|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What happened to Maxfli?

Their tour-level ball, M3, is discontinued. Now their product lineup seems to consist of the Revolution EXT (a $21, surlyn-covered ball), the Noodle, and some cheap 2 piece distance balls.

Have they abandoned the premium-ball market?

Maxfli was bought out a while back by one of the bigger fish (was it Taylormade?). They are now just a shell of their former self.

Speaking of maxfli...

At a golf course, they are giving away M3's I think. All you have to do is buy a hat and get 12 maxfli balls free.
    Just wait one minizzle!

maxfli has a couple new balls yet to be released, one being a Tour level ball. If we still have the info at the shop I will post it.

Maxfli was....

indeed bought by Taylor Made. I have no idea about any new "tour" balls coming from Maxfli. I thought the new Revolution ball was what they were going with this year. But who knows?

just read an article yesterday about Maxfli's new strategy. They are coming out with 2 versions of the Noodle (a firmer longer distance version, and a soft higher spin version), then they are coming out with the Revolution EXT (in 2 or 3 versions). It is a 3-piece ball which supposedly should compete on a performance basis with the ProV, etc, yet it will be in the $25-30 price range, the idea being that it will attract those people wanting ProV performance for $10 less. I never tried the M3 balls, but I really liked the A10 - it was one of the best feeling putting balls I've ever tried, and it had a great feel off the irons with loads of spin, yet a low trajectory.

Maxfli Revolution

I played the Titleist Professional until the original Maxfli Revolution came out, and it became my favorite ball. They discontinued it and sold the Revolution Solid, which played like a rock. Since then I've switched to the ProV1. I've tried the M balls from Maxfli and didn't care for any of them. I was excited to see the new Revolution ball (EXT) come out and quickly bought a dozen. Another rock. I talked to a Taylormade rep who told me about the Revolution Tour balls coming soon. I just bought a dozen last Friday and played them over the weekend. I've only played 18 holes with the ball, so I'm not totally sold on them, but so far I like them a lot. They sell for about $8 more than the Revolution EXT's, but are still $10 cheaper then the ProV1s. I would recommend these balls.

Thread Information