|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

foto competition

i hav very much liked looking at all the fotos of golf on her recently i dont meen things like calf mussels or dogs but propr golf photos.

i suggest we hav a competition for the best foto wood anyone else like to see that thanks.

In that case here are some pics that may or may not be of interest.

This is a pic of the 1st and 2nd (first uphill left and 2nd back down right) at Alhaurin in Malaga Spain, taken last week. It’s a Seve designed course carved out of the mountains that is ridiculously tight but great fun, the photo doesn’t really capture quite how steep these slopes are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1492__2_.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	1034  

This is a pic of the 6th at Alhaurin, you can see some people about to tee off from the forward tees. The back tees where we played from and took this pic requires a 250 carry but as you can see it’s a drop of a few hundred feet, it’s a 565 yard par 5, 90 degree dog leg right. The bunkers are about 320 away and I landed I the middle one with my rescue club (and I don’t hit the ball miles). Incredible hole.

Name:	DSCF1500__2_.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	1035  

This is an approach to the par 5 4th green at Santana Golf Club the same week in Malaga. It’s a new course but as you can see has real character already (and fabulous greens).

Name:	DSCF1513__2_.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	1036  

The short smug looking individual on the right is myself at 3 under par pausing with a friend on the 17th fairway in front of some rather nice looking mountains.. An 8 on the par 4 18th soon changed my outlook on the week, at this stage I requested no further pictures were taken as I marched into the car park to find someone feeble looking to fight with.

Name:	DSCF1523__2_.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	1037  

Quote Originally Posted by corbo
    This is a pic of the 6th at Alhaurin, you can see some people about to tee off from the forward tees. The back tees where we played from and took this pic requires a 250 carry but as you can see it’s a drop of a few hundred feet, it’s a 565 yard par 5, 90 degree dog leg right. The bunkers are about 320 away and I landed I the middle one with my rescue club (and I don’t hit the ball miles). Incredible hole.
    Cool pics Corbo.

We were in Spain a few years ago and drove up to this place to take a look at it. It was about 30-45 mins drive from Feuteurventura (right?) up on the side of a mountain. I can remember we all laughed our head off and decided to give it a miss. It looked impossible. Miss a fairway and there was a drop into a ravine. Was the 6th tee near the clubhouse because this view rings a bell?

We ended up playing Rio Real that day which was a mistake, got caught behind about 1 million Swedes and it took us 3 hours to play 9 holes. We should have stayed and risked life and limb at Alhaurin.

I assume that you weren't -3 on this track. What did you shoot here or were you just lucky to escape with your life.

From memomry we played La Cala North and South, Torrequebrada, Mijas, Rio Real and the Daddy of them all Valderama. I was level after 9 at Valderama before finishing with a 78 (which included 2 power shanks on the back nine!)
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

Great pictures and great round...sounds like you shot one over on a great course.

How much did it cost to play???

Here's me and some friends on a tough par3 at the ocean course, the other photo is my good friend Donald teeing off.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Talking

Nice pics corbo and shooter, were is the course located shooter it looks like pebble beach.
    Feels just like it should.

We were in Spain a few years ago and drove up to this place to take a look at it. It was about 30-45 mins drive from Feuteurventura (right?) up on the side of a mountain. I can remember we all laughed our head off and decided to give it a miss. It looked impossible. Miss a fairway and there was a drop into a ravine. Was the 6th tee near the clubhouse because this view rings a bell?

That's the one and you're assessment is pretty accurate IG although the 6th is some way from the clubhouse I think you may have been looking at the 12th which also has a huge drop. Next time you are in the area tho you must play it.

We ended up playing Rio Real that day which was a mistake, got caught behind about 1 million Swedes and it took us 3 hours to play 9 holes. We should have stayed and risked life and limb at Alhaurin.

Funny you should say that, on our last day at Santana we got caught behind 4 groups of Swedish fourballs who seemed to run after every shot but still some how managed to be incredibly slow. In fact you can see one of them in the back left of my last pic, bombing around with his trolley.

I assume that you weren't -3 on this track. What did you shoot here or were you just lucky to escape with your life.

It is tough and tight but I think it's a mental obstacle to over come which certainly took me a few holes. I was 6 over after 4 and getting worried but finished 5 over for the round which was I was happy with for a first effort. The back nine is more forgiving and allows you to play a more positive game. The second hole which you can see on my first picture I played 8iron, 8iron and then 3 putted!

From memomry we played La Cala North and South, Torrequebrada, Mijas, Rio Real and the Daddy of them all Valderama. I was level after 9 at Valderama before finishing with a 78 (which included 2 power shanks on the back nine!)

I have played Mijas and was a little disappointed although we may have been on the weaker of the two courses I'm not sure. I would love to play Valderama, I have heard mixed reports on it but it a nice one to add to the CV. I think level is a great effort how did you fair on the 17th? I am planning another 3-day trip in the New Year, what 3 courses would you recommend? Ahhhh .... the power shank, a dear and trusted companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    Great pictures and great round...sounds like you shot one over on a great course.

How much did it cost to play???
    Thanks Bravo. I was 5 over on the course in the first 2 pics and one over on the course in the second 2 which was considerably less punishing.

The cost for both was somewhere between €65 - €85 each which is pretty good but bare in mind this is at an off peak time of year and I think it is nearer double those amounts in the European summer months.

The course look nice that photo that your in the course looks really open, great round what was the par and length of course.
    Feels just like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by The master
    The course look nice that photo that your in the course looks really open, great round what was the par and length of course.
    It's a strange one really because the course wasn't as open as the picture suggests and it had lots of bunkers, I've attached another couple of pics which are a more accurate reflection.

The thing I liked about this course was that all the bunkers were so well positioned and very much in play from the tee. I find that some courses in the UK are set up in such a way that fairway bunkers are often no more than 200-230 yards away and not in play for the stronger players who can carry them.

The length was 6086m which I guess is around 6700 yards and par 72.

Name:	DSCF1509__2_.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	1042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1511__2_.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	1043  
    Last edited by corbo; 12-17-2004 at 10:02 AM.

Thread Information