|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Don't you just hate it when.........

What are some of the things that really frost you on the golf course? A couple of my favorite pet peeves are people yacking on cell phones, and people who leave cigarette butts or sunflower seed shells on the green.

Let's hear it from everybody out there with a bone to pick.........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

when crappy players line up every putt and take their time like they are on the 18th green of Augusta

when people buy expensive clubs just to have them and cant hit the ball if their lives depended on it, and people who dont fix their ball marks on the greens

I Guys that suck but act like they're a scratch golfer, and say they;re gonna draw this shot around the bunker and spin it back to 3 foot.

Like this guy in our highschool team, He shoots high 70s on a good day but mostly low 80s.

But he trys to do more than he can and ends up making some double bogeys that could be avoided by playing his shot and not trying to do to much.

I try to help....stubborness annoys me when I know I'm right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Only one thing............

a bad temper.

I don't care for golfers who swear, throw stuff around and generally behave badly when the execute a poor shot.

I want to have fun, no matter what happens on the course.

when someone has something ridiculous like 270+ uphill to the green and they insist on waiting for the group in front of them, that's currently on the green, to clear because they "might" hit the green. Keep in mind, their drive was 220 yards but they "might" hit their 3 wood 270 uphill. All the time, my group is waiting on the tee box along with the group behind us to hit our tee shots. Of course as soon as the green clears the player will proceed to top the ball and advance it 35 yards forward.

another one is the guy who shoots in the mid 90's AT BEST throwing his clubs and being a total jerk during a round and ruining everyone else's round. The person thinks he's playing the back nine on Sunday at Augusta with a 1 shot lead when in reality he's just a hack hoping to break 100 from the white's at the local muni.

another one is the player who insists on providing a running commentary during a round about how I should play EVERY shot. "If i was you, I would play a cut right here." and "you should try to draw your drive around that tree". I appreciate a friendly suggestion or two during a round but if it's a suggestion on every hole for 18 holes, it becomes too much. I've noticed that these types of players are always singles that join my regular threesome and don't have the game to back up their mouths but are always quick with excuses for their own lousy play. Somehow we always hear "I hurt my shoulder/elbow/wrist/knee etc or else I would have hit a draw" a lot.

In general, I would say it's people who take this GAME waaaaay too seriously and lose perspective on just having some fun.

Super alex,

same thing happened with me...actually double trouble...

first this guy on the first waiting for the others ahead to clear the green on a 326 par 4. Well I got very excited and thought that well I get to see a really good drive but well he took 4 shots and the best one landed at 150 in the rough.

another .... a snotty fivesome with each of them boasting a 48 handicap..boy can they take long!
    [FONT=Arial]Girish Dayalan[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    people who leave cigarette butts...on the green.
    Damn, I haven't been lucky enough to witness this kind of activity.

People who incessantly curse themselves after a bad shot need to be taken out back.
    I keeps it real.

People who will not let you pass no matter how fast you are coming up on them is the worst. A guy hates to say anything, but there comes a time when there is no other option. And half the time when you say something, providing your playing a public course, they have no idea what you're talking about.

People who are always talking, walking on your line, doing their absolute best to be distracting and the most annoying they can be without even realizing it, and then have the nerve to call you on it if you make a slight unethical mistake.

People who take their sweet ass time when its clear that other people are waiting on them, and they know better. Often these are people who refuse to make a courteous gesture and let faster players play through. These people also fall into the category of waiting on people to leave the green before they hit their shot which happens to be 300 yards into the wind from the rough.

I'm sure there are more, but its not golf season here so I can't think of all of them.

_

When people that cant break 200 take 40 practice swings then stand over the ball for a half hour then top it a few feet.
    /rinse and repeat

_

Quote Originally Posted by alexcli
    when someone has something ridiculous like 270+ uphill to the green and they insist on waiting for the group in front of them, that's currently on the green, to clear because they "might" hit the green. Keep in mind, their drive was 220 yards but they "might" hit their 3 wood 270 uphill. All the time, my group is waiting on the tee box along with the group behind us to hit our tee shots. Of course as soon as the green clears the player will proceed to top the ball and advance it 35 yards forward.

another one is the guy who shoots in the mid 90's AT BEST throwing his clubs and being a total jerk during a round and ruining everyone else's round. The person thinks he's playing the back nine on Sunday at Augusta with a 1 shot lead when in reality he's just a hack hoping to break 100 from the white's at the local muni.

another one is the player who insists on providing a running commentary during a round about how I should play EVERY shot. "If i was you, I would play a cut right here." and "you should try to draw your drive around that tree". I appreciate a friendly suggestion or two during a round but if it's a suggestion on every hole for 18 holes, it becomes too much. I've noticed that these types of players are always singles that join my regular threesome and don't have the game to back up their mouths but are always quick with excuses for their own lousy play. Somehow we always hear "I hurt my shoulder/elbow/wrist/knee etc or else I would have hit a draw" a lot.

In general, I would say it's people who take this GAME waaaaay too seriously and lose perspective on just having some fun.

I agree about the bad behaviour but I would not group peoples scores into that category. There are plenty of shooters in the 90's that are trying to improve and take the game seriously, but at the same time have fun.
    Titleist 905t 10.5 NV 65-S
    Nike T40 3 metal wood
    Nike CPR 2 21 degree Hybrid
    Nike Pro Combo irons 4-pw
    Cleveland 900 54*
    Callaway Forged+ 60*
    Ping G2i B60 putter
    Nike SP5 shoes
    Maxfli Noodle/Srixon AD 333

All stuffed into a Nike Extreme Sport Carry Bag

RCGA HC Factor 15.5 working on it :help:

Quote Originally Posted by milner_7
    I agree about the bad behaviour but I would not group peoples scores into that category. There are plenty of shooters in the 90's that are trying to improve and take the game seriously, but at the same time have fun.

just to clarify, I was refering to the times someone takes the game too seriously and ruins other people's round. Didn't mean to imply that just because someone shoot's in the 90's, they shouldn't try to improve and play seriously. I typically shoot in the 90's and take the game very seriously but I try to keep things in perspective and remember it's just a game. So yes I agree with you and I was not trying to group people's scores to bad behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalion
    When people that cant break 200 take 40 practice swings then stand over the ball for a half hour then top it a few feet.
    /rinse and repeat
    Ditto to that! I hate those idiots with passion!

Re: What I loathe...

Here's what happened last month.

A golfing buddy named Joe came along with me and my brother-in-law to play at Walnut Creek, California.

On the 11th hole, Joe was driving in his cart down from the tee box when a ball coming from the opposite side of the adjoining fairway struck his windshield, leaving a very large crack.

And then we heard a lazy "Fore." This guy comes up and says, "What'd you do with my ball?"

So here's what I hate; I hate it when people don't have the common courtesy anyone else on the course (letting people pass, repairing ball markets, rake the bunker, etc.) nor to take the time to learn the ettiquette of the golf game.

Joe is not a good golfer. But he is a pleasure to be around with because of his professionalism on the golf course. He really makes the sport into what it is meant to be: a game for gentlemen displaying sportsmanship.

I rarely see cigarrette butts but I always see Cigar butts on the greens and fairways all the time. The worst part is they are usually nice $50 cuban cigars and they look like they had 2 puffs taken and then thrown away. What a waste of a good cigar! Some people have too much money.
    "Always repair your divot."

It's annoying when people on a golf course are yelling at their buddies 100 yards ahead of them on the cart path, getting a little carried away [over their beers] on the patio of the clubhouse, and etc., so that just as you take the putter back for your tricky downhill slider putt, you hear this enormous burst of noise. I'm willing to overlook a "Whoop!" when somebody makes an unexpectedly good shot on a nearby green or fairway, but "You never buy a round, Ralph" from the clubhouse porch or "Wait for me, Jim, I'm right behind you!" from players racing each other to the next tee is over-the-top rude. Guess I'm kind of a stick in the mud when it comes to golf course etiquette, but I start with the assumption that I should not be a distraction to anyone else on the course, and I wish they'd try to see it the same way. Golf is definitely for fun, but everyone should have an equal chance to enjoy it in their own way.
    [COLOR=SeaGreen]Trust the club.[/COLOR]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    [/FONT]

Being the 17th post on this thread, I guess most of the typical pet peeves have been spoken for. However, I'm sure all of you fellas know a guy who says "with my new Brand 'X" driver, I can now drive it 290 to 300 yards. C'mon man...do you know how damn long that is...and besides I've seen your swing!
    Last edited by the hummer; 03-21-2005 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the hummer
    Being the 17th post on this thread, I guess most of the typical pet peeves have been spoken for. However, I'm sure all of you fellas know a guy who says "with my new Brand 'X" driver, I can now drive it 290 to 300 yards. C'mon man...do you know how damn long that is...and besides I've seen your swing!
    People like that tend to post about their wannabe exploits on certain golf boards, though not usually this one.....
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

I don't like threads on golf message boards that foster hatred... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by LBCGolf
    I don't like threads on golf message boards that foster hatred... ;)
    Imagine no country....It's easy if you try.

No hell below us.

Above us only Sky....

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    People like that tend to post about their wannabe exploits on certain golf boards, though not usually this one.....
    No not this golf board, but I do get a good laugh reading some of the Driver Reviews on this website.

Thread Information