|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

2005 Equipment sneak peeks?

Anyone have any pics or links to any new equipment coming out in 05?

I haven't done much digging myself, I guess the snow made me lazy. I figured i'd put out the "Golf Review Forum Feelers" and see what popped out.

Balls, clubs, clothes, bags, whatever. Hell, i'd take new beers that are available for the 19th hole!

Thanks in advance, guys.

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

The only two I know of are the 2005 RAC irons (if you consider those new) and that new Titleist driver.

I will be waiting to see what they unveil, however I have just redone my entire bag over the last year so I doubt I will be getting anything.

This is mainly all I know off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I remember reading somewhere that the new Nike Mojo ball has been completely redesigned for 05, with a "Karma" ball (coloured red, purple or orange I think) comes free with every dozen balls....

Interesting....

R35

This is in German - Ben Hogan - Germany Scroll down to this link
    Download Ben Hogan Katalog 2005.pdf
    it'll get you a catalog (in English) that has Hogan's new drivers, Fairway woods & a couple of new iron models.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

This may qualify as a 2004 product, but I can personally attest to the feel and forgiveness of the new Odyssey White Steel putters. Mmmmm. Pure butter.
    I keeps it real.

I have my eyes on the new Bridgestone J33 Combo irons, coming out in March. I'm also toying with getting them fit with True Temper Tour Concept shafts. I'm getting to try these in my wedges first, and if they are as great as they are touted to be, I'll make the full plunge.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

white steel

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33
    This may qualify as a 2004 product, but I can personally attest to the feel and forgiveness of the new Odyssey White Steel putters. Mmmmm. Pure butter.
    I hope they come out with a few more styles in white steel...

I guess it probably counts as 2004 as well, but there are the new comp drivers from Cleveland.

I was informed by a golf shop who were selling some Cleveland TA7's cheap that a new version of this club was due early 2005. They did not seem to know much more than this, but this was why they were selling the clubs at a reduced price, so they said.

i dont really care cause i will be using my same 5 year old equipment. i cant afford anything new.

Though they came out in late '04 the new CG1 blades from clevelan are super sweet. I was very temtped to ditch my TA5's for them (damn student loans). Best blades I have ever hit hands down. I was a huge fan of Hogans and still am but i think with the CG1's Cleveland has a winner.
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The CG1's are sweet clubs. Personally, I like most of the "better" Cleveland irons. They are cheaper than most comparable brands and I believe they have good feel. The TA1's (if you can still find them) are also dirt cheap. Something like $200 or $300 bucks for 3-PW. Brand new. But, I love my TA7 Tours. Less offset than the CG1's. Plus, I don't get numb fingers when I hit one a little less than square. But the CG1's are a nice club.

Quote Originally Posted by collegegolfer
    The CG1's are sweet clubs. Personally, I like most of the "better" Cleveland irons. They are cheaper than most comparable brands and I believe they have good feel. The TA1's (if you can still find them) are also dirt cheap. Something like $200 or $300 bucks for 3-PW. Brand new. But, I love my TA7 Tours. Less offset than the CG1's. Plus, I don't get numb fingers when I hit one a little less than square. But the CG1's are a nice club.
    I agree but how can the CG1's have more offset the the TA7's even the tour model TA7 should have more offset. I mean the CG1's are blade and have zero offset. Even the cleveland site says so

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/proshop...comp_chart.php Perhaps you are thinking of the new launcher irons.

Yes TA1's also rule. And I never found the CG1's be be hard one the hands on off centre hits.

my TA1's have been kind of a letdown, i think i've lost like three clubs in distance, and my accuracy is totally off , compared to my TM supersteels, since i recently got a pass for unlimited range balls till april, i'm going to take both sets to the range, and see which one does better, that one i'll use this season, if its my supersteels, then i'll have all summer to master my TA1s, i just see no advantage to using the TA1's right now, we'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    I agree but how can the CG1's have more offset the the TA7's even the tour model TA7 should have more offset. I mean the CG1's are blade and have zero offset. Even the cleveland site says so

http://www.clevelandgolf.com/proshop...comp_chart.php Perhaps you are thinking of the new launcher irons.

Yes TA1's also rule. And I never found the CG1's be be hard one the hands on off centre hits.
    actually mahalleday, collegegolfer is right on this one. Cleveland's iron comparison chart is wrong. Here are the specs for the Tours and the CG1's. From about the 5-iron throughout the set, the TA7 Tours have LESS offset than CG1's. The CG's definately don't have the least offset, I think even the TA2's have the same...

TA7 Tours
    http://clevelandgolf.com/proshop/irons/ta7_tour.php

CG1's
    http://www.clevelandgolf.com/proshop/irons/cg1.php
    983E 8.5* w/ T Prolite (s)
    980F 13* w/ NV 75-s
    Cleveland TA-2, 3-pw, DG s300
    Cleveland 588 gunmetal, 53* and 56*
    Odyssey DFX 1100, 34"

Hmmmmm.. How odd for the chart to be wrong. I also find it odd the thier blades would have more offset then their other stuff, though the long irons did have less, it was in teh short irons that they had more than the TA7 tours. interesting. Thanks for making me aware of this.

Here's some pics of the new X-18's and X-18 Pro series from Callaway for 05.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Callaway makes the ugliest irons ever. I'm syre there are millions the disagree but come on. Those x-18's are gross looking. I like companies the go more plain looking like mizuno, Hogn, or Cleveland. Thinner toplines and soles and no colour.

Meh.

I play X-16 Pros. At least they are grey. Not that metallic blue found in X-16's.

I don't mind the look of the X-18's. If they get the ball to the hole, i could really care less.

The ERC Fusion irons are hideous tho.

R35

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    Callaway makes the ugliest irons ever. I'm syre there are millions the disagree but come on. Those x-18's are gross looking. I like companies the go more plain looking like mizuno, Hogn, or Cleveland. Thinner toplines and soles and no colour.
    Why make the game harder for yourself if there is equipment out there that makes it easier.

I agree with that but why do "game improvement" irons have to look so awful. and I find i hit "players" clubs better then clubs designed to help people hit the ball better anyways.

It would also be nice to see Callaway made a nice players club. Something simple and understated in it looks.

Rumours are coming out of Callaway about a set of blade irons to be released later this year. Phil got the thumbs up on helping with the design....

We'll see what those look like.

R35

Quote Originally Posted by rockford35
    Rumours are coming out of Callaway about a set of blade irons to be released later this year. Phil got the thumbs up on helping with the design....

We'll see what those look like.

R35

I heard that as well but they will proabaly be for lefty's only like the 731 pm's all blades look good becaise they are all the same with different logos on them.

Quote Originally Posted by rsr72
    I hope they come out with a few more styles in white steel...
    Does anyone know if the White Steel #2 is out and if you have a pic of it to show me, that would be great. tgw.com has it in the list of putter but has no image of it, so it does exist. http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...TEGORY_ID=5205 this is the link to it. I was thinking of trying it out since I have a Ping Zing g2i and I was considering trying it to see if I like it better.

It would appear they only have the #1 and #5 on the official site:

http://www.steelmeetsfeel.com/en/odyssey.html

Hi:
    I'm currently looking to buy a new set of blade iron, just wondering if any new blade iron coming out from Titleist or TaylorMade. If anyone has any information, i will be very appreicate if you can share some info.

Quote Originally Posted by kuk
    Hi:
    I'm currently looking to buy a new set of blade iron, just wondering if any new blade iron coming out from Titleist or TaylorMade. If anyone has any information, i will be very appreicate if you can share some info.
    The whole golf scene will be buzzing in a couple of weeks after the PGA show in Orlando. At that point, you might choose to get one of the newer offerings or get a "last year's" model for a substantial discount. Titleist recently came out with newer models, but they may have something new. Taylormade comes out with new irons every 37 minutes, so you can count on them having something new. Don't overlook Mizuno as a great choice in irons, and Bridgestone is going to be making a major push into the US market in 2005. Cleveland will be having new models, too. I would wait a couple of weeks before making any decision, if I were you.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    The whole golf scene will be buzzing in a couple of weeks after the PGA show in Orlando. At that point, you might choose to get one of the newer offerings or get a "last year's" model for a substantial discount. Titleist recently came out with newer models, but they may have something new. Taylormade comes out with new irons every 37 minutes, so you can count on them having something new. Don't overlook Mizuno as a great choice in irons, and Bridgestone is going to be making a major push into the US market in 2005. Cleveland will be having new models, too. I would wait a couple of weeks before making any decision, if I were you.
    Hi:
    Thanx for the info! I think i will wait and see what happen after the show.

Thread Information