|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Tough Question

Tough Question

I know that this will not be an easy question. But I hope someone could help me on this one.

I have a Taylor Made R510 TP driver with the Fujikura Speeder 757 stiff shaft. The shaft is painted a silver/chrome and red. I have a chip in the paint on the shaft so you can see the black shaft underneath the silver paint.

Does anyone know of any paint or other material that could be used to cover that up - so it does not appear to be a chip in the shaft and looks silver/chrome again? I was thinking about looking at some auto paint?

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks.

...... my Ferrari F430 has a chip in the paint on a wing mirror, ooops did I inadvertently tell everyone I drive a Ferrari, how clumsy.

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm sure auto paint would do it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I know what I hate and I don’t hate this.[/FONT]

id think auto touchup paint would be your best bet

you seriously are going to repaint your shaft because of a small chip in the paint...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens course
    Contact TM about a warranty repair / replacement.

Or just live with it.

Auto paint will crack due to the flexing of the shaft. Additives need to be put in the paint to prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by kirksey74
    you seriously are going to repaint your shaft because of a small chip in the paint...
    When I first saw the little knick I thought that it could affect the performance of the club, but I took it to a club pro and he said that it was just a paint chip and nothing was wrong with the shaft. I guess my concern is that if I want to trade it in, they might not give me as much for the club just because of a little paint knick. So I was hoping to make it look good so there are no worries.

if the chip is less than inch long get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones04
    When I first saw the little knick I thought that it could affect the performance of the club, but I took it to a club pro and he said that it was just a paint chip and nothing was wrong with the shaft. I guess my concern is that if I want to trade it in, they might not give me as much for the club just because of a little paint knick. So I was hoping to make it look good so there are no worries.

I just kinda feel its a waste of time...money....maybe because I don't have any money...i don't even have a job

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got a "rub mark" (giggles) on my shaft from rubbing on my bag. It's a graphite friendly bag too. So, I just wrap a towel around the shaft so it doesn't rub. But a small chip....every club has a small chip somewhere...for goodness sakes it's used.

Thread Information