|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    TPC Lake Nona
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    I tired of paying over $1,000 a year on new clubs

    I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

    Lo and behold, last week I got the LCG 405 irons and tried them.
    Hey Barney they work great and I saved what over 800 bucks.

    Are you kidding. Maybe these clubs will explode or something. I hope not. They look the same and hit fantastic. I got the dynamic shafts and 1 degree upright.

    Where is the money going when we pay $1,000 for some irons?

    Check out the sources on the net. You may be surprised.

    Start with www.moonshotgolf.com, www.golfgolfgolf.net and www.golfcloners.com.

    I hate to get ripped off any more.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colbert Hills Golf Course
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    15
    I know there are a lot of clone threads going on right now but he brings up a good point, where does the extra money go, is it just for research and development or are they actually better? Maybe it's an unanswerable question but if anybody has any thoughts on it I'd like to know as well. Has anyone done any head to head comparisons with originals and clones?

    Josh

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    wander
    Posts
    1,406
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by luvafricalions
    I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

    Lo and behold, last week I got the LCG 405 irons and tried them.
    Hey Barney they work great and I saved what over 800 bucks.

    Are you kidding. Maybe these clubs will explode or something. I hope not. They look the same and hit fantastic. I got the dynamic shafts and 1 degree upright.

    Where is the money going when we pay $1,000 for some irons?

    Check out the sources on the net. You may be surprised.

    Start with www.moonshotgolf.com, www.golfgolfgolf.net and www.golfcloners.com.

    I hate to get ripped off any more.
    Let me guess luva, you are not in anyway affiliated with any of the above mentioned sites.

    Sounds like you want cheap irons and free advertising.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Raspberry Falls GC
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by luvafricalions
    I checked out the new TaylorMade CGB irons at our local discount store. They hit great, but are you kidding $999 for a set? That got me upset and to start checking. I found that I could get a similar set for less than $150. So I "gambled".

    Lo and behold, last week I got the LCG 405 irons and tried them.
    Hey Barney they work great and I saved what over 800 bucks.

    Are you kidding. Maybe these clubs will explode or something. I hope not. They look the same and hit fantastic. I got the dynamic shafts and 1 degree upright.

    Where is the money going when we pay $1,000 for some irons?

    Check out the sources on the net. You may be surprised.

    Start with www.moonshotgolf.com, www.golfgolfgolf.net and www.golfcloners.com.

    I hate to get ripped off any more.
    Didn't you post about this in reference to the Titleist 690CB today on GolfOpinions.com?

    Troll. This is worse than pop-ups.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mt. Aires
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    17
    And yet another set at shottalk this morning?
    Please, just call me Schemp...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colbert Hills Golf Course
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    15
    well forget him then, can anyone else answer any of my questions?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    wander
    Posts
    1,406
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    well forget him then, can anyone else answer any of my questions?

    That's been brought up so many times that no one wants to answer. Do a search on clones.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Avalon Golf Links
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    16
    I s#|t money, so for me, it's fun!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Spyglass Hill
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    16
    The thread title is funny tho...

    "I tired of paying over $1,000 a year on new clubs..." so I got some lessons instead!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    19
    What a great user name to be taken seriously.

    The clubs are great over there on moonunitzappagolf.com.

    -luvcanadamoose35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Avalon Golf Links
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    16
    I was about to say "who spends that much per year on clubs anyhow?!" and then I thought about me last year...in Canadian funds I spent:

    1 Launcher 460 - $300
    1 set of Mizuno MX23s - $418
    1 Adams Ovation 7W - $150
    1 Wilson Harmonized Gap wedge - $40

    That's just on clubs - somehwere in the vicinity of $908 CDN.

    And that's not including the two putters that I won auctions for on Jan 5 and 7 of this year ($95 for the Monza and $127 for the 2Ball). So those go in this year's pool.

    Oh, and it also doesn't count the Nickent Genex 3DX Hybrid that my gf bought for me for Christmas, because I didn't spend the $100 for it.

    NO MORE NEW CLUBS!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mt. Aires
    Posts
    1,199
    Rep Power
    17
    shoudl've gone to DarkSideOfTheMoonGolf.com and saved. pisser....
    Please, just call me Schemp...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Avalon Golf Links
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    I know there are a lot of clone threads going on right now but he brings up a good point, where does the extra money go, is it just for research and development or are they actually better? Maybe it's an unanswerable question but if anybody has any thoughts on it I'd like to know as well. Has anyone done any head to head comparisons with originals and clones?

    Josh
    The money goes to paying the lawyers to fight the cloners!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    wander
    Posts
    1,406
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    I was about to say "who spends that much per year on clubs anyhow?!" and then I thought about me last year...in Canadian funds I spent:

    1 Launcher 460 - $300
    1 set of Mizuno MX23s - $418
    1 Adams Ovation 7W - $150
    1 Wilson Harmonized Gap wedge - $40

    That's just on clubs - somehwere in the vicinity of $908 CDN.

    And that's not including the two putters that I won auctions for on Jan 5 and 7 of this year ($95 for the Monza and $127 for the 2Ball). So those go in this year's pool.

    Oh, and it also doesn't count the Nickent Genex 3DX Hybrid that my gf bought for me for Christmas, because I didn't spend the $100 for it.

    NO MORE NEW CLUBS!
    Yeah but that is only like $10 US.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paying penance for my match with Oldplayer
    By Kiwi Player in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 05:14 AM
  2. What were your best clubs this year?
    By famousdavis in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM
  3. New practice routine paying dividends
    By Horseballs in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 05:31 PM
  4. Sick n Tired
    By GrainFlowForged in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
  5. Buying New Clubs This Year?
    By coldplay in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 05:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •