|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I bought Inside Approach for my dad

So its Christmas Eve and I am stumped on what to get my dad. Went down to Edwin Watts and browsed for awhile....did not want the usual balls, gloves etc.

Bought him the Inside Approach trainer thingy. He is a classic over the top,outside in swinger. So maybe it will help him.

I'll sneak it over to my place for a session or two. He lives only six blocks away....

The weather is good this week - sunny and warm the next few days. Gonna play on Thursday (party cloudy and 66F) and get established for the new year.....I'll hit the range this afternoon.

Need a new bag - anybody got one with the Woode system???

Just got my future step-father-in-law an Ogio Novak bag with the Woode system. It's nice and seems to separate his clubs pretty well. I want one for myself.
    I keeps it real.

Just got an Ogio stand bag--I think it's the Voltage. Has 9" Woode top and sets up pretty well with the clubs. Nice, comfortable strap and all the accessory pouches a walker could ever want. Reasonably light, as well. I have a Nike stand bag in good shape, but wanted a second bag for when I travel (and want to carry my second-line clubs). Didn't want to spend a ton, but got a good pre-Christmas deal on this Ogio ($79 shipped) and decided to jump.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

Re: The inside approach

One of my buds got this late in the year, more to flatten out his angle of approach than for the out to in, which he also has. When he practiced with it, it did work.

Putting a 2-3 ft length of 2x4 about 2" behind the ball during practice will also straighten out the approach. That'll also tell you if you're too in to out.

However, I'm sure your dad would have been less thrilled with a 2x4 under the tree....;o)

Quote Originally Posted by jc@bg
    Just got an Ogio stand bag--I think it's the Voltage. Has 9" Woode top and sets up pretty well with the clubs. Nice, comfortable strap and all the accessory pouches a walker could ever want. Reasonably light, as well. I have a Nike stand bag in good shape, but wanted a second bag for when I travel (and want to carry my second-line clubs). Didn't want to spend a ton, but got a good pre-Christmas deal on this Ogio ($79 shipped) and decided to jump.
    Voltage...where did you get this deal? From what I know, this is a good deal.

Have you carried the bag on the course yet? One of my concerns is trying to "demo" a bag by carrying my equipment for 18 holes to see how it works...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott K
    However, I'm sure your dad would have been less thrilled with a 2x4 under the tree....;o)
    LOL. A wrapped 2x4 is a funny thought.
    I keeps it real.

Ogio bag

Pardon me, Bravo, it was the Shock (Shock/Voltage?). http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...TEGORY_ID=3700

Still on sale. I think all orders over $100 are free shipping, so I got a couple gloves or something. Haven't carried it on the course yet, but have it fully loaded, and it seems to carry very well. Carries more horizontally than my other (Nike) bag does, but maybe that's the way the straps are set up. Won't know until I put in some rounds whether this is a good or bad thing. But I do like the way the clubs set in the bag, and it has all the pouches and pockets I could ever ask for, plus it's pretty light and looks well-made. For $79, I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    Voltage...where did you get this deal? From what I know, this is a good deal.

Have you carried the bag on the course yet? One of my concerns is trying to "demo" a bag by carrying my equipment for 18 holes to see how it works...
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

Also check out their Novak bag on ebay. I forget which etailer I bought mine from, but they're $59.99 shipped. Pretty nice looking, well constructed bag for a great price.
    I keeps it real.

Costco near by?

I picked up an Ogio standbag at Costco last week for my father-in-law. I'm pretty sure it is the Vector model but I could be wrong (I can check tonight). The price was $80 and it has all the pockets you could want, including unzippered pockets for a water bottle, scorecard and pencil that are located at the bottom of the bag and positioned perpendicularly to the bag. I may be describing them incorrectly but their position puts them right off your left hip when you throw the bag on your shoulders allowing for VERY easy access while walking.

I'm not sure what the "woode" system is but the top is partitioned so that each club is in its own slot. It is a pretty darn nice bag and, to be honest, I'm a little jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by chemboy2
    I picked up an Ogio standbag at Costco last week for my father-in-law. I'm pretty sure it is the Vector model but I could be wrong (I can check tonight). The price was $80 and it has all the pockets you could want, including unzippered pockets for a water bottle, scorecard and pencil that are located at the bottom of the bag and positioned perpendicularly to the bag. I may be describing them incorrectly but their position puts them right off your left hip when you throw the bag on your shoulders allowing for VERY easy access while walking.

I'm not sure what the "woode" system is but the top is partitioned so that each club is in its own slot. It is a pretty darn nice bag and, to be honest, I'm a little jealous.
    I had no idea that Costco sold proline golf equipment...I will definitely go to my store to see what they have. I am a big fan of Costco.

thanks for the tip...

I have the Ogio Vaporlite, but I haven't took it on the course yet. So far, the Woode system looks great though. I won't have a problem with fighting to get my clubs into the slots.

Regarding the Inside Approach, if you bought the "authentic" one, return it and then build your own. You can build one for less than $10 from Home Depot parts.

you'd be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo35223
    I had no idea that Costco sold proline golf equipment...I will definitely go to my store to see what they have. I am a big fan of Costco.

thanks for the tip...
    I ALWAYS check the sporting goods section whenever I'm in Costco because you never know what you'll find. Earlier this year one of my local Costcos actually had TaylorMade R580 drivers for something like $250! I wasn't in the position to drop 250 bones otherwise I would not have hesitated to pick one up. I realize that these clubs are now in this price range all over the place but this was at the beginning of the year!!

Thread Information