|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

GRTV presents Jeff_h vs daveperkins the video

Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

That was absolutely priceless. The course looks like fun and a challenge. Who won, by the way?

This is just a notch under the Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. Congrats, you beat Trump's POS attempt at this without any hard work.

Nice touch by catching the range attendant's walkie talkie calling you up to the tee.

Dave

Outstanding video, really impressive. Probably better than anything me and BURNDOG will be able to cobble together (if he turns up, looks like he may be doing an upanddownfromaballwasher on me )

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Excellent work Dave!! Another notch in the belt in your impressive GR match record. Looking forward to the next match, especially with the very professional video coverage. Who is it gonna be. Who will step up and take you on ? I would love to take you on but geography forbids. Let's get the challengers coming.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Great video Dave. It looks like you had fun but where is the promised beverage cart girl?
    Last edited by poe4soul; 08-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Hahahahahaha. Great stuff.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Great video Dave. It looks like you had fun but where is the promised beverage cart girl?
    DOH!!

Forgot her clip entirely.

DAMMMIT

I'll post it separately.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    That was absolutely priceless. The course looks like fun and a challenge. Who won, by the way?

I triumphed 5 and 4, thought about 'walking in triumphantly' from the 14th green but decided it was too dammn hot. :-)

By the last few holes it was approaching 100 deg. f.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Excellent work Dave!! Another notch in the belt in your impressive GR match record. Looking forward to the next match, especially with the very professional video coverage. Who is it gonna be. Who will step up and take you on ? I would love to take you on but geography forbids. Let's get the challengers coming.
    SoonerBS is coming back for more in September. I"m 2-0 now, so I have a target on my back. :-)

And Poe4soul will be along in a year, caddying for his dad in a Houston senior Olympics event we hope.. I'm not much on my chances against him (or his dad for that matter) but I"m in.

wish we were a few thousand miles closer, OP, it would be an honor.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Nice touch by catching the range attendant's walkie talkie calling you up to the tee.
    good catch on the audio... I was hoping it was loud enough, didn't have any more room to increase the level. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    SoonerBS is coming back for more in September. I"m 2-0 now, so I have a target on my back. :-)

And Poe4soul will be along in a year, caddying for his dad in a Houston senior Olympics event we hope.. I'm not much on my chances against him (or his dad for that matter) but I"m in.

wish we were a few thousand miles closer, OP, it would be an honor.
    My dad did qualify and it's hard to pass up these moments when you know your dad is getting older. He shot a 78, he's 75 years old. He thought the cutoff would be high eighties this year to qualify. Played with a good group but one of the guys shot 150, he estimated. Could you imagine trying to concentrate with Spalding hacking his way around the course?

We'll see, it is my vacation time and it's Texas. Not two things I thought would ever go together for me.

Anybody could have taken me this weekend. I played in a two day best ball and played like crap. The course is very tight tree lined and I had a horrible driving weekend. Plus the greens were redone a few years ago and were fast and undulating. I put a few balls ob and lost one green side. I think the group in front of us picked it up because there was nowhere for the ball to hide. Seriously, watched it hit next to a sand trap adjacent to the next teeing ground and poof! gone. I honestly don't want to know what I scored but it will be on the bottom of my HC card for a good while. I'm sure it will put my cap into the double digits... Oh well, that's why I don't make a living at this game. To top it off we didn't even play ham and egg. It was more like the Monty Python Spam song with sections that went spam, spam, spam, spam, spam and egg.

Great production once again, Dave. I'm not planning on making it easy on you this time around.

What did Jeff shoot? (I have to ask, but I figure that is what the "flying bird" sign is for . . . . . )
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Fantastic production Dave. You have missed your calling, that was much more professional than the crap they trhow up at The Masters, and you have a much better commentary style than tools like Costas and Jim Nantz.

Congrats on the win too dave, but don't take it too hard Jeff, Big Dave pulled a GR matchplay strategy on you, the saddle shoes strike again.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Great production once again, Dave. I'm not planning on making it easy on you this time around.

What did Jeff shoot? (I have to ask, but I figure that is what the "flying bird" sign is for . . . . . )
    we have no idea. quit scoring after 14th. :-)

I know you'll be ready. And I have to shape up my game. You can see how much my upper body is swinging out over my feet, couldn't find the center of the clubface. Getting lazy.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Fantastic production Dave. You have missed your calling, that was much more professional than the crap they trhow up at The Masters, and you have a much better commentary style than tools like Costas and Jim Nantz.

Congrats on the win too dave, but don't take it too hard Jeff, Big Dave pulled a GR matchplay strategy on you, the saddle shoes strike again.
    his cargo shorts were longer, but he had a couple of inches on me, so.. a draw on the cargo shorts.

and mine are MODIFIED saddles, mate. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

his cargo shorts were longer, but he had a couple of inches on me, so.. a draw on the cargo shorts.

and mine are MODIFIED saddles, mate. :-)
    Saddles are saddles Dave. You don't really want this to go to a poll do you
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The video was awesome to begin with but your commentary at the end had me laughing out loud. Kind of a cross between Taxi Driver and Rudolf the rednose raindeer. Was the music from Taxi Driver? Much more entertaining than anything I've seen on Golf Channel. You guys got your money's worth by seeing the entire course. What's with Jeff hovering his club an inch inside and two inches above his ball? That looked like a great course. Thanks.

My dad did qualify and it's hard to pass up these moments when you know your dad is getting older. He shot a 78, he's 75 years old. He thought the cutoff would be high eighties this year to qualify. Played with a good group but one of the guys shot 150, he estimated. Could you imagine trying to concentrate with Spalding hacking his way around the course?

We'll see, it is my vacation time and it's Texas. Not two things I thought would ever go together for me.

Anybody could have taken me this weekend. I played in a two day best ball and played like crap. The course is very tight tree lined and I had a horrible driving weekend. Plus the greens were redone a few years ago and were fast and undulating. I put a few balls ob and lost one green side. I think the group in front of us picked it up because there was nowhere for the ball to hide. Seriously, watched it hit next to a sand trap adjacent to the next teeing ground and poof! gone. I honestly don't want to know what I scored but it will be on the bottom of my HC card for a good while. I'm sure it will put my cap into the double digits... Oh well, that's why I don't make a living at this game. To top it off we didn't even play ham and egg. It was more like the Monty Python Spam song with sections that went spam, spam, spam, spam, spam and egg.

My dad's 73.. I know what you mean.. I'm hoping to get him out with Sooner and me in September, as he's told he he's got plans to be in Hackerville (Thackerville) at that time..

wonderful spam.... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Great video! Well done!

Very well executed. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

GR is not worthy of such genius.

Both of you have nice asses.

Jeff, you look strong; the silent type, so I won't mess with you

Dave, you are only 50? Have you lost weight? Honestly I thought you were 70 years old with that gorgeous voice of yours. Your voice is money, Uncle Dave.

You have a radio voice, on par with a singing voice you would find in the top ten of American Idol.

Jeff has strong traps, back, and shoulders, and he comes off looking good, like I and my brother do; I am sure Jeff has the strength to kick ass.

Uncle Dave, you are in good form, sir.

Uncle Dave, I recall, when I reread "Think and Grow Rich" that the prime years for a man is 40-60 years of age; you are in the middle of your prime, and your intellect and loss of weight proves that.

Uncle Dave, you have moved Mongrel to #2 on my favorite list here on GR.

Sorry Uncle Mongrel.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Another good effort Dave, but where was the accent and taking the mickey out of someone?? Pom,kiwi, aussie, or european.....
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Nice work Dave...very well produced. Do you use your announcer's voice when you're not on camera?
    Last edited by The Purist; 08-03-2010 at 07:13 AM.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Great work Dave, you should be able to use this skills to make extra money in your spare time

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Nice work Dave...very well produced. Do you use your announcer's voice when your not on camera?
    Yes, I narrate my whole life out loud so people around me will know what's happening. It's very helpful and nobody ever asks me to stop. Some days I almost hear the sports theme music in the background while I'm narrating.. and I wonder if others hear it too...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Yes, I narrate my whole life out loud so people around me will know what's happening. It's very helpful and nobody ever asks me to stop.
    Do you refer to yourself in the third person when doing the narration? Does the narration sound like the Blade Runner or more like Die Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Another good effort Dave, but where was the accent and taking the mickey out of someone?? Pom,kiwi, aussie, or european.....
    looking back, Roo, I'm disappointed with the overall lack of ferocity in this effort, particularly the kind of jingoistic internationalist ugliness that presents itself to a man like me who can do accents.

I promise to do better next time. sorry to let you down. But you're a Wallabies supporter, so you're used to it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, HAH hahh aha heheh hee hee

:-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Dave, do you often hear the Masters theme song playing from out of nowhere when you speak on a golf course?

GRTV.. An internet tradition unlike any other

[QUOTE=

Uncle Dave, you have moved Mongrel to #2 on my favorite list here on GR.

Sorry Uncle Mongrel. [/QUOTE]

No need for apology. Confucious say "List? List? What the f@ck? Just SHOW ME THE MONEY." And I also have a professionally-trained radio voice honed in southern California years ago and wonderfully aged with whiskey, weed, whites, wine and Marlboros. If I hit my big lottery, you can hear it as I announce each group on the first tee of my GR Invitational.

Do you refer to yourself in the third person when doing the narration? Does the narration sound like the Blade Runner or more like Die Hard?
    Dave never speaks of himself that way. It would signify a coolness and emotionless distance at odds with his gregarious persona.

And the narration sounds almost exactly like that little oriental magician telling the story in the second Conan the Barbarian movie...

at least that's what the lady in the cereal aisle in WalMart told me this morning. She liked the music though.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Great work, Dave! You are the undisputed King of the Camera and in my eye you are GR Challenge Match Champion - whatever happens in England is insignificant.
    "I'm going to end up working in the lumberyard the rest of my life"

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    A picture, or video is worth a thousand words. Dave how could you wear black in that heat? Swingin both ways was a masterpiece of human engineering. Jeff I gotta get some of those shades. Pretty good lookin swings, both of you guys. I,m not easily impressed, but I was. I played a round, with a fellow the other day, he,s 6' 7" your some big dudes.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 08-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Your heights are dead on. Jeff looks an honest 2 inches taller than you.

The two partners of yours look short next to you two.

Yeah I know I am Captain Obvious, but...
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

I've been away so I'm a bit late catching up on this but brilliant work Dave. SoonerBS v DaveP was a brilliant first up effort but this is even better.

Great work and congrats on the win.

Cheers
    Kiwi
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information