|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Jim Flick is a genius!

This past weekend was the West Michigan Golf Show and on of the guest speakers on Saturday was Jim Flick. He broke down the golf swing and made it sound so simple. He stated that the arm swing produces shoulder turn, not the other way around. It made sense because if the shoulder turn produced arm swing then the swing would be well inside. Now I see he and Jack Nicklaus are the cover story/tips of Golf Digest this month. After listening to him it makes me want to go out and get his book and video. What a smart man. And he is very funny and sociable.
    Last edited by sparty3138; 02-08-2005 at 08:46 AM.

If memory serves me I also think he is single. I'll see if I can find a link to his school, and then perhaps we can find a phone number for you.

The funny and sociable ones are so rare anymore......

He talked about his wife numerous times but I am not sure if you was using it in the past tense. I am not looking for a date, I have a girlfriend who I plan to marry. But thanks for thinking of my love life Besson.

I misunderstood. I went through something similar with Pelz and I was going to use my experience to help out.

Sorry.

If anyone of you are book lovers and want to try a new method of looking at the swing I advice you to read "Natural Golf Swing" by George Knudson. He isn't the best of writers but here are some points he has about the swing.

- The head can move back and forth, if not it will restrict the swing in many ways, swing as if you had no head.

- Take a wide boxers type stance when setting up, it gives you great balance which is the most important feature in the swing. There is a reason why Ben Hogan and Knudson were the best ball strikers of their era.

- Once you start the swing, don't use anymore arms or hands, let the rotation of the shoulders move the club back. It will allways put you in the right position at the top.

- As your swing reaches the top start the weight transfer forwords without swinging the arms, the quicker the transfer the more power and clubhead speed you will have. You must have good footwork in the swing.

- Your arms will follow behind giving great clubhead speed and angle near the end of your swing. When following through picture as if you are hitting swinging towards a tall pole 500 yards out behind the green. If you swing the club in that direction you will hit the ball extremely straight.

- When you swing you should swing as if there is no ball there.

- Never start the swing untill your arms, shoulders and body are EXTREMELY relaxed. If there is tension in your body your swing will be off.

Since I read the book I have had higher clunhead speeds with the driver (many over 120) and my irons have been crisp, straight and high.

Dude, you are just wacky over Knudson, aren't you?

Post a picture of him with no shirt on. I'll tell you what i think of his move.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    Dude, you are just wacky over Knudson, aren't you?

Post a picture of him with no shirt on. I'll tell you what i think of his move.

Thanks
    A picture of a man dead for 15 years without a shirt on would be a little too sick for me

I am canadian and so was George, I guess that causes me to feel linked to him in some way. His swing thoughts also worked. Jack Nicklaus called his swing the million dollar swing for a reason (this was back in the day when a million ws alot ;) ). All I am saying is if you like Ben Hogan's swing then this is the route for you.

It is not that hard. All you need is a shovel, a flashlight, a digital camera, and a scissors to cut the shirt away.

Let me know when you have completed this and I'll teach you how to post a foto.

Quote Originally Posted by Besson
    It is not that hard. All you need is a shovel, a flashlight, a digital camera, and a scissors to cut the shirt away.

Let me know when you have completed this and I'll teach you how to post a foto.
    Ground is frozen in Canada....your must wait till atleast May for those demands.

Thread Information