|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

What is the best way to clean clubs?

Whats the best way to clean clubs, irons and woods. Do you clean woods any differently?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of a cheap 5 wood that they really like?

I use soap and water and a nylon brush to get the grooves nice and clean with all my clubs. and I dry them completely. My irons still look new

I have Mizuno irons so I don't use the wire brush becasue it will take off the nickel chrome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I use a bit of soap and warm water in a bucket, but not deep enough to go higher than the hosel. Let the clubs sit in there while you're cleaning them to loosen the dirt, pull em out, and then I just used an old toothbrush. Then rinse them off and dry them. Worked great for me.

You don't want the water to go higher than the hosel to make sure the epoxy doesn't get ruined. At least that's what I read.

Same soap and water. Hard Toothbrush in the bag, to clean after a shots.

I love my 5 wood, it helps me reach par 5 greens on the second shot. I hit it on a par 3, 230 yard hole on the course here and though it harldy lands next to the pin, it gets to the green in one. I can't get to a 230 yard green with any of my irons. Mine is part of Kinght Golf Accuplus Copper Tungsten set which cost around $150 in all. But its super good.

You should try nike ignite's 5 wood. Very good.

Cleaning Clubs

Dish soap and hot water for club heads.
    Simple green sprayed on your grips (not on Winn Grips), scrub with small plastic bristled brush, wash off, air dry.
    Weekly, not at the start and end of the golf season.
    [I][B][COLOR=Green][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Golf Is Like Sex, You Won't Miss It Until You Ain't Getting Any[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Which set are you referring to???? The ones that just came in? Or the one that are going out next round? Everyone else covered the topic exceptionally and I would add that a clean set of grooves and clean grips look right, feel right, and can save from slippage or poor contact. I would also suggest that clean clubs offer at least a two stroke advantage over grimy clubs.

Hot water and dawn dish liquid in a old bucket. Use golf brush to clean the grooves and dry them with a towel. Wash the grips with an old rag. Works for me

TGW.COM has Ram titanium woods on sale. My brother has the set and he likes them. He gained about 20 yards going to titanium woods. I think they are 29.95.

I clean my clubs with water and a wire brush. I wax my woods sometimes.

Thread Information