|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Project X Towards True Temper Dynamic Gold

Hello !

I'm thinking of buying new golf clubs and wonder what you think about the royal precision. Do they give you any extra distance ?

Are the better than True temper Dynamic Gold S300, for example??

Another question:
    Do you see any risk in extending a shaft yourself by half an inch afer you've bough your clubs ?

Just curious. Why don't you have them fitted?

Properly fitted shafts will give you the most distance... not one name versus another. TTDG are great shafts as are the Rifles... but they have different characteristics... you have already done the fitting, what was recommended?

As for adding the length after... it is ok to do but you will effect the swing weight of the clubs. You are getting new clubs with a high end shaft, it seems silly not to get them the proper length, flex, and swing weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobwedge
    Just curious. Why don't you have them fitted?
    well,,,,,, I don't trust those fitters you see.
    I also want to learn more myself about the shafts and so on.

Just for your information. At one time TT-DG shafts were available in R-100, R-200, R-300, R-400 and R-500 and S-100, S-200, S-300, S-400, S-500 and X-100, X-200, X-300, X-400 and X-500. The difference was the weight of each flex, the heavier shaft had a higher number. Most component companies have cut back on all of those flexes so now you will tend to commonly find R-300, S-300, & X-100 readily available. It's two bad but ove the last ten years TT has lost market share to other shaft companies . Also, you will see S-200 in Titlest wedges.

Having said that, The Rifles are available in a number of variations and I have only hit the Original Rifles (which I still like) the Rifle Flighted (which in my experience, I think, can ballon the ball if you step on it). Like hitting a hard 6 iron rather then an average swing with a 5 iron. Generally it only happens in the wind and that is my only pet-pieve with Flighted.

I have not tried the Rifle Project X or the Rifle Diamond or the Rifle Lites. If all things are considered equal I prefer the original Rifles over the TT-DG because I think that you get a slightly higher ball flight which stops on the greens quicker and may offer slightly more yardage, and the Rifles are less jarring then TT-DG's.

Having read some of the posts on the Rifle Project X shafts, has cultuvated an inclination to want to demo that shaft. I wish there were as many club fitters who were as konwledgeable about Rifles as they are about TT-DG's.

There is nothing wrong with being maticulous about your selection of shafts for you irons becasue your the one who needs to draw confidence andpleasure with your choice. Afterall. the Irons are in my mind. "The game of golf" and can keep a score down more so then extra yardage can with an awesome driver, which can leak for an entire round. We use the irons more and therefore need to be real confident with them, extra yarage with them is possible but hitting to the intended target is by far the most important aspect.

Don't let anyone talk you out of what you want to try, because the feedback you get from hitting clubs with the different shafts in them that you want to try, will clarify the issue in your mind and make your final selection a more informed one. If one club seller/fitter doesn't have what you want, and makes excuses then find someone who does. You'll be happier for it. ;)

Lastly, If your willing to find the most suitable steel shaft for your swing. The Rifles have most variety of shaft flexes and sub flexes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Igolf2
    Lastly, If your willing to find the most suitable steel shaft for your swing. The Rifles have most variety of shaft flexes and sub flexes available.
    Hello

the question I'm asking is because maybe one can get some irons with True Temper for a REALLY GOOD PRIZE. I should have S300 shafts.

With rifle I should have 5,0..5,5...or6.0

I think 5.5 Project X is what I want, but if you can get some irons at agopod prize with S300, maybe you buy them,

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sortsol
    Hello

the question I'm asking is because maybe one can get some irons with True Temper for a REALLY GOOD PRIZE. I should have S300 shafts.

With rifle I should have 5,0..5,5...or6.0

I think 5.5 Project X is what I want, but if you can get some irons at agopod prize with S300, maybe you buy them,
    If you have hit the TT-DGS and are comfortable with the response of them, and do not find them too stiff then you could go with a Rifle 6.0. However if you find that you are at or near the end your ability to hit stiffs then you would be more comfortable with a 5.5.

Now as far as deals are concerned you will likely find a set of clubs for less with TT-DGS because they have been a main "stable mate" for tour OEM irons for 50+ years. Every OEM has used them or offered them. So there are iron out there with TT-DGS available because of the sheer number of clubs that had them installed and are still out there (moreso in used stuff that is 5, 10 or more years old).

Having said that..... Lets look at a somewhat different analogy yet attempt to draw a similar comparison. Let's compare a Chevrolet Corvette to a Dodge Viper. Which one is better?????

THe Vette has been around for 50+ years and has been a "main horse" in the performance sports car barn throughout that time period. It's kinda like the TT-DGS.

The Viper is a little over ten years old and is another high performance sports car that is available, but is located in another barn. It's like the Rifle shaft.

Which performance sports car is better, Vette or Viper??
    Which Tour performance golf shaft is better, TT-DGS or Rifle shaft???

The ultimate decision is yours to make, for whatever reasons suits your decision.

However (here's my political point of view) I will suggest one general factor that is based on my experience with both the TT-DGS and Rifle. I find that the TT-DGS rebounds quicker and feels like it flexes faster then the Rifle. Both contribute to striking the ball exceptionally well. The Rifle shaft is somewhat comparable to graphite and flexes and rebounds just a touch slower. Some may disagree with my sense of experience, and it is only mine. So I will conclude it is less jarring on a miss hit or slower pass at the ball.

If you want some additional information related to tour use of Rifle shafts, go to the dynacraftgolf.com site and look up Tour players and see who is using the various Rifle shafts. The Golf Stable is full of Pros world wide. The Rifles are becoming more popular but have gone up in price (in comparision to TT-DGS's) and that's part of the reason why component club fitters are not pushing them too the same extent as other shafts tha they can get for less, because it's dificult to sell a set of component clubs with shafts that may end up costing more then a set of OEM's. So whether buying Component or OEM irons, the individual golfer must know what they want in their irons and be willing to pay for whatever technology they feel will instill the greatest degee of confidence and pleasure.

The TT-DGS has seen 50+ years of success on the profesional tours and will not disappear tomorrow, but their is a new player in town and many golfers on the tours are working harder then ever to remain competative and are using what they think is going to contribute to their success.

Personally I have driven a Corvette and played with DGR, DGS, DGX and also used Microtapers, Rifle 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0. Yet i want to take a Viper for a spin and also want to try the Project X shaft in a 5.5 and a 6.5 but I am too cheap to buy one right now. I'll wait for one of my friends to buy a set of clubs with the Projecy X shafts in them, and try them. I'm betting they are a great piece of technology.

Thread Information