|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Aldila NV

Aldila NV

Hello,

I keep hearing that the Aldila NV is one of the hottest shafts on the tour, but have yet to find any tour players that use it. Does anyone know which players use this shaft?

thanks in advance.

Not sure who's using the Aldila shafts, but I've heard if you want to know what ball, clubs, shafts, shoes, grips and just about everything else the tour players are using, these guys know.

Darrell Survey

I have the aldila NV, and i've demoed it in many drivers, i recently hit it in a r7, Ping G2, Redline, Titleist 983k. And all the clubs performed very well. I have the redline with the aldila NV and i love it. I can see where it could be one of the top shafts on tour.

though, i don't know any tour player that uses it.....

The shaft makes the club - Butch Harmon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think Rich Beem and Nick Price use Aldila

I picked up 5 clubheads from the driving range last summer for people. 2 of them were cheapo drivers. The other 3 had an NV shaft that cracked right above the hosel. Odd thing was, all three were the same brand of driver. So, I don't know if it was the shaft, clubhead, or partially both. But, I have also hit the shaft with various clubheads and think it feels awesome. So, I would be tempted to try one if I ever upgrade drivers. I'll leave it at that.

I used to get annoyed by all the techies talking shaft specs and how this is better than that.
    So I tried 2 nice aftermarket shafts (Graffaloy and Fujikura) and still thought "what is the big deal with these shafts".

Then I bought a used R580 with the Aldila green s-75 shaft in it. And now I understand that some shafts are much better than others (though it can be hard to find what works for each individual). The aldila changed my mind completely about shaft hype. It is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Montagle
    I used to get annoyed by all the techies talking shaft specs and how this is better than that.
    So I tried 2 nice aftermarket shafts (Graffaloy and Fujikura) and still thought "what is the big deal with these shafts".

Then I bought a used R580 with the Aldila green s-75 shaft in it. And now I understand that some shafts are much better than others (though it can be hard to find what works for each individual). The aldila changed my mind completely about shaft hype. It is the real deal.
    I'm convinced the shaft makes more difference than the head in how a club plays. I've had the opportunity to demo the same clubhead with different shafts enough times that I'm certain that a good shaft on an average head will play better than a mediocre shaft (or just a shaft with the wrong flex/weight characteristics for me) will play on a really top quality clubhead.(An expensive shaft can play very poorly if it has the wrong parameters.)

Say Dorkman, why is it that from the late-80's to the present, virtually no top-line blades clubs come stock with regular shafts? I know, I know, you can order 'em. But still, keeping in mind that a shaft like the S300 is too stiff for the vast majority of players, what's the deal? And what if I buy an old set of Staffs with a Wilson "stiff" shaft? Any chance it's really a regular with a label to protect my fragile ego?

P.S.: that guy "Master" scares the piss out of me. Shouldn't he be hoopin' it up with the homies in the 'hood? [Ohmigod - can't believe I said that - heading to the sensitivity seminar right now]

Yeah Keith the hoods in Ireland, are there even any hoods and homies in Ireland? Master's just a kid that has lost his way. After a while he starts to grow on you. Unless you are Gupta of course, that guy hates everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by keithg21
    Say Dorkman, why is it that from the late-80's to the present, virtually no top-line blades clubs come stock with regular shafts? I know, I know, you can order 'em. But still, keeping in mind that a shaft like the S300 is too stiff for the vast majority of players, what's the deal? And what if I buy an old set of Staffs with a Wilson "stiff" shaft? Any chance it's really a regular with a label to protect my fragile ego?

P.S.: that guy "Master" scares the piss out of me. Shouldn't he be hoopin' it up with the homies in the 'hood? [Ohmigod - can't believe I said that - heading to the sensitivity seminar right now]
    I guess they are assuming that someone who is using high performance blades will most likely be a long hitting low handicapper who would want at least a stiff flex shaft. It may also be a fragile ego issue with potential buyers. Also, DG shafts are inexpensive so they can maximize the profit on the clubheads by limiting the sales to an inexpensive shaft. Obviously, anybody can switch shafts later, but it adds expense. I agree, it would be nice if the manufacturers would provide more shaft options. Many are beginning to wake up to this, including Titleist. Check out their site and notice all of the possible custom shafts available.

Thread Information