|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

2 piece vs. 3 piece balls?

What differences are there in 2 vs. 3 piece ball in terms of playability, putting, etc. ? Will it make any difference for someone like me who shoots in the 90s to invest in a 3 piece ball or would it make no diference at all? I have been currently using the Top-Flite XL2000 and have exhausted my current supply and need to buy new ones.

This article has a lot of good ball info, at least I found it helpful in understanding a little bit more:

http://www.golfonline.com/golfonline...652567,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by NickP
    What differences are there in 2 vs. 3 piece ball in terms of playability, putting, etc. ? Will it make any difference for someone like me who shoots in the 90s to invest in a 3 piece ball or would it make no diference at all? I have been currently using the Top-Flite XL2000 and have exhausted my current supply and need to buy new ones.
    Swing changes are by far the most important, so work on fundamentals first. If you can get into the 80's a better ball may help. With that said:

3-piece are better IMO, they go farther, have a better sound, and are easier to control. Hit some of both and I bet you will notice the difference. If you want to stay with top-flite, look for the top-flite tours, they are 3 piece at great prices. My favorite though is Callaway HX blue, but they are pricey.

Wal-Mart (at least our local ones) have the Strata Professional Distance @ $12.99 a dozen. They are 3 piece, I've used them with great results, and they are definitely a huge upgrade from the Rock XL 2000s. Give them a try and see what you think.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by NickP
    although i usually shoot in the upper 80s- low 90s, i definitely prefer 3-piece to 2 piece balls. they are much more workable/predictable around the green. every round i've scored in the low 80s i used a 3-piece (or even 4-piece--Ben Hogan Apex Tour) ball.

whatever you decide to play with, stay with one ball all year. it helps build consistency when you know how the ball is going to react.

Thanks guys, I purchased a dozen Top Flite Tour balls for 10.98 at a local Sportmart. I am waiting to hit these as I have never played with a 3 piece balls.

Thread Information