|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Trying out shafts in the UK

Hi all,

I am currently thinking of changing the shaft in my driver (I have an r7 with stock TaylorMade stiff flex). It?s not that bad a shaft but would rather have something with a little more control. It?s seems the Graffaloy blue and Fuji Speeder 757 would be worth a look but I haven?t found anywhere I can try them out. I live in North London and have been to all my local ranges and clubs but nowhere has demo drivers with these shafts in. I am not prepared to re-shaft my driver without being sure of what I?m getting, particularly if I?m paying about ?300 for the Fuji, so does anyone know of anywhere I can go and get some help.

Thanks,
    Corbo

PS. Went to Spain last week for my birthday with some buddies and played San Roque, Alhaurin and Santana - great courses, anyone else played them? (I may post some pics later) Stood on the 18th tee at Santana 3 under and finished with an 8 for +1, still can?t sleep. The desire to re shaft my driver is unrelated to my 18th hole aberration.
    Last edited by corbo; 12-14-2004 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo
    Graffaloy blue and Fuji Speeder 757
    Corbo

I've faced exactly the same issue here in Norn Iron. Only way to get to try things out seems to be in the US of A. I get out there a bit with my job, so I always leave it until then, but even then I find myself hitting into nets or simulators. You can get some help by e-mailing these guys in advance with your swing characteristics and stats and what you want to try and achieve (launch angle, trajectory etc). The Speeder is too much dosh to take a risk.

Snowman in Spain? Weather not so good? Only kidding. Sounds like you had a round going anyway. Not bad form in December.
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

Thanks for your response IG. My work takes me to Munich and Grenoble every month or so but I have a suspicion there is only a very limited selection of graphite shafts available to test in these regions! I am in the process of joining a new club, perhaps amongst the members there will be a few I can demo.

It was indeed a most unwelcome snowman and certainly didn’t fill me with Christmas cheer. I had been nailing my driver all day and missed only one fairway and then changed my strategy and defensively pulled out a 3 wood on the last – I nearly missed the ball! The subsequent 3 wood off the deck I creamed but straight into a pond - nose bleed city.

There is a 36 page pullout on Ireland in this months Golf World, I may well organise my next trip to your fair shores – Malone, Royal County Down, Carne, County Sligo (Rosses Point), Fota island to name a few look stunning.

Thread Information