|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Comparison Between Nv, And Ys-6

Need help determining if there is any difference in the feel of the ys6 and the nv65, I have the ys6 in my TITLIEST J VS, but i want to switch to a larger clubhead, so i chose the adams redline tour which is 400cc, and comes with a nv 65s. just wondering if it'll play any stiffer than the ys6, or about the same. i noticed the clubhead speed from aldila for the nv is rated from 100/110 for the stiff, my swingspeed is around 99. i really like the way the ys 6 plays. any info?

Ocean Course Santa Barbara...better than Pebble Beach
    i've owned drivers with both shafts...here's the lowdown...they are very different...in 2 ways...

the NV 65S will play much stiffer than the ys-6 stiff...the ball flight will be lower with the NV65...it will be shorter with the NV 65 most likely unless you are already a high ball hitter...

the ys-6 is softer overall...max swingspeed is 95 mph...softer tip which means higher ball flight along with it's slightly lower kickpoint...

i like the ys-6 even though i swing about 105-110...if your swing is smooth but faster than 95 you can still use the ys-6...but if you are fast with your tempo then get the ys-6 will likely spray it...eswpecially if it's in aclub that is not through bore...mine is through bore so it stiffens up my ys-6 and allows me to hit it very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Czar of the Short Game
    i've owned drivers with both shafts...here's the lowdown...they are very different...in 2 ways...

the NV 65S will play much stiffer than the ys-6 stiff...the ball flight will be lower with the NV65...it will be shorter with the NV 65 most likely unless you are already a high ball hitter...

the ys-6 is softer overall...max swingspeed is 95 mph...softer tip which means higher ball flight along with it's slightly lower kickpoint...

i like the ys-6 even though i swing about 105-110...if your swing is smooth but faster than 95 you can still use the ys-6...but if you are fast with your tempo then get the ys-6 will likely spray it...eswpecially if it's in aclub that is not through bore...mine is through bore so it stiffens up my ys-6 and allows me to hit it very well...
    here's my situation, i've been playing a sx flex ys6 in my j vs, and it appears to be a little to stiff for me, although i can place the ball where i want it with decent distance. and it allows me to shorten my swing and still get the ball in play when i need to. i would like a shaft with the same characteristics, only not a stiff. my j vs is a 8.5 and i get decent trajectory with the 6, my new driver that i'm waiting to come in is a 10.5 with the NV SHAFT. I was just wondering what could i expect from the new set up.my clubhead speed probaly max out around 100mph

Thread Information