|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

taylor made blades vs. mizuno blades

I recently got a great deal on a taylor made tour preferred (2004) irons 2-pw and decided to jump on it. The 2-6 are cb, almost blades but a little more forgiving, the 7-9 are mb, actual blades, and a rac wedge for the pitching wedge. Anyways this was my first experience with blades and I absolutely love them but as many good things as I hear about the mizuno blades I was wondering if anyone could give me a comparison of the two. I was also wondering if someone could give me a comparison of the top mizuno blades in case I decide to switch to them. I'm not sure how many people will have hit both sets but even if no one has you can give me your guesses or impressions of each set seperately. Thanks,

Josh

I have been demoing blades for the past couple of weeks. Though I like the Taylormade blades, I love the Mizuno MP-33 and MP-32. The Mizunos seem to have more distance and I can get more out of mishits than I could with the Taylors. Go demo the MP-32's they are great clubs and then decide whether you want to switch. I'm going to go out and get some of the MP-32's as soon as the snow melts here in Michigan. Good luck on your search.

Hey, thanks for your input, I do think these taylormades are a bit short, probably a club shorter than my idea irons I had but it's hard to tell as cold as it is here. Any other input is appreciated.

I also noticed the 32 are quite a bit more than most of the 33's on ebay, are they worth the extra cost?

Here in the shops the 32's are about $50 more than the 33's. One of the local shops here in Lansing is selling the 32's for $630 custom fitted. Make sure that what ever you get you have them fitted. So check out your local shops they usually are pretty close on price as to those on e-bay and you will get better customer service and warranty.

It's a matter of taste I think. I got the MP-33 and love them. Never hit the MP-32, but mizuno rocks, and if you hit them and liked them, buy them.
    Seems like the MP-32 has 1* stronger loft than the MP-33:

MP-32
    Model Loft Left Lie Length
    Handed
    2 18° No 59° 39.25"
    3 21° Yes 59.5° 38.75"
    4 24° Yes 60° 38.25"
    5 27° Yes 60.5° 37.75"
    6 31° Yes 61° 37.25"
    7 35° Yes 61.5° 36.75"
    8 39° Yes 62° 36.25"
    9 43° Yes 62.5° 35.75"
    PW 47° Yes 63°

MP-33
    2 19° No 57.5° 39.25"
    3 22° No 58° 38.75"
    4 25° No 58.5° 38.25"
    5 28° No 59° 37.75"
    6 32° No 60° 37.25"
    7 36° No 61° 36.75"
    8 40° No 62° 36.25"
    9 44° No 62.5° 35.75"
    PW 48° No 63° 35.25"
    "I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine."

Driver: Nak NP-1 9.5* Graphite Design Tour AD I-65 stiff
    3-wood: Alpha V5 15* Fujikura Rombax 7W06 stiff
    Irons: Miura Tournament Blades i2-PW TT DG S300
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-R 52* and 56* True Temper S300
    Putter: Scotty Cameron American Classic VII Napa Custom
    Ball: Taylormade TP red LDP

Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    I also noticed the 32 are quite a bit more than most of the 33's on ebay, are they worth the extra cost?
    The extra cost isn’t due to the superiority of the MP32 it's mainly because they are new and the MP33 have been around a while. IMO the main difference with these clubs is cosmetics and forgiveness.

The MP32 have a chunkier top line (which many feel more confident with than the thin MP33) and the distribution of weight around the head results in a little more forgiveness for off centre contact. I would guess the centre of gravity is deeper in the MP32 and therefore you get slightly higher ball flight which might be why the lofts have been strengthened as Spinner pointed out.

The MP33 is less forgiving but offers more shot shaping potential. I think Mizuno make the best forged irons and as Spinner says it's personal opinion. I demo'd the 37s and got such a great low ball flight but found the 33's more forgiving so in the end chose them.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I know what I hate and I don’t hate this.[/FONT]

I've tried most of the forged blades currently on the market, and I don't feel that there's a material difference among them.

I recommend that you try every blade that you can get your hands on. Everyone has their own preference.
    [B][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]http://grouchygolf.blogspot.com/ [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

mizuno makes the best blades...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

David v.s. Goliath

honestly, Mizuno Fans will always say Mizuno is the best, and they are, after 20 years of demo..

But, if you buy Taylor Made Blade, they are not too bad, because TM, as well as Titliest, Cleveland and Nike, copy Mizuno in the Blade design.

The first set of Pro Club that was used by Tiger Woods was labeled as Titleist, but for us who know, Tiger asked Titlesit to buy a set of Mizuno, and simpily put the label of Titleist.

Speaking of Tiger, my friend, whom is Nike's VP, told me that Tiger's first wedge from Nike that he used in play, was from Titlesit, Vokey wedge.

anyway, maybe you don't like Tiger, maybe you don't care who used what, maybe you bought Taylor Made already, once you go Mizuno, there is no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by samtsui
    but for us who know, Tiger asked Titlesit to buy a set of Mizuno, and simpily put the label of Titleist.
    I am glad we finally got an "inside" guy to give us all the behind the scenes insight we've been missing. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kirksey74
    mizuno makes the best blades...
    I second that.

ill agree mizunos are nice, but it comes down to what you play better. i was sold on the mp-32 and loved it every time i demo'd it. then the last time i went the guy at the golf store handed me the new rac tp by taylor and asked me to give it a wack for comparison. Well needless to say for my the taylor made was longer, straighter and felt better to me. Bottom line, i know own the rac tps and love them. demo them and buy what suits you best.

They are all the same!!

I don't know if it's just me, but Golf Clubs recently have lost their character.

They look the same, check out Titliest's Blade 690, Mizuno 's MP series, Nike's Forge, look the same and almost feel similar...

All Driver is 460 cc in size, high COR, better stock shaft with NV, Fujikura and others.
    Feel the same, and similar forgiveness.

So, bottom line, who cares what you use, every company is copying the good stuff from their competitors, just pick a BRAND that you like and it should be good.
    Sam

You good sir, Samstui, have explained what cannot be explained by most, perfectly.

you are a true Posting Guru....the force is with you....

Taylor makes great woods, Mizuno makes great irons. Thats all you need to know.

OH, and Nike is junk.
    I hate bogeys.

Quote Originally Posted by joshmv
    I recently got a great deal on a taylor made tour preferred (2004) irons 2-pw and decided to jump on it. The 2-6 are cb, almost blades but a little more forgiving, the 7-9 are mb, actual blades, and a rac wedge for the pitching wedge. Anyways this was my first experience with blades and I absolutely love them but as many good things as I hear about the mizuno blades I was wondering if anyone could give me a comparison of the two. I was also wondering if someone could give me a comparison of the top mizuno blades in case I decide to switch to them. I'm not sure how many people will have hit both sets but even if no one has you can give me your guesses or impressions of each set seperately. Thanks,

Josh
    Are Mizuno's the best? Maybe, they are at least in the conversation regarding irons. Cleveland, or Titliest, or MacGregor or whoever may get in as well, but you know for sure that Mizuno will be. That really speaks volumes.

With that said, I personally believe the shafts on your clubs are just as important as the heads, and the lie and loft angle are very important. Ultimately it's how often you hit balls as to how well you'll play golf.

I personally love blades. I love how they feel, and look. I can't stand listening to impact now of cast clubs. They sound so clunky.

I certainly don't think it's worth buying a different set of clubs if your TM's are setup for you; length, lie, loft and flex. If your using off the shelf clubs, than maybe it is a good idea because I'm a big believer in the advantages of custom clubs.

Thread Information