|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

1. state of the golfreview nation address

Hello everybody. Thanks for hanging in during these revolutionary days of golfreview.

First the good news. Besson is back. Kilted Arab is back. The committee (my 2-year old) studied all the facts and the decision is reinstatement.

Even better news, we finally figured out security measures on this message board. In the past, really determined delinquents would register under many different names and trash this forum. We were virtually powerless from the constant attacks of a few bored individuals. Things are better now.

A few months ago, Dorkman really took an interest in helping me and this site and he has been vigilant in steering this site towards the right path. His daily watch has been key to making this a fine place to hang out.

Budha33 has offered to help and is now super moderator!

Quentin has been helping out over the last few weeks. However, he is now stepping down from his super moderator role. We could use a replacement. I understand The Master and Rockford are interested. Anybody else?

Thanks for hanging in there. Thank you moderators. Things are about get a lot better!

regards,
    francois

Thank you for your concern and time put into this forum/board. Thanks for dealing, level headedly, with what I am sure is a huge pain in the rear.

Thanks for the update.

Francois:

Thank you for your interest here and I agree with you that things are getting better.

GR is so much fun for me. My family hears me laughing in the kitchen all the time....

You did the right thing by reinstating both Besson and KA. I also strongly believe that having multiple, regular moderators is the right thing to do because you are providing Coverage. And coverage is what GR needs....

I would appreciate answers on the following specific questions.

1) When can we anticipate multiple subject sections - for Off Topic posts, etc? This is commonly found on almost all discussion boards these days....

2) When can we anticipate a "sticky" on the rules and regs such that particpants understand "cause and effect" of their actions?

I think alot of people here, including myself, would like some closure in regards to what has happened this week.

I think that's only fair so that people won't speculate. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing what was done, it would sure shore up alot of loose ends.

Thanks Francois.

If it helps, I ride a SC Bullit but I don't have any Lycra. ;)

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

Thank you Francois for the time and effort, to sort out this confusion.

What are the responsibilities of a moderator? I have numerous classes in psychology and sociology. Especially concerning the sociology of deviant behavior. I also have numerous math classes under my belt. These include calculus I, II, III, differential equations, intro to abstract math, abstract linear algebra, abstract algebra I and II, real analysis I and II, mathematical probability and mathematical statistics. I believe this makes me a great candidate for a top position in the golfreview forums. Why? Because it shows I, like many leaders, have book smarts and no street smarts. That is why I would be a good candidate for moderator. Unless it means I have to do a lot of work.

No, but in all seriousness, what are the details in being a moderator? It may help others decide if it would be something they'd be willing to try. Thanks Francois

Thankyou Francois. Good job.
    Now back to golfing matters.......(yeah righ!!) ;)
    You know me you know the score. Keep them satisfied in bed and they wont bother your golf - wise words from The Master, Feb. '05

Thanks. That is all I was asking for. Now as for moderator, I will endorse Rockford but I have a feeling that TM will use it for revenge/personal purposes.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    Thanks. That is all I was asking for. Now as for moderator, I will endorse Rockford but I have a feeling that TM will use it for revenge/personal purposes.

I agree that RF35 deserves it more than me he has been a member a lot longer.

But if I was to become a mod I will would assure you I would be fair stright down the line unbiast and try to help others. The only reason I suggested it was because i'm probably online more than anyone else.

PS: onetime do you want to stop this argueing even tohugh if you say it is gentl ribbing we both know it isn't i'm willing to give it another go if you are, I don't have a issue with anyone here, so I would appreciate it if you would do the same.
    Feels just like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by The master
    I agree that RF35 deserves it more than me he has been a member a lot longer.

But if I was to become a mod I will would assure you I would be fair stright down the line unbiast and try to help others. The only reason I suggested it was because i'm probably online more than anyone else.

PS: onetime do you want to stop this argueing even tohugh if you say it is gentl ribbing we both know it isn't i'm willing to give it another go if you are, I don't have a issue with anyone here, so I would appreciate it if you would do the same.
    I am more then willing to try. I have a feeling you will blow it before I do.
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Good bait!!!

Fair enough glad to hear you are willing.

Trust me I wont blow it.

Thanks for clearing things up Francis. It will be nice to see this place get back to "normal". I enjoy this place a great deal.

As for this moderator thing, That is something I wouldnt mind doing. I havent been as long as some other but I think I coudl handle it. I'm pretty neutral when it comes to things around here, ( least I think so). One suggestion I have though is prehaps gather a list of people who you, dork, and buddha think might make worhty mods. Then lets us the citizens of GR vote on it. That way you may help to reduce the amount of ruffled feathers when a new mod is finaly picked.

Just a thought.
    Serenity NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm all for R35. No offense TM, but you're too unstable. Well, you may take offense to that, but it's not a flame, merely an observation.

I wouldn't want to be a moderator because you have to read all the threads - I wouldn't be able to stand reading all the football threads.

None taken man, I'm actaully with you he should be mod before me, but if he doesn't want to do it or Francois needs more than 1 new moderator with the new column just added to the forum then i'm more than willing to do it.

What do people think of my voting idea? I'm guessing no-one really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY

Sorry man I just read your post guess 3 people want to do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHALLEDAY
    I think it's a good idea.

Just as long as we don't nominate and vote in someone who doesn't really want the honor. Lord knows being a mod takes a special person who doesn't mind spending some serious time on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by bull
    Just as long as we don't nominate and vote in someone who doesn't really want the honor. Lord knows being a mod takes a special person who doesn't mind spending some serious time on this board.
    Yeah obvisouly peopel don't have to accept teh nominations ro whatever, My thinking is just that it'd would bennifit everyoen to have a new moderator that we coudl agree on. And there are three of us or so that wish to become one so why not vote?

Thanks Fanc for the forum and showing that you are interested in what the members think.

I, too would third the idea of Rock. He's good people.

Keep up the good work.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    I'm all for R35. No offense TM, but you're too unstable. Well, you may take offense to that, but it's not a flame, merely an observation.

I wouldn't want to be a moderator because you have to read all the threads - I wouldn't be able to stand reading all the football threads.
    No problem, I'm posting most of those threads anyways!

Except that SEC/Big Ten/College system that LBC is always hammering on about....

R35
    "35 on the front, 50 on the back....I love this game."

Thread Information