|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Inside Approach Training Devices on eBay

If you go to eBay and search for "inside approach," many training aids come up, very few of which are the actual Jack Nicklaus endorsed Inside-Out Approach. Are these clones just as good? Any one have any experience with 'em? Looks like you can get the real one for around $40-ish, the fake ones go for $9.99-$19.99. I'm a big believer in that fact that you get what you pay for, and don't want to get crap by buying a cheap knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by 515maverick
    If you go to eBay and search for "inside approach," many training aids come up, very few of which are the actual Jack Nicklaus endorsed Inside-Out Approach. Are these clones just as good? Any one have any experience with 'em? Looks like you can get the real one for around $40-ish, the fake ones go for $9.99-$19.99. I'm a big believer in that fact that you get what you pay for, and don't want to get crap by buying a cheap knockoff.
    I purchased a clone off of there the other day and have not received it yet. I think it should be here beginning of the week and then I can have more input on it. But from what I see - it looks pretty solid. It is not like the "real deal" is anything special - it is pvc and padding. I think that the clone people have put just as much time into developing an equal component as the original design. Just my thoughts.

I have a clone - it's exactly as it appears and is fully useable. I got it lastg month and it seems great so far. I've also used a real one, and I have yet to see the difference in practical usage.

Basically, the real one is made of injection moulded plastic, so it "looks" better, because the fake ones are just made of PVC from Home Depot or whatever, and they make no qualms about it. The only difference is that mine didn't come with weighted legs, which was okay, but it did make it possible to tip, so I went and bought two 1 foot lenghts of rebar and threw those in the legs and plugged it with a plastic bag (just stuffed it in).

The seller that I bought mine from's name is "tnielmo" I think. If I recall, he has them for BuyItNow for 14.95, although I just did it where I was the only bid on an auction and got it for 12.95. I bought his because it looked to be closer to the original - thicker foam, heavier PVC, and a beveled release clip.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input

Thanks guys. I'll try one out and report back in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    I have a clone - it's exactly as it appears and is fully useable. I got it lastg month and it seems great so far. I've also used a real one, and I have yet to see the difference in practical usage.

Basically, the real one is made of injection moulded plastic, so it "looks" better, because the fake ones are just made of PVC from Home Depot or whatever, and they make no qualms about it. The only difference is that mine didn't come with weighted legs, which was okay, but it did make it possible to tip, so I went and bought two 1 foot lenghts of rebar and threw those in the legs and plugged it with a plastic bag (just stuffed it in).

The seller that I bought mine from's name is "tnielmo" I think. If I recall, he has them for BuyItNow for 14.95, although I just did it where I was the only bid on an auction and got it for 12.95. I bought his because it looked to be closer to the original - thicker foam, heavier PVC, and a beveled release clip.

Hope that helps.
    I bought from the same seller as Silver. However I was a little mad when I bid on the one for $12.95 only to realize a little later that he also had a couple of "buy it nows" for the same product for $10.95. Oh well - $2.

I also bought one from "tnielmo". Ordered it LATE Friday night (like 1am CST) and it arrived today!

Appears to be well-made and sturdy, and he's added weights to the legs to prevent tipping.

nice, what'd he use for weights? the rebar and plastic bag cost me a total of about $2 CDN...I need to know if I got ripped!

;)

Each leg has a nickle-sized piece of lead shot held in by some fiber wadding.

interesting...thanks!

Thread Information