fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Count me in HB.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

This is it boys. Our epic GR reunion week for the US Open. HB checking in!
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Got a message from Kiwi. Thanks mate ;)
    Definitely in on a reunion thread. I miss the old crowd and all the fun we had.
    The US Open should be a real test this week. We'll find out who the real sooky wingers are this week. Top of my list should Blubba then maybe Zac.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

G'day All
    Got the same message from Kiwi Op. Lucky guess signing in after how many years? Probably appropriate to be back on seen as the Kangas are smashin it this year in the AFL!
    I've already informed Kiwi he shamed me into quitting golf, but a rematch could be on the cards one day. If not I will take him on a 200k bike ride for making me feel ashamed of the beating I took...
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    G'day All
    Got the same message from Kiwi Op. Lucky guess signing in after how many years? Probably appropriate to be back on seen as the Kangas are smashin it this year in the AFL!
    I've already informed Kiwi he shamed me into quitting golf, but a rematch could be on the cards one day. If not I will take him on a 200k bike ride for making me feel ashamed of the beating I took...
    Glad to see to remembered your password RB.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Ok a bit off topic but what do you guys think of Bedwetters (Leadbetter) new 'A' swing? Looks totally retarded to me. He's taken Lydia Ko and the beautiful swing her NZ coach had trained her since she was 5 years old and has turned her into a female version of Jim Furyk. WTF!

She's still doing Ok, I guess with that much natural talent she will be successful with any swing but he could do her some serious harm in the long run.

Anyway I don't expect any of you to reply. I'm just hoping tonyj5 will have the inside word on Lydia Ko's swing changes. ;)

Now where the f#ck am I?

You gave golf away Rooboy!!
    Man I can't imagine that. Nice to see you joining in though.
    Kiwi I haven't seen Lydia swinging it lately. Never been a fan of Bedwetter either. Not really a fan of any of those hangers ons though. As they say, "if you can't do, teach".
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Wonder if we can get Larry and Alan G Baker on board.
    That would give this reunion some cred!

Howdy all!

We've missed so much that would have been fantastic to view through the prism of GR. If Lary is still alive, we'd be bombarded with hourly Trump hero worship. Golf in the Olympics. Zika. That gorilla who got iced at the Cincinnati Zoo. The rise of Jordan Speith then, Speith, choker? Tiger dumping 3 wedges in the water.
    Anyway, it's good to see you guys back. I went back in the archives and checked out some of the old stuff. GR was unbelievably good conversation. It's pathetic to say that I've dearly missed it, but unfortunately, I don't believe we can ever get it back. Tried my hand at golfwrx for a little while, but they didn't approve the Horseballs handle. Registered under a different name but never really got into it. Seems like that place is just chock full of "experts" who are generally teenagers with google. I got blasted by a moderator for calling someone a Tiger sycophant which a lot more tame than I wanted to be.
    I would love to see Rory and Jason Day on form this week. IMO, they are 2 most talented players in this generation. I know he's no fluke, but Speith seems like flukey. He's all putter.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

LH, still in Cinci? Walden? I'm still at the SPCC. Playing in Kenwood's member-guest this weekend.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Everything about Bedwetter seems awkward to me. Even when he's doing something mundane like hitting a bunker shot. I saw a couple of still photos of his "A" swing and wasn't very impressed. Something about that backswing...
    Good to see you, KP.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    I'm sure their internet love affair is going on in some obscure message board.
    Hit any PXG clubs yet? One guy at my course has the irons.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Im still in Cincy, same place. Play Walden quite a bit still. Leaving for North Carolina tomorrow for 10 days. Everything is the same for me, except my kids are all growing up. Oldest is graduating from Miami (OH) in December. Middle kid enrolled and will be starting at UK in August. Youngest going into 6th grade. I am on wrx now. Im pretty tame over there. Im looking forward to another D Johnson final round choke this year. He annoys me. Mental midget. He should be winning majors left and right with that talent, but his nickel size brain gets in the way. He does pull some nice tail though.

I hang out at Miles of Golf now, its a great place. They have some PXG demo clubs, but no soup for me being a lefty. I would never pay $3k for irons anyway even if they shaved the requisite 4 strokes.

I still giggle like a girl thinking of the tai-chi video.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Hey!

I thought I'd made it clear we wouldn't bring that up!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Hey!

Sorry my friend!

Hey!

OK, I agree to not bring up the seminal moment of GR, the raison d'etre for an entire generation of GR posters. Ever again. After this last post. But good lord, was that video awesome!
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Im still in Cincy, same place. Play Walden quite a bit still. Leaving for North Carolina tomorrow for 10 days. Everything is the same for me, except my kids are all growing up. Oldest is graduating from Miami (OH) in December. Middle kid enrolled and will be starting at UK in August. Youngest going into 6th grade. I am on wrx now. Im pretty tame over there. Im looking forward to another D Johnson final round choke this year. He annoys me. Mental midget. He should be winning majors left and right with that talent, but his nickel size brain gets in the way. He does pull some nice tail though.

I hang out at Miles of Golf now, its a great place. They have some PXG demo clubs, but no soup for me being a lefty. I would never pay $3k for irons anyway even if they shaved the requisite 4 strokes.

Never been to the new version of Miles of Golf, but I went to the old version of few times, years ago. Where in NC? OBX? Played Pinehurst this year on a dudes' trip. Probably the greatest venue for a guys' trip I've ever been too, though people tell me Bandon is the ultimate.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You gave golf away Rooboy!!
    Man I can't imagine that. Nice to see you joining in though.
    Kiwi I haven't seen Lydia swinging it lately. Never been a fan of Bedwetter either. Not really a fan of any of those hangers ons though. As they say, "if you can't do, teach".
    I told my Dad about Bedwetter's A Swing and showed him a youtube video of Bedwetter demonstrating it. Now my Dad's not a technical guy at all when it comes to the golf swing but he saw Lydia Ko playing in the women's PGA Championship last weekend (where she came runner up) and he was appalled at how ugly she is now swinging it. Even he can see that what Bedwetter is doing is counter intuitive. He's such a charlatan. He's trying to sell it along with books, DVDs etc. Now I don't mind if it's some kind of crutch for weekend hackers who can't stop slicing with a traditional swing but to change the world no.1 female golfer just to help him promote this retarded new way of swinging the club is criminal IMO.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I've googled Alan and Larry but the only conversations I've found are old ones. It's funny seeing members on other forums discussing them though. Some miss them, others are pleased they're gone. I think they were probably banned from just about every other golf site on the worldwide web.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    We've missed so much that would have been fantastic to view through the prism of GR. If Lary is still alive, we'd be bombarded with hourly Trump hero worship. Golf in the Olympics. Zika. That gorilla who got iced at the Cincinnati Zoo. The rise of Jordan Speith then, Speith, choker? Tiger dumping 3 wedges in the water.
    Anyway, it's good to see you guys back. I went back in the archives and checked out some of the old stuff. GR was unbelievably good conversation. It's pathetic to say that I've dearly missed it, but unfortunately, I don't believe we can ever get it back. Tried my hand at golfwrx for a little while, but they didn't approve the Horseballs handle. Registered under a different name but never really got into it. Seems like that place is just chock full of "experts" who are generally teenagers with google. I got blasted by a moderator for calling someone a Tiger sycophant which a lot more tame than I wanted to be.
    I would love to see Rory and Jason Day on form this week. IMO, they are 2 most talented players in this generation. I know he's no fluke, but Speith seems like flukey. He's all putter.
    You are so right HB. I've occasionally read back on some of the old threads and man they were hilarious! The political thread would be going nuts with the current election and Larry would be all over it, firmly in the Trump camp. My friends and I watching from down under are just appalled that a narcissistic loon like Trump has won the Republican nomination. WTF are people thinking???

Agree about Speith. Unbelievable putting is what separates him from the field. I'm not a Speith hater and it's never nice to see a collapse of such epic proportions but his choke job at the Masters made for dramatic viewing. I remember at the turn I think he had just made consecutive birdies and opened up a 5 shot lead and I remember thinking what a boring back nine it was going to be. That chunked wedge in the water from the drop zone on the12th has to be one of the worst swings I've ever seen from a pro golfer.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm sure their internet love affair is going on in some obscure message board.
    Hit any PXG clubs yet? One guy at my course has the irons.
    PXG hasn't really made it to Australia yet. Not in any numbers anyway. Even if they did I would not be an early adopter. By all reports the performance is acceptable but the inflated price is not justified.
    In my opinion they are mainly hype and marketing which only proves the old adage a fool and his money are easily parted.

Cheers!

Let's warm this sucker up for an epic thread weekend, shall we?

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Good to see you FON.

I have also heard from NAH but he's not sure if he can remember his password.

Now where the f#ck am I?

PXG hasn't really made it to Australia yet. Not in any numbers anyway. Even if they did I would not be an early adopter. By all reports the performance is acceptable but the inflated price is not justified.
    In my opinion they are mainly hype and marketing which only proves the old adage a fool and his money are easily parted.
    Yeah seems like marketing hype not seen since the early days of Callaway.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Bedwetter A swing reminds me of a Larry "drop it in the slot" drill. Pick up 80 yards without ever hitting a ball

OP I was given a choice by the wife, golf or cycling. Unfortunately due to shitty work commitments I couldn't justify spending $1300 a year for about 18 rounds of golf. Also I can ride 100k in about 2/3rds the time it took to play 18. I do miss it, and now i've seen the "A" swing I might have to give it a go so I can fail at 4 swing types!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    Bedwetter A swing reminds me of a Larry "drop it in the slot" drill. Pick up 80 yards without ever hitting a ball

OP I was given a choice by the wife, golf or cycling. Unfortunately due to shitty work commitments I couldn't justify spending $1300 a year for about 18 rounds of golf. Also I can ride 100k in about 2/3rds the time it took to play 18. I do miss it, and now i've seen the "A" swing I might have to give it a go so I can fail at 4 swing types!
    Yeah it reminds me of old Larry's 'flatten the shaft' drill. LOL

I took up mountain biking about the time of the GR raid on MTB Review in late 2012. I haven't given up golf but I now divide my time between the two sports which means I'm not playing as often as I used to. But it's gems like the A Swing that just keep me coming back.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Sadly NAH cannot remember his password so won't be able to join the reunion.

He tried to rejoin under a different name but the problem with joining which killed this site persists.

He sends his regards to all and will follow the action.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Whoa, check out this crowd! Put a smile on my face to see some of these names.

Thanks to Kiwi for the PM. I miss understood his message and thought you guys were planning an actual meet up at the US Open on another Forum or something, so told him I wasn't going to be able to make it. Duh. I should be able to join in on some of the conversation thi)weekend, but I'm so far out of the game lately I don't know what's going on. I played golf twice this year (84 82), which is almost as much as last year. I might be able to squeeze in a couple rounds in late October, but it's doubtful.

Who's this Bedwetter guy?

I'll see if I can reset NAH's password so he can log in.

Update: I can't reset his password. Tell him to register for a new account, and let me know the exact username. I can put him in a different User Group, which might bypass the E-mail Confirmation.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    Whoa, check out this crowd! Put a smile on my face to see some of these names.

Thanks to Kiwi for the PM. I miss understood his message and thought you guys were planning an actual meet up at the US Open on another Forum or something, so told him I wasn't going to be able to make it. Duh. I should be able to join in on some of the conversation thi)weekend, but I'm so far out of the game lately I don't know what's going on. I played golf twice this year (84 82), which is almost as much as last year. I might be able to squeeze in a couple rounds in late October, but it's doubtful.

Who's this Bedwetter guy?

I'll see if I can reset NAH's password so he can log in.

Update: I can't reset his password. Tell him to register for a new account, and let me know the exact username. I can put him in a different User Group, which might bypass the E-mail Confirmation.
    Good work! A reunion without the hacker just isn't right.

I notice DJ is copping some flak after his press conference yesterday. Posters saying he is a dumb as a bag of hammers. Is this the case?
    From what I can see most pro golfers are pretty sharp. Maybe his caddy babysits him.

Hey guys. What's up!
    What sort of reunion is this? First days play in the open and not one post!
    Lets hear your opinions/comments. Doesn't matter if it's crap. That never stopped anyone before on GR.
    Come on boys let's try and liven it up a little

Well OP I had to work today and I heard it got rained off. I'll chime in a little more on the weekend. How many players completed 18 today?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Joel what are you doing now?

Well OP I had to work today and I heard it got rained off. I'll chime in a little more on the weekend. How many players completed 18 today?
    I think only 9 finished or something like that. The leader only has one to play though so Landry is happy. Weather is supposed to fine up for the weekend so we should see some good golf. Greens were slower because of the rain. It apparently was not as tough as predicted. Bit of an anticlimax to start but should hot up soon enough.

I notice DJ is copping some flak after his press conference yesterday. Posters saying he is a dumb as a bag of hammers. Is this the case?
    From what I can see most pro golfers are pretty sharp. Maybe his caddy babysits him.
    DJ is recovering from a heavy addiction to cocaine. I am amazed that he is able to get around a golf course as well as he is. Takes a lot of time to recover.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Joel what are you doing now?

Hey duuuude. I'm currently on a 6 month deployment in the middle east with the Canadian Military. Missing ANOTHER golf season away from home, which makes two in a row. Hope all is well.

I haven't seen any of the golf, but someone told me Jason Day was +1 or something. Not that I cared, because I think he's a twat. I'll have to check the Leader board out in a little while. The time zone here puts me way ahead of the players.

Sorry all for not participating thus far, my cable crapped out on me so I missed the first two rounds, and as it turns out my grass isn't emo enough to cut itself, so I had to do that too. Then of course I needed time for a few cold ones after all the work was done, also did the husband thing for a bit. I think I'm a free man for the rest of the weekend, though who knows with these things.

Hey JS! Great to hear from you. Stay safe over there bud. Just FYI in case you might be feeling homesick - the black flies were pretty damn bad around my area this year, I can only imagine how bad they must've been down the shore where you're from. If feeding the bloodsuckers is your thing, then you probably missed a milestone event.

edit - oh yeah, almost forgot this:

Cheers all, and see you for the third round.

FON
    Last edited by FreakOfNature; 06-17-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Checking in from north Carolina. Heading to oak island. I'll check in periodically. Good to see everyone!

So NAH is the only one who can't remember his password? I guess he really was a cop although just being Aussie would explain it too.

This US Open is kind of weird for me as there are a lot of dudes in it I know. It's pretty strange knowing someone and then hearing how the media describes them. Guys...most of the s.hit that's said on air is just plain incorrect. The players watch recordings together after the rounds and laugh about it. People love stories whether they're true or not.

So right now I'm banging an elementary school principal and a physician. I would have preferred high school but it's difficult to find one that's female and good looking. Anyways, every time we knock it out it feels like an act of vengeance. Does that make it wrong? The physician is an Internest and hot for her age. Yep...none of us have gotten any younger.

Well...nice to see you all again. If you're going to a race camp in Chile or Mount Hood this year let me know. I can't wait. And if anyone has some extra stem cells it looks as though NAH could use them.
    GR lives...

Reference NAH, I have given him Log In Info for my other account on Golf Review, that I don't even remember using. If you see someone posting as "ThatCanadianGuy" in the next little while, that will be Not A Hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature View Post
    Sorry all for not participating thus far, my cable crapped out on me so I missed the first two rounds, and as it turns out my grass isn't emo enough to cut itself, so I had to do that too. Then of course I needed time for a few cold ones after all the work was done, also did the husband thing for a bit. I think I'm a free man for the rest of the weekend, though who knows with these things.

Hey JS! Great to hear from you. Stay safe over there bud. Just FYI in case you might be feeling homesick - the black flies were pretty damn bad around my area this year, I can only imagine how bad they must've been down the shore where you're from. If feeding the bloodsuckers is your thing, then you probably missed a milestone event.

edit - oh yeah, almost forgot this:

Cheers all, and see you for the third round.

FON
    Hey Buddy! Ugh, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with flies this year. I'm living in the Valley now, and they're baaaaaaaaad there too. I left home in March, so I didn't even see them :P. We don't really have many where I am, but they still drive a truck around the FOB and spray some sort of chemical to get rid of them. God knows what's in it, but I hope it's not as bad as Zika. My mom keeps complaining about the nasty weather, so I imagine it's prime for mosquito breeding. Every day here is sunny and about 35. Warm days are into the 40's and 28-29 is "cool".

We did manage to get a Stream up and catch a little bit of Game 7. I really only watched the last few minutes, but was glad to see the Pen's win.

Are you playing any golf, or what? Say, I'm in the Valley now, so perhaps a GR Meet up is in order when I'm home! Did you see the New Cabot Cliffs opening up in June/July in Inverness, right beside Cabot Links? Top 25 course in the world, looks amazing. I hope to go up and play both of them next season.

Saw a few minutes of the golf while eating supper and it looked like DJ was in the lead. Where they cutting the greens in the middle of the round or where they rolling them? I saw them driving two pieces of equipment over them, but I was too far away to really see/hear what was going on.

45. Ok you primitive screw heads, listen up. Although I must post under an embarassing user name, make no mistake this is the genuine article, 100% Not a Hacker.
    I am here to do two things, kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all outa bubblegum.
    Hey Lorenzo, good to see youre still an Italian stallion, at your age you must be dropping viagara like candy. Good to see you have matured and our now banging college teachers instead of students.
    I mentioned to Kiwi that this is supposed to be a GR reunion thread, and so far not a single mention of GFF, SGI shovels, saddle shoes or sod laying choppers. Very disappointing people, you need to lift your games.
    Where are Sooner and FD? It won't be the same without FD trying to be witty and failing miserably. To be a real GR reunion we need the resident whipping boy.
    Anyway, feels good to be sorta back, but I think we need some heat to bring this back to what it was.
    Yours truly
    NAH.

46. BTW,
    I didnt forget my password. I was using the generic 10 digit password and forgot which email account it was under. When I got a new phone I lost access.

LOL glad you could make it NAH. Aren't you bagging POS cast SGI chopper shovels the CG 16's?

Hell even the tour version had a topline thick enough to land a small aircraft on and you're playing the regular model?

Now where the f#ck am I?

48. Thanks for the login Joel, as embarrassing as it is with the Canadian references and all. I think it will be obvious to all that Im not a real Canadian though. My posts appear semi literate (were doesn't have an h in it. I usually hate being a grammar nazi as it is usually just a typo, but in you're case I take pity on you for having a sub standard Canadian education and want to help you get to the first world).
    Last edited by ThatCanadianGuy; 06-18-2016 at 04:13 PM.

I posted a link over at FD's site Caddyshack. No sign of FD himself but Big Dave has replied but sadly also unable to log into the old site. He's posted his email address. Not sure if GA can work some magic?

http://caddyshack.forumotion.com/t79...pen-gr-reunion

Now where the f#ck am I?

50. Yeah I'm bagging the CG16s, thanks for correcting me withe full title (forgot POS). Still have the Betti mallet putter too. I have recently acquired a callt ft3 driver, mainly cause it was cheap and had a genuine Speeder 757 tour spec shaft in it. It should be too much shaft for my aging body in X flex, but I hit it great so staying in the bag. I can still squeeze about 270 yards out of it on our winter fairways, which is plenty for the goat tracks I play most of the time.

What a strange tournament to watch. The rain delays and disjointed nature of the field has made it hard to get into, weird course with a turnpike running right through the middle of it and now at the end of day 3 the clubhouse leader hasn't even completed his 3rd round. WTF??? Lowrie and Landry at the top of the leaderboard. Who? Lowrie and Landry, that's who.

Remains to be seen if he can hang in there but wouldn't it be great to see a laid back, beer bellied Irishman win this thing. On the other hand the leader board is a who's who of the best players in the world never to have won a major. Can Johnson, Garcia or Westwood finally win a major?

The final round will be interesting.

Now where the f#ck am I?

52. Wow, me and Kiwi the only posters in the last 12 hours. Way to build a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCanadianGuy View Post
    Wow, me and Kiwi the only posters in the last 12 hours. Way to build a thread.
    It's like we're lost at sea. We've so far had to pass around user names to keep everyone afloat. If anyone new comes around I could give them one of my aliases. I have like nine of them. I think we should all agree that if we die, we must surrender our user names and passwords. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanics of that as we'd be dead. Maybe I need to watch Inception again.

You know,,,it's also not GR if there's no trolling and flame wars. Now I know this won't be easy, I laid a few out there in my last post and it's crickets. Maybe I've lost my touch.

Seeing I made 12,000 posts here kind of makes me wonder what I've done with my life.
    GR lives...

Ok you primitive screw heads, listen up. Although I must post under an embarassing user name, make no mistake this is the genuine article, 100% Not a Hacker.
    I am here to do two things, kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all outa bubblegum.
    Hey Lorenzo, good to see youre still an Italian stallion, at your age you must be dropping viagara like candy. Good to see you have matured and our now banging college teachers instead of students.
    I mentioned to Kiwi that this is supposed to be a GR reunion thread, and so far not a single mention of GFF, SGI shovels, saddle shoes or sod laying choppers. Very disappointing people, you need to lift your games.
    Where are Sooner and FD? It won't be the same without FD trying to be witty and failing miserably. To be a real GR reunion we need the resident whipping boy.
    Anyway, feels good to be sorta back, but I think we need some heat to bring this back to what it was.
    Yours truly
    NAH.
    I agree NAH we need to get some of the GR spirit going to make this reunion meaningful. Great to hear from you and the ole schtick still works just fine.
    So far it's more like a bunch of old guys trying to relive the glory days. Sorry guys if that's a bit harsh but you gotta call it as you see it.
    I guess the setup we used to have here can never be repeated. It was a moment in time that we all were fortunate to be a part of. (Well nearly all if you count the Tai chi swing video #nottobementioned).
    Anyway there is nothing wrong with reminiscing. Great to hear from you guys again.
    For the record I am still healthy, still do a bit of hoeing and still play a lot. Thanks to the stupid US handicap system we have to endure my GA (golf Australia) handicap is 2.5 currently so I can still give you young bucks (are there any here?) a run for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    It's like we're lost at sea. We've so far had to pass around user names to keep everyone afloat. If anyone new comes around I could give them one of my aliases. I have like nine of them. I think we should all agree that if we die, we must surrender our user names and passwords. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanics of that as we'd be dead. Maybe I need to watch Inception again.

You know,,,it's also not GR if there's no trolling and flame wars. Now I know this won't be easy, I laid a few out there in my last post and it's crickets. Maybe I've lost my touch.

Seeing I made 12,000 posts here kind of makes me wonder what I've done with my life.
    FD was looking for a log in. Kiwi posted a link to a Thread on CaddyShack.

http://caddyshack.forumotion.com/t79...pen-gr-reunion

I'm on the wrong side of the planet, and I have to sleep at some point. I'm more of a lurker anyway!

Thanks for the login Joel, as embarrassing as it is with the Canadian references and all. I think it will be obvious to all that Im not a real Canadian though. My posts appear semi literate (were doesn't have an h in it. I usually hate being a grammar nazi as it is usually just a typo, but in you're case I take pity on you for having a sub standard Canadian education and want to help you get to the first world).
    You should be proud to be logging in under that username, sir. You can hold your head high for once and pretend you're actually a contributing member of society. "No Drama", as you Aussies like to say.

BTW,
    I didnt forget my password. I was using the generic 10 digit password and forgot which email account it was under. When I got a new phone I lost access.
    I could tell you which E-mail you have registered with the account, if that helps....

59. Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    I could tell you which E-mail you have registered with the account, if that helps....
    Probably wouldnt know the password to that email account. Thanks for trying though.

60. Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post

I almost forgot all the aliases, Not a German is the only one that springs to mind but there were quite a few.

Agree we need a flame war, but at the moment the only guys who have come on board are the trollers, not the biters. We need Larry or BPC, or even Lyle Gay or Pro Status, to come on and take the bait.
    Maybe I can work my old magic and draw Fred from his lair but ot holding my breath waiting for him to drop by.

NAG was one. There were others. I meant to mention the odds are heavily against Dustin Johnson or anyone else closed at the top, based on those who've tried in majors in the past. Can't be closed at the top and must hit a fade.
    I almost forgot all the aliases, Not a German is the only one that springs to mind but there were quite a few.

Agree we need a flame war, but at the moment the only guys who have come on board are the trollers, not the biters. We need Larry or BPC, or even Lyle Gay or Pro Status, to come on and take the bait.
    Maybe I can work my old magic and draw Fred from his lair but ot holding my breath waiting for him to drop by.

Hey Buddy! Ugh, I'm glad I didn't have to deal with flies this year. I'm living in the Valley now, and they're baaaaaaaaad there too. I left home in March, so I didn't even see them :P. We don't really have many where I am, but they still drive a truck around the FOB and spray some sort of chemical to get rid of them. God knows what's in it, but I hope it's not as bad as Zika. My mom keeps complaining about the nasty weather, so I imagine it's prime for mosquito breeding. Every day here is sunny and about 35. Warm days are into the 40's and 28-29 is "cool".

We did manage to get a Stream up and catch a little bit of Game 7. I really only watched the last few minutes, but was glad to see the Pen's win.

Are you playing any golf, or what? Say, I'm in the Valley now, so perhaps a GR Meet up is in order when I'm home! Did you see the New Cabot Cliffs opening up in June/July in Inverness, right beside Cabot Links? Top 25 course in the world, looks amazing. I hope to go up and play both of them next season.
    The weather's been unusually cold most nights, and only this week has it really started getting up into the 20's during the day. It was pretty warm yesterday at around 26, and it's close to 30 today. Sh!t, dealing with temps in the 40's as you are, I can't even... that's gotta suck.

So I haven't played any golf since summer 2011, and that was only 9 holes then. I've been bombarded with injuries the last few years, I doubt I could even swing a club right now. Last two injuries were both shoulders, one after the other, and they've taken their sweet time healing up properly. I only just got full feeling back in my right hand about a month ago, had some nerve damage in there. Working on getting the strength back now, probably won't be able to give golf a go until late fall or most likely next spring. I'm 41 now, don't heal as fast as I once did.

I've checked out the two Cabot courses online and I'm really liking the cliffs course, just stunning views everywhere you look. Breathtaking. I think I'd be too busy gawking and taking pictures to get any golf in. I really want to play both of them as well, once I get healed up and get my game going again.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I think maybe it wasn't the best idea to expect the thread to be active DURING the tournament this week, as we're probably all mostly watching instead of posting. With everything being so delayed and rounds being played from dawn til dusk it's been agonizing to try and keep up. I would have been on last evening after the coverage if it hadn't ran so late, I had also planned to watch the UFC event from Ottawa last night, and that didn't get over until 2am local, by which point I was pretty much out of it. My computer and TV being in different rooms makes it hard to watch and post at the same time.

I can't believe GR is still broken after all this time, still no new users can post, some vets can't even log in... this is such utter crap. I still have my old forum hanging in limbo, just in case we ever need it. Not sure I can remember my admin password to reactivate it though, lol. I could make a whole new board in a couple hours anyways, but there's really no point since FD's board is still up.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Ok you primitive screw heads, listen up. Although I must post under an embarassing user name, make no mistake this is the genuine article, 100% Not a Hacker.
    Yours truly
    NAH.
    Just for old times sake, and because you've got a whopping 36 total posts, I say to you:

STFU NOOB!

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

2016 US Open

So on the subject of the tournament for the final round, I think this Lowry guy will win it if he shoots even or better today. I'd wager most of the top guys will be stagnant at best, some will likely choke their way out of contention by the turn. I could see DJ or Westwood making some noise, though as history shows both of them have trouble closing the deal on Sunday in majors. Maybe chasing the leader all day will do them some good.

How many of you remember Oakmont the way it used to be before the deforestation/restoration? Man what a difference that has made to the way the course plays. It used to be bowling for pars with all the trees crowding the fairways leaving just a few narrow alleys to get the ball around, now there are so many more options for lines and shot shapes. I'm pretty impressed with the setup this year, the course is playing about perfect.

Time to go watch some of the golf. I'll check in here and there throughout the evening.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

66. Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature View Post
    Just for old times sake, and because you've got a whopping 36 total posts, I say to you:

STFU NOOB!

FON
    I had that coming. What took you guys so long?

67. Pretty dead here. Ive been trying to get some trolling going over on wrx, looks like tjats where tje action is.

Which hole was the controversial one where the ball moved when he was putting? I saw one live early in the round and the commentators thought it was fine. Was there another one later?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Which hole was the controversial one where the ball moved when he was putting? I saw one live early in the round and the commentators thought it was fine. Was there another one later?
    That was the one. Forget which hole. I would say that the USGA is a bunch of rancid c*nts but that would be an insult to vaginas everywhere. Earlier in the tournament, the commentators had on the president of the USGA. A woman with long red hair clearly in the Menopausal Era and dressed like a twenty-something. With a voice and delivery like a condescending elementary school teacher. Reminded me of Hilary Clinton speech patterns. And late this afternoon they had on a USGA worm-like male mealy-mouthing DJ's penalty situation. Must be a lawyer. Probably breaks 100 every 10th round using a foot wedge when no one else is looking.

And then there is Fox. Kudos for good camera work and the groovy special effects like the split screens, electronic distance and pit markers, the the Pro Tracers or whatever that graphics software is. Now on the matter of the on-air talent or lack thereof, Azinger won one major not named "Masters", "U.S. Open", or "British Open". Minimal creds when compared to Johnny Miller and Nick Faldo. Brad Faxon and Joe Buck rounded out the most boring Major announcers I can recall with their constant reminders to the viewers how suspect some of the leaders' putting was and how certain spots on the fairways and greens were impossible to play from. Made me yearn for the old days when us Yanks could watch the British Open only from the BBC feed with competent and restrained personalities.

Anyway, I'm glad DJ finally got his Major and hope his coke cravings are lessening in both frequency and severity. Its been decades for me and it is a *****.

P.S.-- Kudos for a couple of DJ's peers for getting on social media before the tournament ended to blast and chide the USGA. I saw Jordan and Rory and Ricky. Maybe there were more.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

That was the 5th hole. He was setting up to hit his putt when the ball moved. Official comes over, asks if he caused the ball to move, DJ is adamant that no, he did not. Official rules no penalty, play it from where it lies.

The controversy IMO is all on that weasel who joined the crew in the 18th tower, who in spite of saying he had no directly conclusive evidence in support of DJ having made the ball move, told DJ that the incident would be reviewed post-round. On top of that, the rest of the players on the course weren't notified of the situation until a couple holes later, thus nobody in sight of the lead had any clue what the leading score was at the time.

I could tell right away that weasel was adamant on calling a penalty stroke on DJ, he wasn't going to get any more evidence to review so putting off making the inevitable decision was a d!ck move towards all the leaders, IMO. It was almost as if he was trying to reserve the right to filibuster a DJ victory had the margin been down to a shot. Imagine if DJ and another player finished tied after 72, the rules weasel could have hand-picked the winner based on extremely sketchy circumstantial evidence. This could have ended really ugly had DJ not taken it in his own hands and put up what was initially a 4-shot lead after 72. Just bad optics on the USGA for this, and I hope that douchenozzle is made to own up for it in the coming days.

USGA needs to treat calls like this the way the NHL does. The rules official that is present makes the call, and if video review proves to be inconclusive, then the original call stands. Overturning the original call with inconclusive video evidence is wrong and extremely petty.

Good to see DJ get that monkey off his back though, he played some pretty great golf this week from what I watched.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

BTW, where in the blue hell is HB? Did he seriously just pull a qtong on us?

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

BTW, where in the blue hell is HB? Did he seriously just pull a qtong on us?

FON
    Good call FON. I think he has definitely pulled a Qtong.

Good call FON. I think he has definitely pulled a Qtong.
    Are you saying he last posted on the 6th hole?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hello bastards. I had forgotten about a member-guest commitment from Thursday - Saturday. Then yesterday was Father's Day. Lots of bad fathers on this board based upon the participation in this thread. For shame. I may know of a few aliases if anyone is in need of a logon. I have 12 of them but probably only remember passwords for about 2.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

The weather's been unusually cold most nights, and only this week has it really started getting up into the 20's during the day. It was pretty warm yesterday at around 26, and it's close to 30 today. Sh!t, dealing with temps in the 40's as you are, I can't even... that's gotta suck.

So I haven't played any golf since summer 2011, and that was only 9 holes then. I've been bombarded with injuries the last few years, I doubt I could even swing a club right now. Last two injuries were both shoulders, one after the other, and they've taken their sweet time healing up properly. I only just got full feeling back in my right hand about a month ago, had some nerve damage in there. Working on getting the strength back now, probably won't be able to give golf a go until late fall or most likely next spring. I'm 41 now, don't heal as fast as I once did.

I've checked out the two Cabot courses online and I'm really liking the cliffs course, just stunning views everywhere you look. Breathtaking. I think I'd be too busy gawking and taking pictures to get any golf in. I really want to play both of them as well, once I get healed up and get my game going again.

FON
    I've gotten used to being soaked all day under body armor, but that's the nature of the beast. Better than -40!

Man, it sounds like you took a **** kicking. Hopefull you're back up and running soon. The Cliffs course looks stunning, and for NS residents, it's not a terrible price for a top 25 in the world course.

Sounds like there were some USGA Shenanigans going on. I really didn't get to see any of the golf, which sucks. Sounds like a bunch of no name shitties were at the top of the board anyway, which makes for a snooze fest.

Hello bastards. I had forgotten about a member-guest commitment from Thursday - Saturday. Then yesterday was Father's Day. Lots of bad fathers on this board based upon the participation in this thread. For shame. I may know of a few aliases if anyone is in need of a logon. I have 12 of them but probably only remember passwords for about 2.
    So you bailed on us to go hack it around with your buddies, yep sounds like you pulled a qtong on us alright. I hope you chunked a 9i into a pond and sprained a wrist while some hot beer cart girl was watching.

I'm starting to think I'm the only guy who didn't have any sock puppets around here. Not just club ho's on here, alias ho's too.

So did you even get to watch any of the tournament? We might have to give you a mulligan and try to do this properly, say British Open week. Hell, maybe we should just try to do these reunions for all the majors.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I've gotten used to being soaked all day under body armor, but that's the nature of the beast. Better than -40!

Man, it sounds like you took a **** kicking. Hopefull you're back up and running soon. The Cliffs course looks stunning, and for NS residents, it's not a terrible price for a top 25 in the world course.
    I bet you couldn't get out of Goose Bay fast enough when they told you to leave. Still, I don't know how you can handle that heat while wearing all that kit. Out of the freezer and right into the oven, damn they treat you just like a TV dinner.

As far as taking a sh!t-kicking, yeah I took a pretty bad spill last winter down the front steps. Sailed airborne 6' up and came down square on my left shoulder and the side of my head. Thought I broke pretty much everything, but no broken bones fortunately. The right shoulder is a really old nagging injury that I can aggravate pretty easily if I keep forgetting I'm not 20 anymore. I'll be alright eventually, so long as I don't do something completely retarded. I am paying for my youthful recklessness big time.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I bet you couldn't get out of Goose Bay fast enough when they told you to leave. Still, I don't know how you can handle that heat while wearing all that kit. Out of the freezer and right into the oven, damn they treat you just like a TV dinner.

As far as taking a sh!t-kicking, yeah I took a pretty bad spill last winter down the front steps. Sailed airborne 6' up and came down square on my left shoulder and the side of my head. Thought I broke pretty much everything, but no broken bones fortunately. The right shoulder is a really old nagging injury that I can aggravate pretty easily if I keep forgetting I'm not 20 anymore. I'll be alright eventually, so long as I don't do something completely retarded. I am paying for my youthful recklessness big time.

FON
    Haha, yeah, they were really short people at the "New" posting, and pulled me into the office one day and asked me if I would go. I wasn't long saying yes and when do I leave. I got out of there a year earlier than I was supposed to, in 2014.

Sounds nasty. I hurt my back playing hockey a few years ago and It's been bad ever since. Affects me in the gym and on the golf course. And driving for long periods of time. And sitting at the computer. And, and and...

FON
    I'd be good for a standing major reunion. I watched the last 6 holes of the US Open. The member-guest was pretty much a bust anyhow. We finished 4th out of 6 in our flight.
    I'm wondering in the USGA would have penalized Johnson if he was up by one stroke instead of 4.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

We finished 4th out of 6 in our flight.
    Brutal.

Apparently my message is to short.

Brutal.

Apparently my ***** is too short.

FIFY.

Love when the curtain gets pulled up on the USGA. I'm developing a theory that if you're in an organization whose name is abbreviated into four letters, you're an asshat.

Let's see....there's the USGA, the NCAA.
    GR lives...

FIFY.

Love when the curtain gets pulled up on the USGA. I'm developing a theory that if you're in an organization whose name is abbreviated into four letters, you're an asshat.

Let's see....there's the USGA, the NCAA.
    It's easy to take potshots from the comfort of your little hole in the mountains you judgmental, guinea has-been. You never have to make rules decisions. Whether you like it or not golf without rules would never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rules Guy View Post
    It's easy to take potshots from the comfort of your little hole in the mountains you judgmental, guinea has-been. You never have to make rules decisions. Whether you like it or not golf without rules would never work.
    I'm not a guinea, never was. Look, the next time you're on all fours taking it from behind, realize that's the general framework of the USGA.
    GR lives...

I'm not a guinea, never was. Look, the next time you're on all fours taking it from behind, realize that's the general framework of the USGA.
    Is this what we've become? If so I suppose I'll have to start an argument with Cargo Putter about his mom. And seriously, you are definitely a guinea.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Is this what we've become? If so I suppose I'll have to start an argument with Cargo Putter about his mom. And seriously, you are definitely a guinea.
    The way to start a discussion forum today is to couple with an industry insider, start a facebook group, have members heavily recruit and then channel the group to a website rich woth media content and equipment buzz. I recently saw a friend do exactly that successfully in another sport with similar angst.
    GR lives...

87. Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Guinea? I thought he was a wop.

Guinea? I thought he was a wop.
    In the beginning I just figured it would be obvious it was a put on when I was phonetically spelling out an Italian accent. It was all just one big long troll.
    GR lives...

89. Quote Originally Posted by Rules Guy View Post
    First class zing. Lorenzo powned.

Zo you need to get over to The Caddyshack asap. FD has an interesting issue with an old girlfriend that needs the advice of TRG.

http://caddyshack.forumotion.com/t778-fd-is-back

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thank you. Yes...I dropped him big time and in accordance with Rule 26-1.

I'd just like to say it's messed up that you're an Aussie with a Canadian guy's screen name. I mean...it's messed up that you're an Aussie...sure...but what I'm saying is...claiming to be Canadian makes it seem like being Aussie is worse.

That's pretty messed up. It makes me thankful I'm not forced into using one of my female aliases. But you could use one if you want.
    GR lives...

...claiming to be Canadian makes it seem like being Aussie is worse. .

That's because it is.

94. Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    I'd just like to say it's messed up that you're an Aussie with a Canadian guy's screen name. I mean...it's messed up that you're an Aussie...sure...but what I'm saying is...claiming to be Canadian makes it seem like being Aussie is worse.

That's pretty messed up. It makes me thankful I'm not forced into using one of my female aliases. But you could use one if you want.
    It's not my fault numb nuts couldn't think of a more imaginative screen name. I guess he spelled Canadian correctly, which is a very big word for a simpleton like Joel who usually sets his limit at 2 syllables.

It's not my fault numb nuts couldn't think of a more imaginative screen name. I guess he spelled Canadian correctly, which is a very big word for a simpleton like Joel who usually sets his limit at 2 syllables.
    I wish we had a like button.

I wish we had a like button.
    I occassionally participate in another forum where you can hand out "likes". I think "hates" would have been more appropriate for this place.
    GR lives...

No worries, we know who you are. After all, what's in a name? My name makes me seem as though I'm dripping in olive oil. Or maybe taco sauce.

Yet I'm neither Italian nor Latino (thank god).
    GR lives...

I was 14 when I made the account, so I barely knew how to internet. And just think, after all that time I still knew the password.

I was 14 when I made the account, so I barely knew how to internet. And just think, after all that time I still knew the password.
    Touche'

I occassionally participate in another forum where you can hand out "likes". I think "hates" would have been more appropriate for this place.
    Quite so. Having both would be good. It would be easy then to participate in flame wars without taking up too much posting space.
    My username makes me seem quite old when in reality I am only 17.

Thread Information