|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Steel Shaft or Graphite Shaft in my 5 wood?

What do you think, should I get a steel or graphite shaft in my 5 wood. I'm looking for something to give me some more distance than my 3 iron for those long par 5's. I'm just an extremely long hitter but I am consistently 250-280 and if I take a whack I can get near 300 or right at it if I get lucky and hit it square. I can get a steel shaft much cheaper and the 5 wood I have right now has a steel shaft in it and I hit it very consistently, just dont get as much distance as I would like because it is a club from at 1986 or 87. Thanks

I've hit both. It's the old distance vs. accuracy tradeoff.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

i'd go with graphite, if you want more distance, and since your already consistant, you should have too much trouble

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Woods should have graphite shafts as a general rule. When you are thinking woods you are basically thinking distance. Moreover that would not sacrifice control entirely.
    [FONT=Arial]Girish Dayalan[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by autiger678
    What do you think, should I get a steel or graphite shaft in my 5 wood. I'm looking for something to give me some more distance than my 3 iron for those long par 5's. I'm just an extremely long hitter but I am consistently 250-280 and if I take a whack I can get near 300 or right at it if I get lucky and hit it square. I can get a steel shaft much cheaper and the 5 wood I have right now has a steel shaft in it and I hit it very consistently, just dont get as much distance as I would like because it is a club from at 1986 or 87. Thanks
    Are you saying you hit your driver 250-280, sometimes 300, or are talking about your 5W...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoElseButMe
    Woods should have graphite shafts as a general rule. When you are thinking woods you are basically thinking distance. Moreover that would not sacrifice control entirely.
    I recently tried regular Rifles in my fairway woods, and got good accuracy but at the expense of distance. I now have lightweight steel, True Temper Crossfires, and they have almost the distance of graphite and almost the accuracy of heavier steel. I consider these an excellent compromise.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Thread Information