|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

AJ Reveals the Truth About Golf... ?

Is this at all worth taking a look at? I can find it for about $50 on Ebay. I am a 7 handicapper looking to get to the next level of my game, and I just want to know if anyone would have any reviews on this, or if it would do any good for anyone's game.
    ~AJ

I haven't seen the AJ video, but "Butch Harmon's Ultimate Golf" is really good. i have it on DVD, and it's very easy to go directly to the chapter your looking for. it might also be worth looking at and doesn't require you to change anything in your swing, so the learning curve may be less. from what i've heard, the AJ video sounds like it's an attempt to revamp your entire swing which is usually disastrous.

No, yes, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by BartendingLefty
    Is this at all worth taking a look at? I can find it for about $50 on Ebay. I am a 7 handicapper looking to get to the next level of my game, and I just want to know if anyone would have any reviews on this, or if it would do any good for anyone's game.
    ~AJ
    who the heck knows? What I do know is that at your level of ability(which is very high) you should realize that without someone with knowledge looking at your swing you'll never really know what mistakes your making. Most anything you pick up from a vid will be a short term fix and may even cause long term problems. On the other hand it may be the magic lantern that solves all your problems. It' s your $50(if you don't get ripped off from e-bay). Spend it any way you see fit. Heck you can even send it to me and I'll put it towards my Titleist driver fund. It'll likely do your swing just as much good as that vid. ;^)

fred3, I take it you dislike ebay? Bad experiences?
    Just curious. I've never been ripped off, but I imagine it happens to frequently every day.
    Just wait one minizzle!

yea? Ripped off on Ebay? I LOVE EBAY! I would never buy another golf club or anything in a Golf Shop, that's where I would feel ripped off. I go into golf shops to try out stuff as I see fit, choose what would best suit me, tell the shop workers "I'll be back" .. and just go right on home and find what I need for 1/2 the price and be all happy. I have yet to have to spend over $400 on anything. And that included a Brand New set of RAC LT irons =)

As for the Vid, I decided to pass it up, and went and got myself Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons book. What an interesting read. It has great tips, and all the fundementals. Takes the swing down to a basic 5 step process, and has great learning curve. What you want to do, you can, as long as you follow the fundemantals. I got the book yesterday, and this morning went to the range after some more reading, and I was on top of things. Not one ugly shot, no stupid mistakes. And the good thing is, this little book has all the 'quick versions' of the lessons in the back. So if you feel your swing is getting away from you 2 months down the line, you can just flip through it, and get back to basics.

~AJ

Thread Information