|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Cool Prolaunch 65 vs. Aldila NV 65

Seeking feedback on any performance differences in these two shafts. My driver swing speed is only in the mid-80s with my usual smooth, and long, swing. Using a stock shaft in my TM540, 9.5, I, realistically, get about 225 yards (but straight). Ball flight medium high. If I get more aggressive, I usually go high, left, and the stock shaft seems a bit like a "buggy whip". I'd like more yardage. Probably still need regular flex, but hoping one of these two shafts would get me more distance. If I can, I'll try both at the range, but hard to find both hooked up to the same head, same time. Thanks in advance.

Both shafts are great

But you if you want a long and high ball flight, go with the Pro Launch

The aldila has a medium ball flight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aldila

Can't speak for the Prolaunch, but I'm using a Cleveland 400 9.5 with the NV-S 65. It has medium-high launch. I was using a Titleist 983k 10.5 for a while with a stock regular 4560 shaft and I felt the launch was too high. I really like the Aldila shaft, I think the regular flex would perform equally well. I feel the launch is ideal, but it also depends on your swing.

I did play a round with a friend's Big Bertha II with a Grafalloy Blue stiff flex and the launch was very low for me, but that's a different shaft.

Aldila NVS ( the red one ) - HIGHER launch

Aldila NV ( the booger green one ) - medium to high

Graffalloy Prolaunch - High launch

Graffalloy blue - low launch

hope that helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know that the shafts of the Aldila NV-65 tend to play a little more flexible than it says. But that may be because of the new 20 layer technology they use. My Aldila helps me reduce my ball spin so I hit it straighter, and it also allows me to work the ball if I want to. It let's me feel the clubhead more, because it is so light, it allows me to make an easy swing and make solid contact.
    "Look honey your $800 dollar driver plays just like your $100 driver!"

6. Both shafts are much better than the average stock shaft. I play the original NV 65 X flex, I have a naturally high ball flight and needed this shaft to help bring it down. The Pro Launch gives a little more kick at release than the NV which I liked because you can feel the clubhead a little better but I need a lower ball flight.

Driver Snake Eyes 600T 8.5* w/ Aldila NV65 X
    3+ Callaway 2004 Big Bertha w/ RP Rifle 6.0
    2-PW Callaway X-18 Pro Series w/ RP 5.5
    52* & 58* Callaway Forged + w/ DG S300
    Putter Odyssey 2 Ball Blade
    Ball Callaway HX Blue

Marshall

I agree with Marshall, the NV was designed so that it wouldn't give as much kick before it hit the ball. I think they made it that way because with a looser flex you can hit it longer but that extra flex can tend to help in pushing or pulling the ball. I did some research and the Proflex is for people who are looking to have that high boring ball flight, But it has a mid kick flex point which allows you to hit it farther. Bottom line is that Stiff helps straighten, and a Regular allows more distance.

Ak
    "Look honey your $800 dollar driver plays just like your $100 driver!"

Uh, presuming the aldila website is correct, the NV is low/mid launch. Also, according to everyone I know that's played it, it plays true or stiff to flex. Maybe it's soft to flex compared to a Speeder or a Blue...?

Both 757 Speeders and the Graffaloy Blue (the regular "Blue") play stiff to flex in the opinion of most observers. I have no information on the Blue ProLaunch, but since it has a lower kickpoint (and thus a slightly higher launch) it will probably at least not feel as stiff as if it had the same flex in a higher kickpoint. Kickpoints have a greater impact on the feel than the actual trajectory, but they do affect both.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Both butt stiffness and tip stiffness come into play. By most accounts, the Prolaunch series plays a bit stiff to flex--which means that you can leave it right--while at the same time producing high launch. Over the past 6 months, I've played a PL 55 gram shaft (reg. flex) most of the time in my drivers. Very good performer, but if I'm not careful to square the clubface through impact, I can hit it a mile high and a half-mile right with this shaft. 75% of my tee shots are straight to a little draw, with a few pull-hooks thrown in to spice things up.

Because I play relatively high-loft drivers, I really should try the NV. Sounds like I might get rid of that high block. On the other hand, the NV/NVS runs over $80, and the Aggressive Frenzy gives what sounds like identical performance (soft-feeling, excellent control, strong distance, mid ball flight) for just over $50. Come to think of it, no shaft will totally eradicate the high block for me. I can go brain-dead in the middle of the swing and leave the clubface 20* open... "Both hands firmly on the wheel" is the technical term.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    [/FONT]

Thread Information