity of each before leaving the house and just plink at whatever targets of opportunity presented themselves on my journeys. I mutilated a good many road signs in my neighborhood.

BTW, hitting a target at 100yds with a slingshot is some kinda feat. Impressive.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

This thread is bringing back nice memories. On the way to school as a teen my friends and I would cross through an apple orchard. One fall day I was walking with friends and messing around with an extre apple when I spotted a kid well up the road in front of us.

I threw the apple as hard as I could. It soared majestically, seemed to stay in the air forever and then hit this kid square in the back of the head whereupon it completely disintegrated. He turned around and gave us this shocked look like wtf just happened. When we realized he was fine we almost herniated ourselves laughing.

I'll never forget the image of the kid's arms flying up in the air when the apple hit him.
    Oh man, that takes me back. There were so many crabapple trees in my neighborhood growing up. Every autumn a whole bunch of us neighborhood kids would have huge apple fights - actually they were more like wars.

The best apples were these huge August apples that used to grow everywhere. They're not fully solid like a normal apple, the meaty part is kind of thin and the middles are quite hollow. They make one serious mess on impact.

One year our apple wars escalated into an arms race when I innovated the stick sling for launching them. Just find a really flexible stick (the best was chokecherry) and cut a sprig about 1cm thick by just under 1m long and stab it into the heart of the apple. It took some practice, but once you figured out how to control the release you basically had an apple artillery launcher with about 4x the range of a normal throw. Great for lobbing at opponents who were out of normal range and behind cover so we could flush them out into a waiting close range ambush.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Damn. All we used to do is throw tomatoes at cars just speeding up from town.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature View Post
    Oh man, that takes me back. There were so many crabapple trees in my neighborhood growing up. Every autumn a whole bunch of us neighborhood kids would have huge apple fights - actually they were more like wars.

The best apples were these huge August apples that used to grow everywhere. They're not fully solid like a normal apple, the meaty part is kind of thin and the middles are quite hollow. They make one serious mess on impact.

One year our apple wars escalated into an arms race when I innovated the stick sling for launching them. Just find a really flexible stick (the best was chokecherry) and cut a sprig about 1cm thick by just under 1m long and stab it into the heart of the apple. It took some practice, but once you figured out how to control the release you basically had an apple artillery launcher with about 4x the range of a normal throw. Great for lobbing at opponents who were out of normal range and behind cover so we could flush them out into a waiting close range ambush.

FON
    As I think back on my crew, none of us were capable of Leonardo da Vinci type innovation. So kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The older brother saw us and shot an arrow into the air towards us that hit my friend in the forearm on the way down. It was a miracle shot since we were about 100 yards from each other and it was windy. It didn't hurt my friend, just left a little red mark on his skin. I was so p*ssed off that I put a ball bearing into the pouch of my WHAMMO, quickly calculated the trajectory, pulled the slings back all the way, and let her fly. The two kids with the bow and arrow just stood there and looked at us probably unaware that I had taken the shot. About 10 seconds after my ball bearing was in the air, we saw the kid with the bow collapse holding his face. My ball bearing had hit him in the right eye. My friend and I ran back to our house and told my mother who drove the kid to the local doctor. His eye was all swollen and red as sh*t but he recovered. This was my first human sniping effort.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

I had a Leica cl I commandeered from my dad. With 2 lens. Great little camera.
    In high school I was the yearbook photographer, and used the Nikon f and later I bought an f2 and an f4.
    Now Im pretty happy with the G9 canon that reminds of the Leica.
    The Epson printer I bought stylus 1400 is amazing.
    I still have an old Nikon with a great lens , that rarely gets used .
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    Famous Spanish surrealist's charcoal drawing of the Andean camelid circa 1937. Reputed to be in the collection of the late Michael Jackson who had an affinity for the animals.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Good stuff fellas.

I remember before the walkman came out, there where the dudes who used to carry the huge boom boxes with like 12 D batteries around on their shoulder...they tended to be breakdancers.

The discman wasn't nearly as useful as the walkman. The portable cd players were so sensitive to movement, they would skip if you walked too close to them. There real benefit was in cars. It seems like it took forever for automobile makers to put cd players standard in vehicles, and almost everyone I knew drove around with a discman sitting on the center arm rest/console, connected into the radio via wires hooked to a cassette shaped conversion device.

Good stuff fellas.

I remember before the walkman came out, there where the dudes who used to carry the huge boom boxes with like 12 D batteries around on their shoulder...they tended to be breakdancers.

The discman wasn't nearly as useful as the walkman. The portable cd players were so sensitive to movement, they would skip if you walked too close to them. There real benefit was in cars. It seems like it took forever for automobile makers to put cd players standard in vehicles, and almost everyone I knew drove around with a discman sitting on the center arm rest/console, connected into the radio via wires hooked to a cassette shaped conversion device.
    Yeah the discman really didn't cut it. The great thing about tape cassette walkmans was that you could record all your favourite songs onto one C90 tape. For example I had a great tape recording of The Doors featuring the best songs off all six of their albums. 90 minutes of listening bliss so good that by the time it gets back to the beginning you don't give mind listening to it all over again. If you only have the discman with only one album in it that's 30 minutes listening at most, maybe less by the time you skip the lame songs. The discman was a fail but later the car stereos with 5 or more CDs rocked! Using the same analogy I would just load all six Doors albums, hit the shuffle play and sit back and enjoy the ride. Pure bliss!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah the discman really didn't cut it. The great thing about tape cassette walkmans was that you could record all your favourite songs onto one C90 tape. For example I had a great tape recording of The Doors featuring the best songs off all six of their albums. 90 minutes of listening bliss so good that by the time it gets back to the beginning you don't give mind listening to it all over again. If you only have the discman with only one album in it that's 30 minutes listening at most, maybe less by the time you skip the lame songs. The discman was a fail but later the car stereos with 5 or more CDs rocked! Using the same analogy I would just load all six Doors albums, hit the shuffle play and sit back and enjoy the ride. Pure bliss!
    I have the Door's greatest hits but I'll be the first to say that I think they were a very overrated band. They have a few good songs but for the most part most of the stuff sounds the same and is mediocre.

It's one of those bands who you are supposed to like because of Jim Morrison, the drugs and the psychedelic sound. In some ways, you followers are worse than the teeny bobbers that follow Justin Bieber.

It's OK not to like the Doors, The Who and even Led Zeppelin. Nobody's going to take away your "cool" card.

I have the Door's greatest hits but I'll be the first to say that I think they were a very overrated band. They have a few good songs but for the most part most of the stuff sounds the same and is mediocre.

It's one of those bands who you are supposed to like because of Jim Morrison, the drugs and the psychedelic sound. In some ways, you followers are worse than the teeny bobbers that follow Justin Bieber.

It's OK not to like the Doors, The Who and even Led Zeppelin. Nobody's going to take away your "cool" card.
    Nice troll but your reputation precedes you. The Doors were able to produce excellent stuff and attain commercial success. A lot of their stuff remains fresh today.

If they wore face make up you'd be all over them. Actually I think Jim Morrison did.

Nice troll but your reputation precedes you. The Doors were able to produce excellent stuff and attain commercial success. A lot of their stuff remains fresh today.

If they wore face make up you'd be all over them. Actually I think Jim Morrison did.
    LOL. You got me. Actually, some of their stuff is good but I can't listen to it for very long. Lately I've been listening to Credence in the car.

LOL. You got me. Actually, some of their stuff is good but I can't listen to it for very long. Lately I've been listening to Credence in the car.
    Yes on Credence. You may be able to relate to at least one of the songs. Oh Lord, I'm stuck here in Lodi again.....

Thread Information