|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Aldila shafts

Aldila shafts

I am very impressed with the performance and feel of the NV 65. Has anyone else's game improved with these shafts? NV, NVS?

Quote Originally Posted by rsr72
    I am very impressed with the performance and feel of the NV 65. Has anyone else's game improved with these shafts? NV, NVS?
    hi RSR72,

I'm currently using a driver-shaft combination of 9.5* Titleist 983K and Aldila NV-65 with a D2 swingweight. This is an effective combo for me as it provides an ideal launch angle.

In my 14.5* and 18.5* Titleist 975F fairway woods, I like the feel of the heavier 95g Aldila HM40 in S-flex. This combination with a D2 swingweight feels great and provides accurate results. I put a premium on fairway accuracy with these clubs an not so much on distance.

I've tried a the Aldila NVS with a Taylor Made R7 and the feel of the shaft is very nice. I'm not so keen on the driver head because of its looks from above at address.

In conclusion, I would put an NV shaft into my driver to lower my launch angle to achieve the optimum trajectory between 12* to 14*. Conversely, I would put an NVS shaft in my driver if I required a higher launch to achieve the optimum trajectory.
    Last edited by the hummer; 04-05-2005 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsr72
    about a month ago i was at the driving range with a friend of mine and his 15 yr old son. they were hitting my old clubs, and i was hitting my newer clubs. my driver was ~3 yrs old, and is an Adams GT 363, 9*, stiff.

in a nutshell, his son hit my driver a few times, then i heard him say "uh-oh". i turned around, he was holding the shaft, the head had flown off about 100 yds into the driving range. i had a decision to make-- reshaft or buy a new driver altogether. i looked at all the new drivers, and demoed several, but didn't like any of the heads over 400cc. i had my eye on the Aldila shaft (as well as others), so i took the plunge and had it re-shafted with an Aldila NV-stiff. it cost $100 to have this done, as opposed to spending $300 to $500 on a new driver. the cost included the shaft ($84), shipping, cleaning out the old club, and a new grip, along with labor.

the first few times i hit my "new" driver i had trouble getting it in the air, and it didn't seem to go as far. about my 3rd session swinging the new shaft, i finally figured it out. i found my swing plane, and swung away. i learned this shaft likes to be hit much harder than the stock shaft. i am hitting it several yards further than before, 20-30yds on the range. i have now played two rounds with it, and have had similar results. in fact, i found i reached trouble i didn't reach before--two creeks i had never reached, and some trees in the back of a dogleg i had never reached before either.

the new shaft does have a lower trajectory (as advertised), and i think is easier to control at higher speeds than the stock shaft ever was. it will take some getting used to, but i think i will grow to love it. i can't say it has improved my game yet, but i am hopeful. only time will tell.

Good story divotman...

In my opinion, it is the best shaft on the market.

I have it in my G2 and I have never hit the G2 with any other shafts but when I first demoed this club head with the Aldial NV shaft, I couldn't let go of it.

about a week ago my my friend's bag fell off our cart and his driver shaft snapped. I told him to get an Aldila NV X-stiff. He is my age and he swings around 120 mph and it's nothing for him to a 330-350 yard drive.

Before he had a big draw/hook and his stock shaft broke in his Launcher 460. He got the Aldila x stiff 75 gram put in his driver and he hits the ball about 330+ with a higher launch and a slight draw.

I'm kinda ed now because he was already loner than me but now he hits fairways....too bad my irons are x100 times better than his

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread Information