|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Ocean Course Santa Barbara...better than Pebble Beach

OT: the game is on

the rain has stopped...there are hoursuntil the next storm...it is 66 degrees in southern indiana on jan. 12th and supposed to hit 70 for the high temp....

the course will be soaked...i must hit down on all pitch and chip shots...there will be no getting under any finesse shots...must not hit anything fat...

they will only have one set of tees open today....course will be playing about 6500 yds...but wet, baby, wet...taking my new driver...more carry i hope...course is called rolling meadows

course rating from these tees is 70.1 and slope rating is 127....it's a par 71

75 or better is my goal...i will report back later how it went...

Good Luck Czar. I am betting on a 76 with a three putt on 18. hee hee.

ok...so here goes...not that anyone will find it all that interesting...but 70 degrees in january in indiana is rare...

ended up playing 27 holes...took 4 hours...for 2 of us....cart path only...standing water everywhere...

i hit 5 fat wedges...1 drive OB left...it was a snap-pull duck snort....that's a low hook that can kill multiple ducks...zero putts holed over 8 feet...3 three-putts...not too bad for 27 holes...

the fat wedge shots killed me the most...shot 39-39-38...

got to finally try out some of my new clubs...the hogan cft 3# hybrid...and the GBB II pro series with ys-6 shaft...

i love this driver...carried several 275 or so...which for me is far...about 15 yds farther than with my 983E i used to use...thre was very little roll though...many drives plugged...a few got completely plugged and hidden...we are talking wet...

Yeah, I found that using CHEAP ball this time of year is ideal because they just disappear. It's almost impossible to find a ball that's buried below the turf line. I know, I've had to look!

In Vancouver, we have two courses that are good this time of year (one of them is actually just across the border in WA, but you have to go through Canada to get to Pt. Roberts, so we consider it ours, especially because their website lists everything in Canadian dollars), but they both have the same problem. Everything is good - as long as you're on the fairway. A few weeks ago, my first drive at the actual Vancouver course (Fraserview) was about a yard off the fairway in the large area of rough (basically about as wide as the fairway) to the right. The ball embedded so deep, we only found it by pure luck when my friend almost stepped on it and just happened to notice a slight glimpse of white.

How'd you like the CFT?

i hit the cft just 3 times today...it was hard to get a real feel for what the club will do out of the fairway because all 3 shots were out of the rough...it's a great rescue club from the taller grass...much shorter shaft than my 3 wood yet i can still hit it 205 or so with not too hard of a swing...

didn't have occasion to try it yet from the tee either...

unfortuantely the weather turns tonight and we are back to the low 30s...

but i took advantage of the weather window and loved every minute of it...

Thread Information