|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tommy Armour 845FS -should I buy?

Hi everyone, This is my first post-let me say great forum, love reading all the advise. My son and I have been playing for a couple of years now and I'm wondering if I should buy him a set of tommy armour 845fs I found on sale (199.00 Canadian). He currently is using a set of Pro Select wts 550's and am not sure if the tommy's would be that much better. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The 845 irons are great - very forgiving and accurate, a fine set for relative newcomers at a reasonable price. BUT... in my humble opinion, the "latest model" Tommy Armour 845fs are not as high quality as the older model 845s.

I bought a new set of 855s irons from Golf Galaxy last year, and subsequently filled out the set with W3 (52 deg) and W4 (60 deg) wedges bought off eBay. The "prior model year" clubs bought off eBay [from www.dallasgolf.com] seem to have better quality clubheads and grips. I still love the 855s - they're about 10% bigger than the 845 series - but the "new" clubs are a slight step down in materials.

Just my two cents.

I have a set of 845 silverscot (not the fs, the original). They are played very little, since I went to forged shortly after buying them new. If you want them, I could part with them. PM me if you want and I'll give you a good deal on them.
    Please, just call me Schemp...

sv:

These are an excellent choice for golfers such as yourself. Good luck in your pursuit...I believe that over 600,000 sets of these irons have been sold.

Great clubs

I played with a set of 845fs irons for about a year. Sold them thinking I needed something more advanced. I miss them. They are truly, easy-to-it, forgiving clubs. You will not go wrong purchasing them. Might change out the stock grips with something nicer...

Quote Originally Posted by sv58
    Hi everyone, This is my first post-let me say great forum, love reading all the advise. My son and I have been playing for a couple of years now and I'm wondering if I should buy him a set of tommy armour 845fs I found on sale (199.00 Canadian). He currently is using a set of Pro Select wts 550's and am not sure if the tommy's would be that much better. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Very good clubs for the beginner to intermediate player. Tommy Armours are quality clubs. Good price as well. Ya go for it...why not?

Thread Information