|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

British Open Week Reunion

I'm kind of already sick of you bastards, but someone thought it would be a good idea to have a reunion every major.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Good idea in principle but it has no chance of being the raging success the US Open reunion was.

Then again HB it would be interesting to hear your musings on what short knocking hacker will win this year's luckfest on another British links goat track.

I see Moobs has shot 8 under in the 1st round!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Between the food, bad teeth, short courses and goat pasture conditions, I'm not sure I'm in on this. I suppose all of that would be tolerable if not for the way the Limeys puff their chests and act as though their mediocre crap is historic and special.

Brexit is just a window into how British fantasy overtook reality generations ago. Churchill was the last vestige of something great. Now the UK is a crumbling, declining cesspool of self impressedness, John Cleese being the only exception. See his rant on political correctness.

People in truly great countries fix their teeth.
    GR lives...

Having a hard time getting vitriolic about the self-important Open when there are no Brits around to incense.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Well, I see this thread was a great success.

I didn't see a single shot of the entire tournament, but I heard Stenson and Phil were way ahead of everyone else.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Yes, it wasn't my best work. I wasn't even around for the weekend to participate in my own crappy thread.

I did have a some highs and lows in the past couple weeks that no one wants to hear about.
    Shot my lowest round two weeks ago. Actually tied lowest, but the first one was from the white tees and was in match play where I'm certain I was conceded some putts. This was from the back tees during a $100 entry game where everything had to be holed. Shot a -2 round of 69. I won some pretty big cash, but it was a net tourney so I tied second (the winner and guy I tied with are notorious baggers who I hate).
    Then last week I shot 81 from the white tees and lost in match play 2 down. Horribly embarrassing performance. I was playing the "best" player at the club from a handicap perspective. I would argue that he's about the 3rd or 4th best, but he came in at +3 to my -6. I was getting 9 (!) strokes in matchplay! That is un-fukking-believable! Impossible to lose, given my recent form over the past month. However, I sucked off the tee for the first 11 holes and dug a huge hole. Came back to tie him on 16, then he birdied 17 and 18 to win 2 up. He shot -1.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Yes, it wasn't my best work. I wasn't even around for the weekend to participate in my own crappy thread.

I did have a some highs and lows in the past couple weeks that no one wants to hear about.
    Shot my lowest round two weeks ago. Actually tied lowest, but the first one was from the white tees and was in match play where I'm certain I was conceded some putts. This was from the back tees during a $100 entry game where everything had to be holed. Shot a -2 round of 69. I won some pretty big cash, but it was a net tourney so I tied second (the winner and guy I tied with are notorious baggers who I hate).
    Then last week I shot 81 from the white tees and lost in match play 2 down. Horribly embarrassing performance. I was playing the "best" player at the club from a handicap perspective. I would argue that he's about the 3rd or 4th best, but he came in at +3 to my -6. I was getting 9 (!) strokes in matchplay! That is un-fukking-believable! Impossible to lose, given my recent form over the past month. However, I sucked off the tee for the first 11 holes and dug a huge hole. Came back to tie him on 16, then he birdied 17 and 18 to win 2 up. He shot -1.
    Congrats on the personal best. Forget about the match play and chalk it up to wearing a shirt that wasn't tight enough.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
    Congrats on the personal best. Forget about the match play and chalk it up to wearing a shirt that wasn't tight enough.
    LOL

Congratulations HB on the pb. Great golf.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thanks. Very up and down year. I just played in a 1 day member-guest and shot even with 4 birdies. Had a stupid bogey on the last hole and 2 3-putts. It was basically a 2 net best ball tourney. Everyone played at or under handicap and we lost by 7! We came in something like T8 out of about 36 groups.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Really great to hear about your golf rounds HB. Now I can get on with my life.

I just spent more on a friggin bicycle than on my college education excluding lodging. But if I figure what I saved not playing golf these last four years I'm way ahead. Have my first century ride coming up on the new light, fast bike. I'm out to kick the asses to those in my group who've had faster bikes in the past and I will be wearing a tight shirt. Very tight.
    GR lives...

Somehow it seems I missed all the fun... well the US open fun

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post

I just spent more on a friggin bicycle than on my college education excluding lodging. But if I figure what I saved not playing golf these last four years I'm way ahead. Have my first century ride coming up on the new light, fast bike. I'm out to kick the asses to those in my group who've had faster bikes in the past and I will be wearing a tight shirt. Very tight.
    Let us know how it goes.

Make sure to Vaseline your balls properly.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Hidden motor? ;)

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Let us know how it goes.

Make sure to Vaseline your balls properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Hidden motor? ;)
    It was pain. 7,000 feet of climbing. I finished but it took me a few days to walk without a limp. Then I crash/slid on a patch of gravel at 23 mph. I know the speed because I had a Garmin. Forgot to turn it off for the ambulance ride and did pretty well on a few Strava segments. Next ambulance ride I'm gonna lean on the driver to go faster. If you've used Strava you know the obsession.

All those miles of skiing and I fracture my wrist cycling. I'm having to learn to please her with the other hand. It'll be a while before I can go back to missionary or even doggie.
    GR lives...

It was pain. 7,000 feet of climbing. I finished but it took me a few days to walk without a limp. Then I crash/slid on a patch of gravel at 23 mph. I know the speed because I had a Garmin. Forgot to turn it off for the ambulance ride and did pretty well on a few Strava segments. Next ambulance ride I'm gonna lean on the driver to go faster. If you've used Strava you know the obsession.

All those miles of skiing and I fracture my wrist cycling. I'm having to learn to please her with the other hand. It'll be a while before I can go back to missionary or even doggie.
    LOL Yes I use Strava.

And I always found I was fairly ambidextrous when it came to that. ;)

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    LOL Yes I use Strava.

And I always found I was fairly ambidextrous when it came to that. ;)
    Can't say what my gf does, of course, but she knows the Strava VC guys and I'm hoping to meet them and ask them if they've given any thought to how they might deal with segment leaders who obviously drove. Here in Park City we just accept it and go for records in our cars, thus turning Strava into a car racing activity. When you see someone going up an average grade of 5% at 60km/hr there isn't much mystery how they did it.
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 09-02-2016 at 04:29 AM.
    GR lives...

Thread Information