|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
    Jesus - that's a great way to keep it rolling around here.

I wonder is it worthwhile petitioning Francis to get something moving here again?
    We tried when this place was in it's final death throes but to no avail. We were being flooded with spam so the solution was to stop new members joining. Our messages to Francis fell on deaf ears. He seems entirely focused on his very successful mountain biking site mtbr.com.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Yes.. congrats! How long 'til the next one?
    Maybe sooner. I'll be 70 before the next season for my traveling club begins. The first member to ace a hole wins $300 so I will be taking dead aim on all the par 3's that I have a club I have confidence in when I put the tee in the ground. I will not forget the 9 iron that did it on September 17. Plus this will be the first season that I will be playing the same irons with the same shafts for more than a few months. Odds are good. Ford is in his flivver.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Boomhauer....yes......
    GR lives...

Hello fellow survivalists...
    Merry Christmas to all.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Merry Christmas....Happy New Year and god bless President Trump.

Remember to grab 'em by the p,ussy.
    GR lives...

Holy crap!! I couldn't get on here forever and I guess I stopped trying after awhile. Last time I was here Dorkman was dead, Larry was doing Tai Chi, and Qtong had abandoned his guests after 6 holes. Beautiful stuff.
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

Sup. I think it's safe to assume the following.

Larry is dead. Likely cause is an extreme orgasm/heart attack shortly after the election.
    Qtong is deported.
    Dorkman is still correcting grammar and not getting jokes, somewhere on the internet.

BTW, Masters Reunion weekend is in the books.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

The first Second Horseman of the Apocalypse has arrived. Sergio Garcia won the Masters. Good thing I've been a practicing prepper since GR's death. I always expected a meteor strike or mega volcano, but the Biblical thing is fine too.
    Of course this means my militant indifference to any and all religiousness is going to send me to Christian hell. I always thought the Scientologists were right all along.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I was in Africa for the entire tournament, so I didn't see a single shot played. I never would have guessed Sergio could pull it off.

I planned to play a lot of golf this year, but, surprise surprise, I'm moving again this July to work in a new Unit. Maybe next year!
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Global shifts are often preceded by a happening that is beyond improbable and can't happen again. If we've learned anything these last couple of years it's that #600 in the rankings can win if he gets hot. It's just the nature of golf.

Hey Cargo Putter, now you get to watch as my Patriots show Bengal fans what they had in Burkhead. Always interesting to see from which poorly run teams the Pats get the most undervalued assets. Prepare for more Brady....
    GR lives...

You just know Belichick was salivating over Burkhead. There are only a handful of shifty white dudes in the NFL and the Patriots attract them all. Looking forward to a 5 win season. The Browns will be better than the Bengals by 2018. The fact that Pacman is still on the team has shaken my fandom. There is only 1 player on the team remotely likeable and that is AJ Green. Too bad he's locked in on the Bengals for several years. He would be a world-beater on another team.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I've long hoped the Bengals could put together the kind of team that could make it to the Super Bowl. Who would choose to have the Patriots be their favorite team? But...in America (US, not all those other countries in America who aren't American) winning comes first. So I suffer in silence as a Pats fan. And I'm not saying that guy should have hung himself but...if anyone should hang themselves he should have.

My mind came back to this place when yesterday it was announced Epicski would shut down. Epicski has been a website started even before this one that had a huge following up until shutdown. It wasn't fun like GR, it was more for me about information, meet ups, conditions, venues, backcountry, avalanche, instruction, technique and other useful things. In fact the people there were mostly confirmed nerds. I never fit in but again it was informative in a way that's necessary for skiing.

Turns out the owners of the site migrated it's platform to a company whose site would host kind of. Well, they got acquired and the site got shut down. The cost of data transport is apparently prohibitive but I don't know that business. But in any event the site is dead in 24 hours.

While for me it was useful, for many it was like their life I guess. People met their wives on it. I'm getting old. We all are. Although I did ski 115 days this year.
    GR lives...

Someone mention my name? Is this introspective Zo again? Must have just dumped a girlfriend.
    Me? Still finding creative uses for 6-pocketed shorts. New for 2017 is lip balm. Left cargo pocket. Rufies are in the right.
    I'm a baller for real

Thread Information