|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question to anyone who can answer?

I recently got into clubmaking. I ordered some clubheads, shafts, ferrules, and grips from this store about a week ago. The store is www.bestbuygolfsupply.com After I emailed them to ask why my order hasn't shipped or been processed yet they told me it was because the grips were out of stock. I asked them if they had other ones in stock yesterday and they won't return my message. I tried calling them during their store hours and cannot get through. My question is has anyone here ordered from them and how did they treat you?

Quote Originally Posted by budnc6721
    I recently got into clubmaking. I ordered some clubheads, shafts, ferrules, and grips from this store about a week ago. The store is www.bestbuygolfsupply.com After I emailed them to ask why my order hasn't shipped or been processed yet they told me it was because the grips were out of stock. I asked them if they had other ones in stock yesterday and they won't return my message. I tried calling them during their store hours and cannot get through. My question is has anyone here ordered from them and how did they treat you?
    Interesting.

I ordered approx US$250 worth of components from them about 10 days ago. I'd liaised via email with the main man there - Ken - via email beforehand about since I'm in Australia and needed to go with USPS shipping to keep costs down (their site calculates shipping automatically with Fedex / UPS).

On Ken's instruction I placed the order with instructions to ship via USPS but to first email me details of the total price and get my OK via email. Well, anyway, I have never heard from them since.

I emailed Ken straight after placing the order to re-iterate the requirements and to ensure that the calculated shipping amount of $500 (yep $500 - the calculator somehow worked out that my dozen or so heads and shafts weighed about 80 lbs) was not going to be debited on my credit card. No response.

2 or 3 follow ups from me - each one conveying an increasing rate of concern - received no response.

I then emailed my instructions to cancel the order and then emailed again to get confirmation that the order had/would be cancelled....no response.

I've since placed my order with another supplier who had everything on its way within 24 hours.

Now ... Bestbuygolf's email auto-reply notes that there has been an accident with "Sara" that has left them short on the phones etc.. and that they're catching up on production etc.. I'm not 100% sure but I get the impression Sara is Ken's wife. My best guess is that the circumstances of Sara's accident are quite serious to the point that Ken has temporarily shut up shop or been unable to maintain even basic Customer Service. If thats the case I can only wish them the best and hope things right themselves.

From my own perspective I'm concerned that my credit card details and a bodgy invoice total are sitting on their system and that I can't get any comfort in terms of the status of the order. I don't think there's anything suspicious about their operations and Ken was helpful enough in our emails prior to me placing the order. I'm more concerned that amidst all the disarray my instructions and subsequent request to cancel will be ignored and/or some "hired help" will put through my order net of the obviously incorrect shipping charge.

So you're not alone mate. I'd be interested to know if/when you hear from them.

Cheers

Well I didn't know about Sara getting in an accident... That makes a little sense why you or I can't get ahold of anyone. I'm really in no order to cancel though because I had the order mailed to my house and I will be at school until May 10th. I just didn't know if that was standard practice. I'll let you know if i hear anything from them tho. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Thread Information