|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question about 3 piece balls...

This season I'm planning on sticking with one ball throughout and would like it to be a good 3 piece ball. I don't really want to pay the high price for titleist pro-v, nike one, hogan apex, etc... even though I do like the balls I just don't have the cash for it. My question is, does anyone here have any other good suggestions that are decent balls that I can pick up for relatively cheap. I would also like to hear if anyone has a site that has any sales going on, a couple weeks ago someone put up one that had precept u-tri balls cheap but unfortunately I didn't hop on it fast enough. Thanks!

Josh

I don't spend $$$ to buy balls either but play with the best ... titelist pro v1

How?

Buy used (actually like new) from caddies or other ppl on the course who pick up lost balls etc. Works for me. You do get many sort of balls but choose and take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    This season I'm planning on sticking with one ball throughout and would like it to be a good 3 piece ball. I don't really want to pay the high price for titleist pro-v, nike one, hogan apex, etc... even though I do like the balls I just don't have the cash for it. My question is, does anyone here have any other good suggestions that are decent balls that I can pick up for relatively cheap. I would also like to hear if anyone has a site that has any sales going on, a couple weeks ago someone put up one that had precept u-tri balls cheap but unfortunately I didn't hop on it fast enough. Thanks!

Josh
    Josh, rockbottomgolf has some Top Flite Tour 3 piece balls on ebay for about $9/doz for 3 dozen. According to some here they are very good balls for the money.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that, I've dealt with rockbottomgolf before. Does anyone else here have any opinions on whether that would be a good ball to use throughout the season?

I have found that Stratas any kind are really good and you can get some cheaper ones. I played some Strata tour +'s this summer and I really liked them.
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I played the Strata Tour Soft and liked them. I have the Strata Professional Distance 3 piece in my bag right now with great results. $13/Dozen at WalMart.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    I have found that Stratas any kind are really good and you can get some cheaper ones. I played some Strata tour +'s this summer and I really liked them.
    Actually the one of the Strata 3 piece ball that sell for $29/doz is the same as the Top Flite Tour. I forgot which one.

Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that, I've dealt with rockbottomgolf before. Does anyone else here have any opinions on whether that would be a good ball to use throughout the season?
    Well Ive played them (TF tours) and was happy with the performance and feel. Although I do have the money to buy more expensive ones (HX blues) so thats what I play. Someone mentioned to stick with the same ball all season so you get used to it, I think that's good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter mcgavin1
    Well Ive played them (TF tours) and was happy with the performance and feel. Although I do have the money to buy more expensive ones (HX blues) so thats what I play. Someone mentioned to stick with the same ball all season so you get used to it, I think that's good advice.
    That advice should also be extended to equipment. I hate having to get used to a new ball retreiver. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NickP
    Actually the one of the Strata 3 piece ball that sell for $29/doz is the same as the Top Flite Tour. I forgot which one.
    That makes senes Strats is teh "quality" brand put out by Topflight is in not????
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    That makes senes Strats is teh "quality" brand put out by Topflight is in not????
    Strata, Top Flite, Callaway, Hogan (yes?)

Quote Originally Posted by bdcrowe
    That advice should also be extended to equipment. I hate having to get used to a new ball retreiver. ;)
    (LMAO) Instead, why not reshaft it with the NV65?

i got five dozen mint condition prov's off ebay for only $60, you might want to look into that (however, they might be water balls)

Precept Utri Tours
    about 25-30 bucks a pack
    just as good as the pro v1's

I also hit a new Bridgestone Ball thats not out on the market yet, the pro gave me a sleeve of them.
    They are excellent balls. very long, spins well, and it's soft.
    I don't know if it's a three peice but i'm sure it is.
    Stuart Appelby played this ball and won at kapulah.
    That's probably the ball i'll be playing this season.

and NO not because Stuart won with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information