|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: swing speed?

Question swing speed?

what's considered "high swing speed"?

different ball types and clubs are geared toward players with higher swing speeds. for example, ProV1 and Ben Hogan Apex RED balls are for lower swing speeds, while ProV1x and Ben Hogan BLACK are for players with higher swing speeds. also, do players with higher swing speeds prefer lower trajectory?

so what's the speed their talking about? is it driver head speed over 100mph? 110mph?

I'm not sure but I would guess it would be over 110mph. The reason people with high swing speed want certain balls is because high swing speed makes the ball spin more and if you're playing a ball that spins a ton and you have high swing speed you may not optimize your distance and accuracy. I swing about 120ish and when I play different balls I notice a difference. I really like the V1x, when compared to the regular V1, because I get a little lower trajectory off of the driver. This is especially nice on windy days. When I hit, say an 8 iron, into the green I also like the way it behaves. Checks up nicely and maybe spins back about a foot. With the regular V1, if I don't catch it just right, I can really suck it back. Not something I want in most situations. But, I have been known to play regular V1's if it has been very dry and the greens are harder and faster than usual.

What about people that are kinda in the middle (95-110 mph or so) for example. That'w were I am and it's definaltly too fast to be a low swing speed, but doesnt seem fast enough but most people's standards to be a fast swing? any recemondations as to what ball to use for this swing speed?
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thread Information