|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: New PING irons

New PING irons

Does any1 know if or whwn PING are bringing out a new iron as i am waiting for Edwin Watts to lower the price of G2's.

Thanx

Ben

You’ll have to be patient ping released them in 2003/4 and usually stick with a set for four or five years before introducing a new line.
    Last edited by AJW; 02-02-2005 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW
    You’ll have to be patient ping released then in 2003/4 and usually stick with a set for four or five years before introducing a new line.
    If you were interested in Taylormades, the new product cycle is much shorter than Pings. For Taylormades, usually about 30 minutes is necessary before introduction of a new and improved product, and the inevitable plummeting of value of the "older" gear.......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

johnnypar

Ping will come out with a new set of irons...................the week after you buy the G2's

Ping Irons

PIng has a new iron out, the S59, you will notice it in the picture here, top left side. Here is what PING says about these irons.
    "If you prefer the look and feel of a traditional blade, the new S59 is your choice. The engineering behind the club produces a solid feel, distance control and penetrating trajectory. A buffed sole and flange contrast with a sandblasted face and top line to give the S59 its unique finish. "
    I have seen these irons and they do look nice, thin top line, compact head, nice sole.If I recall they were around $1100 Canadian. One of the nicest looking Ping Irons I have seen, and I am not a Ping Fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Golfbum; 02-03-2005 at 06:53 AM.
    [I][B][COLOR=Green][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Golf Is Like Sex, You Won't Miss It Until You Ain't Getting Any[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The s59's are the easiest blade to hit

they are deffinately the best ping irons out that I have hit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thnx guys

ill just save until the summer and get them then

thnx again

Ben

I hit the S59 before in the pro shop.
    Much more forgiving than traditional balde iron. But S59 has a thicker top line than the traditional ones.

The S59 came out before the G2's did, though. A totally different iron, of course, but a clarification of the above post. Ping does seem to have quickened their rollout times of products in the last few years. The I3+ wasn't out that long before they introduced all the G2 lines. I'd say they'll come out with something within two years. Of course, their irons don't exactly deflate in value like those of some other companies, so even after introduction of another line you can expect the G2's to stay close to the same price for a couple of years.

IMO, your best bet is to bite the bullet and get them if you want them & they work for you. If you've ever looked at the price of Ping irons on ebay, etc. it's like buying a used Mercedes - you still pay a lot, but you get the value.

Talking All good points

I agree on the value aspect. I just sold a set of Ping ISI-K's that I used for a year for $50 more than I originally paid for them. That just blew me away. Then I used the extra coin to pick up a like new set of Ping WRX I3's (4-6 in O-Size and 7-GW in the Blades) for just $250.00 on Ebay. What a steal. They've really come down in price now that the I3+ and G2 models have come out.

Don't overlook the I3 Blades. I haven't hit the S59's, but I think my I3 Blades are very forgiving and I've gained 20 yards per club over my old pings. Plus, Ping's customer service has never failed to impress. A real class company and the only one I'll ever buy irons from. Now drivers are a different story...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by swvaguy
    The S59 came out before the G2's did, though. A totally different iron, of course, but a clarification of the above post. Ping does seem to have quickened their rollout times of products in the last few years. The I3+ wasn't out that long before they introduced all the G2 lines. I'd say they'll come out with something within two years. Of course, their irons don't exactly deflate in value like those of some other companies, so even after introduction of another line you can expect the G2's to stay close to the same price for a couple of years.

IMO, your best bet is to bite the bullet and get them if you want them & they work for you. If you've ever looked at the price of Ping irons on ebay, etc. it's like buying a used Mercedes - you still pay a lot, but you get the value.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Ball-Striker
    Now drivers are a different story...LOL.
    I play with an SI3-380. It's mahvelous. Good solid feel on contact, nice flight & accuracy. I've tried lots of drivers. Ping has the best "thwack" feel on a good swing of any I've tried.
    Hold my Beer. I'm going to hit a high fade over that tree....

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Ball-Striker
    Don't overlook the I3 Blades. I haven't hit the S59's, but I think my I3 Blades are very forgiving and I've gained 20 yards per club over my old pings. .
    fwiw
    When I originally demo'd the S59's the Asia MD was also there and stated the S59's are as forgiving as the I3's - yet look an awful lot better.. ie more like a regular blade type iron. They were indeed surprisingly good.

I was using Mizuno forged cavity backs with Rifle shafts, very happily for 8+ years.

Now I have S59's..... highly recommended, especially the fitting side of things.

Incidentally, the tour version of the S59's had ferrules which will improve the looks still further. Also I tested them with a Rifle shaft as well as the Ping Lite and ss-65 shaft. As a long time rifle fan I'm sorry to say they seem utterly unsuited to these clubs - ball flight too high (and i usually hit too low...). So stick with the TT options. The ZZ65's are fine.

They are good, plenty forgiving enough, yet not shovel ugly.

coops

Thread Information