|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Comment on Callaway HeavenWood 3H ( utility)

Dear all,

Any comment on the Callaway Heavenwood 3 H ( 20)? I am going to use it to replace my 3 and 5 Wood. Anyone use it and have comment on it?

Thank you

it looks like a decent callaway club but the name seems too quirky (and feminine)

sounds like an Angel from heaven created it to lower your golf scores

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't know much about these clubs however am I right in assuming the 20 implies 20 degrees of loft? If so, then it doesn't make sense to have this replace your 3 and 5 woods, as they would be approximately 15 and 18 degrees respectively.

I think the 3 implies that it be a replacement for your 3 iron. If you wanted to replace your 5 wood, the #2 Heavenwood (assuming there is one??) would be your best bet as 2 iron/5 wood lofts are similar.

Hope this helps.

This isn't directly pertinent to your question, but I tried a 14 degree Heavenwood with the firm Uniflex shaft and absolutely hated it. I had two problems with it. First, I'm not as used to low profile fairway woods like Orlimars or Adams, so I found the margin for error between a thin and fat shot very slight. I probably had more bad shots than good shots. Secondly, with the 14 degree club, I was hitting nothing but wormburners. Even very well struck balls had an extremely low trajectory, though they rolled well. Obviously, this problem wouldn't likely accompany a higher lofted Heavenwood. I have absolutely no problem hitting 15 degree 3 woods a very decent trajectory, so I have to feel that it isn't all the Indian; some of it was the arrow. Obviously, the club I tried wasn't suitable for me. If you like relatively low profile woods or hybrids, you might like it. For hybrids, I find the Hogans far easier to hit. Then come in 17, 19, 21, 24, and 27 degrees. To replace a 3 and/or 5 wood, you'd probably be looking at the 17 or 19 degree #1 or #2 Hogans, or similar lofts in other hybrids. The Nickent 3DX's have a lot of fans, too.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Have you hit it yet?

I have, I like the feel. (The aforementioned statement should weigh no bearing on your decision).

Go and hit one. If it works, then buy it. If it doesn't, then don't.

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

Quote Originally Posted by rockford35
    Have you hit it yet?

I have, I like the feel. (The aforementioned statement should weigh no bearing on your decision).

Go and hit one. If it works, then buy it. If it doesn't, then don't.

R35
    Don't listen to Rock - he is notoriously biased towards Callaway - he carries no other brand in his bag and is paid lots of money to endorse only Callaway products - they pay him twice what they pay Phil!

Phil is going to be PAID to play Callaways??!! What's the world coming to?
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I don't know about the heavenwood, but I play a 15.5*nickent genex, and it has taken the place of my 3 wood. I haven't noticed any issues with its trajectory either, except maybe off of very tight lies.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Here is the one I refer

Here is the one I refer to
    http://www.callawaygolf.com/en/clubs...ood&sFrame=170
    I am planning to buy the 3H 20° 59° since it had so many good comment on it. Is it a good idea to use it to replace 3 and 5 wood? Any comment are welcome ( As my 3 & 5 wood is quite old now)

Quote Originally Posted by midnight
    Here is the one I refer to
    http://www.callawaygolf.com/en/clubs...ood&sFrame=170
    I am planning to buy the 3H 20° 59° since it had so many good comment on it. Is it a good idea to use it to replace 3 and 5 wood? Any comment are welcome ( As my 3 & 5 wood is quite old now)
    It depends on what you mean by 3 and 5 wood. Do you mean 3 iron and 5 wood? If so, this loft may fit the bill. If you mean 3 wood and 5 wood, I can't see how this loft would give the same results as a 3 wood. I have replaced my 3 iron and 5 wood with a 22* hybrid. I can control my distance by choking up slightly, and it covers both. I replaced my 3 wood with a 15.5* hybrid and it does well. You know your swing and distances better than us, but a 20* loft hybrid isn't going to give the same distances as a 15* wood that is longer to boot.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Qns

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    It depends on what you mean by 3 and 5 wood. Do you mean 3 iron and 5 wood? If so, this loft may fit the bill. If you mean 3 wood and 5 wood, I can't see how this loft would give the same results as a 3 wood. I have replaced my 3 iron and 5 wood with a 22* hybrid. I can control my distance by choking up slightly, and it covers both. I replaced my 3 wood with a 15.5* hybrid and it does well. You know your swing and distances better than us, but a 20* loft hybrid isn't going to give the same distances as a 15* wood that is longer to boot.
    So a 15.5* will cover the 3 wood
    a 20* will cover 3 iron + 5 wood
    Correct?

I have the Heavenwood 3H in my bag, and I can say it is a great club for me. It replaces the 3 iron and I am very happy with it..

My two sons in law and I have a golf game planned for Sunday afternoon, hope we get out of the freezing temps, it is forecast to be 53* Sunday PM.

Happy Holidays everyone and be safe.
    God Bless
    Be Kind To Animals

Namvet66

Good to hear from you, Namvet. Have a safe and happy holiday, and all the rest of you GRers, too! -- JC

Quote Originally Posted by namvet66
    I have the Heavenwood 3H in my bag, and I can say it is a great club for me. It replaces the 3 iron and I am very happy with it..

My two sons in law and I have a golf game planned for Sunday afternoon, hope we get out of the freezing temps, it is forecast to be 53* Sunday PM.

Happy Holidays everyone and be safe.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

Hybrids

Can't comment on the Heavenwoods (yet) - since I tend to like Callaway products I do want to try them, although right now I don't really need to replace anything in my bag. I use the (original) Mizuno Fli-Hi - I have 18, 21, and 24 degree, and use at least one, sometimes more, depending on the course and conditions. There is no substitute for hitting a club on the range; either borrow a demo or wait for a demo-day situtation. I wouldn't assume that you want only hybrids to replace your 3 and 5 woods - I find that although my Fli-Hi clubs do have a higher trajectory than the equivalent irons, they have a lower trajectory than the equivalent fairway woods, which means that I tend toward the hybrids when I want to keep the ball down (e.g., windy conditions) or work the ball (MUCH better for working the ball than fairway woods) and tend toward the fairway woods when I want help getting the ball up (e.g., thin lies, wet conditions, etc.).

Thread Information