|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Marking your balls

Having played a wrong ball in competition this summer, I have now learned my lesson and added some distinctive markings to my balls!! (...wait for the rush of smart-a$$ comments about this thread!!!)

Anyway I play ProV1xs and I mark a thin green line about 2 inches along the ProV1x markings and beyond on either side. I use this as an alignment aid and find it helps, both with tee shots and putting (NB it only works if you align it properly in the first place). I also spot out the ball numbers with a green blob.

Anyone do anything unusual to mark their balls? I know Darren Clarke has a shamrock on his (ar at least did) . There is some other US pro who lets his kids go to town on his balls. They scribble all over them with different colour markers. He reckons every time he looks at his ball, it reminds him of his kids, pretty cool I think.
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

I read a post on one of the boards within the last year or two related to this theme. I don't know whether it was a true story or a "what if" scenario made up to sound like a real story. As it was related, two players were in a tournament and both hit shots on a par 3 where the top of the pin was visible, but the hole itself was blocked from view. When they got to the green, only one ball was visible, about 1 foot from the pin. The other ball was in the cup for an ace. They were both playing the same ball and couldn't identify which ball belonged to which player. They were both assessed a penalty somehow. The story sounds a little fishy to me, but it does point out the need to be certain that within the group in which you are playing that everybody should be playing a readily recognizeable ball.

Here's a weird one...

IG - last Father's Day, I was walking into the golf shop, and there was a Titleist promotional poster next to the front door.

"Free personalization on a dozen balls".

I told them to put my name on my Pro V1x's. Took about 8 days for turnaround.

When I picked them up our Golf Director told me that Titleist would personalize balls at any time without charge for a minimum order of one dozen (12 balls)....

I've lost all these and am considering ordering again or switching to U-Tri's now...

FYI.

Oh, this is a golf related thread. Nevermind...
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgolfer
    There is some other US pro who lets his kids go to town on his balls. They scribble all over them with different colour markers. He reckons every time he looks at his ball, it reminds him of his kids, pretty cool I think.
    Duffy Waldorf. There is almost no white left after the kidlets are done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by goflyers
    Duffy Waldorf. There is almost no white left after the kidlets are done with them.
    Nah, that's his shirts his kids are messing with, isn't it?

FYI I once complimented Duffy on his shirt at The Open at Muirifield one year. As he walked from the 17th green to the 18th tee, I said "Nice shirt Duffy" and he said Thanks. He missed the cut I think.
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

Have any of ya'll tried out the gadget that spins the golf ball around and supposedly lets you mark the ball in a way it takes the wobble out? Seems like a gimmick to me, but just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishgolfer
    Nah, that's his shirts his kids are messing with, isn't it?

FYI I once complimented Duffy on his shirt at The Open at Muirifield one year. As he walked from the 17th green to the 18th tee, I said "Nice shirt Duffy" and he said Thanks. He missed the cut I think.

Duffy had a good year this past year. He finished mid 40's in the $ stat. He was a ninth round pick on my fantasy team... so his $1.5 million was better then I expected.

as far as that wobble marking gadget i'm not positive how that works, but i heard that best way as far as alignment without a gadget was to mark along the seam of the ball, as far as what the seam is one recognizes it by the aligned dimples, when H.S. tournaments come around i usually put three dots above the brand logo

the idea behing the spinning gadget is that no golf ball is perfectly balanced. Meaning that the core of the ball is not perfecly in th middle. By spinning the ball at hi revs the hevy part of the ball will be forced ti the outside as the ball balances itself, it does he same thing when you putt. By putting a line arounf the ball when its spinning in a balance fashion will alow you to place the ball on the green to putt in such as way as to alow the heavy part of the ball to roll along that balanced axis. I dont know if it works or how well it works but that the idea.

Anyone have nay suggestions on how to differnetly make their ball. Everything I think of is already used by someone. I need something unique.
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have a Check-Go, "the spinner", which recieved as a gift. It seems like it works, I have putted better since using it. The one problem is that it takes a while to mark all the balls that you want to rather than drawing a line on them without the Check-Go.

Thread Information